Hlg quantum boards

4 Likes

The first photo
the left plant yielded 3.43 grams dried and no stems.

Now the very first photo
the middle and right is the same plant. I had to cut the top iff her. She was over 75” tall.

Last photo is the two pieces which makes the plant mostly whole.

Max weight was 3.32 oz dried, cured and no stems. Under a Viparspectra PAR600.

Under the Vipar
then a 2nd Vipar and finially 2 HLG 260xl rspec I got a whopping 8 oz dried, cured and no steams.

Now the very top was only under my HLG lights. The 318 grams dried and no stems was my best crop. Till now
my Peach Pure CBD makes it seem small.

1 Like

What I like about HLG is you can make a light the same as the 550 for 1/2 that works as good or better. You cant really do that with any other manufacture I know of
Edit. I know I going to get worked, there are others that make DIY i’m just to slow to remember them.

1 Like

Hlg certainly has a good reputation, the others seem to be hit and miss.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I’d like your help building a QB setup for 4x4 please. I really don’t have a direction other than HLG I don’t mind doing whatever you suggest just want to get quality products. Would it be okay to use the burple as a supplement as well with building a new setup? Really want to stay under $750

2 Likes

@BamaGrowLabz For a 4x4 tent the HLG 260xl rspec x 2 will work for that tent size. Best investment ever. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

He’s recommended that before just curious if I can build it for cheaper

1 Like

Probably can save but I don’t know grow to go about that. I went with his and others recommending me the 260xl rspec x 2.

You can probably save few bucks. Price out 4 288 r-spec boards, 4 slate 2 single heatsinks, and 2 hlg-240h-c2100a drivers. Wiring and connectors probably run you $30, plus whatever you decide to do for frame and hardware.

1 Like

Frame and hardware? They will hang all together or individual?

I guess depends on however you want it. If you’re going to do individual lights I would go with one driver per board then, which would be different than driver I listed above.

1 Like

I’m just confused on if I’m doing individual heat sinks what frame are you thinking I need?

If you bought individual heatsinks and wanted them to be one fixture you would need to attach them to each other. I assumed that’s what you wanted, but it doesn’t have to be that way.

1 Like

If you want to buy a heatsink that holds all 4 boards, you may as well order the hlg-600 kit.

1 Like

I’m just trying to find the frame you’re talking about is all.

I’m not a DIY person but for a 4x4 tent will take 2 HLG 260xl rspec. There is a 35” aluminum heat shield.

1 Like

Can you help me understand the dimming function of the driver and how to use it properly and in what capacity you’d want to dim it down. Thanks

You would build it. Probably tons of examples on here if you scroll around.

The dimmer controls current on those drivers. You would use it to lower your power consumption, light output, or amount of heat in your grow space. Any time you thought any of those would help, you could make an adjustment.

1 Like

eBay this item number please and give me your :man_mage: advice. His response to my question for comparison to HLG550 is what’s below

It is 16.2% more efficient because we are using the latest LM301H LED’s instead of the LM301B’s. 3.03 ÎŒmol/J compared to the LM301B 2.60 ”mol/J. Not only does the LM301H diode offer a fuller spectrum light, it also outputs a higher intensity light while using the same amount of electricity as the lm301b diode, meaning powering your tents just got even cheaper. The LM301H diode is the highest ÎŒmol/J of any Quantum LED to date. With the combined increased light output with a wider light spectrum that more closely mimics the sun, the lm301h quantum LED will quickly become the new standard diode used in top tier High Performance LED grow lights. Not to mention the price difference is quite significant.

It’s Hygrow Lighting Solutions out of NC and all Samsung qb boards used HLG drivers and assemble in USA. You can look them up on FB too