Here I grow again on my own! SS fem #2

@TDubWilly gonna check out the grow now and looking forward to your November grow…

2 Likes

Has anyone ever heard of a 24hr dark period before starting your 12/12 cycle? Is this beneficial in any way? Just read it in another article.

Wouldn’t it confuse your plant? I mean, when your light comes back on, it will be seeing light six hours earlier than what it was seeing during veg. If you gave it 30hrs of dark, it would be back on schedule though.

@Drillbit I like your thinking about the 30 hr Mark…

1 Like

I think the dark period on switch probably applies to flipping immature plants more than anything. And probably limited to the effect it had there. I didn’t really notice anything different going from clones anyway. Would also assume the 6 hours between 24 and 30 hours makes little to no difference. When flipping to flower your light schedule is going to be 6 hours different anyway. Up to you to decide when you want your dark cycle to be.

4 Likes

Here is my plant with the stretchy scrog completely unhooked from the side of the tent and standing on its own, a hydro bucket would be tough to move but if i was in soil i could take the plant out right now, work on it, then put it back in and strap the scrog back to the poles

9 Likes

Yes, the grow I posted above consists of 5 plants in 2 gal cloth bags, a poor man’s SCROG so to speak. It is so easy to pop out a bag and work on the the plant. Next time will use 3 gal and maybe only 2 plants. Hard to think of hefting 5 gal around…
But would like to try some kind of hydro, always liked the idea of aeroponics.

1 Like

Ok, gonna flip to 12/12 @ 9am tomorrow.

10 Likes

That’s rad! It looks like you’re using the nets more as support than to actually increasing the surface area usage? She seems pretty much full and pretty flat canopy. Also, why the second net further up? That’s for support I assume?

1 Like

Second net is for support for sure. I like watching scrogs because everyone does them so differently. Some people train them horizontally while others seem to just let them grow through the screen. I can usually tell by the amount of tops if they grew horizontally or if they just put a screen above the plant.

1 Like

Yeah, I think when people just let the plant grow through the net, it’s more for support than increasing the use of available surface area.

So if you’re using a net for support, you’re not technically using the “ScroG” (Screen of Green) method, you’re just purposing a net as additional support for your large buds which is also a very valid thing to do, but it’s not ScroG.

My screen stays in place, and I grow up through it; and then horizontally adjust the growt to maximize the space. The net doesn’t support as much as lay the framework for spreading the branches out; while giving me something to anchor branches and allow side growth.

How is this not a SCROG!?

9 Likes

How many plants do you have under that net? I understand that you can use the net to LST a bit and pull the side branches out a little. But to me, if you have a high number of plants under a net, you’re not doing a “ScroG” you’re doing a supported “SoG” (Sea of Green).

1 Like

That’s 1 plant

5 Likes

If that’s 1 plant, then yes, it’s a ScroG and you kept tucking the branches into the next square as they grow long enough to “Catch” into the next square further away from the pot.

We are talking about some folks that put a net down and just let the plant go straight up through it. You clearly don’t fit in that category.

That’s the look I’m hoping to get in my grow! @Budbrother

That is making more sense to me now. I agree with you then.

2 Likes

You and me both man. That’s one sweet looking ScroG @Budbrother!

1 Like

I think some people just throw a net into the mix and call it a Scrog. They just haven’t learned how to work one yet.

Btw, :+1:t3: Thanks brothers :blush:

2 Likes

@Budbrother, absolutely, I’m a noob myself and on my first grow. I started with mainline as experimentation then chose to put a net on top and try to fill up the canopy even more.

Next time I chose to do ScroG I won’t be wasting precious veg time on mainlining. I’ll tell you that. So definitely, learning is exactly that, learning.

Someone isn’t bad or dump for not knowing yet, they are learning. I’m still learning and so are the more advanced growers. No matter how much you know, there’s still a lot you don’t know.

1 Like