Hlg quantum boards

The plant in the far back corner is a GSCE Auto. I’ve been only getting about three ounces per plant till I swapped lights. That plant easily has six ounces on it.

2 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

I need your wizard skills too. I’m currently on the burple lights. After this grow and even now that I’ve got a couple of clones going, what’s your suggestion for a veg room light for up to 4 clones going and a flower room light for 4 plants? I don’t mind having to assemble if it saves me money. I’ve been looking at the HLG lights and I’m just unsure what I need to pull the trigger on. I’m seeing an issue already with the burple lights not having an adequate footprint for 4 plants in 10gal pots. I want to be more efficient and grow the best I can each time.

1 Like

How large are the rooms?

1 Like

They are 4x4

Anything will grow, use the burp’s and do 2ea of the 2 x QB288 260 R-Spec for the flower tent.

If you want to use qb’s, you can build with 4 pack of qb 120’s for veg. Would give you roughly 250 watt light, I think current cost of build would run about $250 or so. Flowering, is probably go with two of the 260xl kits with r-spec boards.

2 Likes

Do you know if the 260 is upgradable if I wanted to add another panel later? What are my options if I want to build my own? I’m reading your diy thread at the moment it’s just 12hrs of reading lol.

You could add a third board to a 260 xl kit, but you would need a different driver to run all 3 boards.

Lot of options for building a 4x4. You could buy boards and assemble yourself, build a cob light similar to what timber or rapid offer, or use strips that are available at several places.

1 Like

Through your research and experience what do you recommend me doing? I want to have a 4/4 veg and 4/4 flower room to keep rotation going strong. I have plenty of skills and I’m more than capable of building a fixture so I’m not opposed to that. I’m only now reading and making myself more knowledgeable as to why these lights are different and more efficient than others. As far as why to use them with dimmers I haven’t come across that yet while reading your diy post. It’s so much dang info! If you want to point me in the direction of what to buy to adequately grow 4 plants at a time I’d appreciate that.

Main purpose of dimmer is to control light levels, but there’s a lot of reasons you would want that. For what it’s worth, you’ll probably end up with dimming drivers anyway if building a 4x4. The biggest question would be if you want drivers with built in pots, or drivers that you need to wire your own pot.

I’m probably the worst person to ask exactly what to do. I have built with so many different products at this point, that it really doesn’t matter anymore. Each of us usually have our own little reasons that will push us a different way too.

To veg a 4x4, I would grab 4 pack of something like qb 120’s in 4000k or 5000k and toss them on hlg-240h-c2100a driver. Cheap, easy, and effective. Last I looked you could build that out under $300. Flowering light, price out how to get around 600 watts with all of the 660nm enhanced products.

1 Like

So the qb 120 are $132 and I need 4 of them? In the description it says 4pc but I’m a smidge confused they also come in 3000,3500,4000k. Wash board is 70watt capable with do I need to buy 4 70w drivers? Also I’m researching to see what you mean by the 600nm lights

Also by built in pot are you meaning a potentiometer?

1 Like

The 4 pack of 120 boards is roughly 130. I think Amazon had them 100 last I looked. Yes sorry pot=potentiometer. The hlg-240h-c2100a will run all 4 boards wired in series. There are probably a dozen or two of these builds around the forum.

I said 660nm enhanced products, meaning led modules that contain white leds and 660nm. Examples are r-spec boards, plc photo boost strips, chilled tech logic boards, or Samsung L2 horticulture modules. Plenty of other stuff too, those are just latest and greatest.

1 Like

So why the 120qb over the 132qb?

They were cheaper when I looked. Otherwise no reason. Just make sure you get proper driver if you go that way.

1 Like

Have you looked at the Meijiu lights? I’m concerned they’re not going to be as effective as HLG? Am I okay to assume HLG is the best quality and they perform as described? @dbrn32

@BamaGrowLabz I can’t vouch about the other light, but HLG does rock. Two of the three plants I pulled gave 96 grams and the other 318 grams. Both was Blue Dream but the one got squeezed out by the two big girls. In a 4x4x80” grow tent. The listed weight was dried and no stems.

This last plant is massive. :+1:

2 Likes

Which HLG are you using?

Also do you have any pics of that harvest? I’m curious if anyone has done a side by side with burples and HLG to see difference. I have a Burples now for 4 plants and I see HLG yield and want to make the switch. I got 4qb 132 on the way for veg to see how they do different than theses burple