Hlg quantum boards

Guy is full of shit, I wouldn’t deal with him. You can review data sheets for 301b
And 301h and see they are the same damn thing.

3 Likes

Done, ordered the 600 from HLG have it this week! Bye bye burple hello production! Got a sweet military discount too and save a couple hundred dollars. @dbrn32 the guys at HLG we’re so so helpful!!

4 Likes

Good to hear!

2 Likes

Anything better about the Inventronics EUD-600 Driver that it comes with over a mean well?

@dbrn32
What are your thoughts on this light

I think they are considered superior drivers as a whole, but I’m not familiar with specifics on them. You should be able to download data sheets and compare though.

2 Likes

2.36 umol/joule seems a little low if they are top bin 301h, at that current. Probably accurate though, epistar 660nm likely the reason.

2 Likes

So I was watching the build video for the HLG600 fixture and here’s a couple of ?

When I set this up am I measuring from the floor or current canopy height?

Should I need to supplement any of my other two Burple turds or use them to veg the next batch?

I also have a couple of 300w HPS but was trying to avoid the operating cost and heat associated. More of a statement than a question but if not going to use them I want to sell them.

I’m currently using berg nute and I’m going to start new crop in the next couple of weeks and I’m looking for options for new nutes. Was looking at Fox Farm nutes.

I’m sure I’ll have more questions as always and thanks for putting up with me.

Always work your lights from canopy, and that fixture is plenty for a 4x4 even at 80% or so.

If you were looking for most bang for your buck with nutrients I would go with Jack’s 321.

2 Likes

I’m only growing 4 plants at a time just want them to have as much light as possible and keep my QC in check to stay consistent.

Proper lighting isn’t really determined by plant count, you want total amount of radiometric flux over area. In your case a 4x4 pretty much has same lighting requirements whether you have 1 large plant or 9 small plants.

3 Likes

Thanks for the valuable info.

1 Like

So to say I’m sold on HLG is an understatement!! Thanks for the direction to go in and this 600Rspec has me at a loss for words! With that I’m buying the QB 132 for the veg side tonight and want to make sure I get the righ Kelvin rating and driver. Do they need heat sinks as well? I was thinking of the 3500 for veg only and C1750 HLG driver. Let me know and I’ll order them as soon as I see your response. Thanks again so much I’m speechless!

2 Likes

For 4 132 boards you want hlg-240h-c1750 driver. 4000k is probably most common for veg, but the 3500k would work.

Duh, I don’t know why I was thinking 3500 when I read 4 was for veg only. Thank you again so much man I can’t thank you enough but I could send a care pkg lol

1 Like

No heat sinks are needed for that right?

Do you still lean more on the 120s or am I good to go 132?

I’m good, but appreciate the offer.

Something you may want to do is compare stock and pricing to qb 120’s as well. They are nearly same board, just require different driver.

You have not steered me wrong so far so just tell me what to buy and I’ll get it ordered.

1 Like

Either way. I was just stating that they were similar, so if one was cheaper or not available in cct you were looking for.

Neither QB 120 or qb 132 need heatsinks.

1 Like