Help! what did I do and how do I fix it 😩

I changed my lights this weekend from 2 gixxers to a Mars hydro grow you can see them on this topic below.

Thought I bought Auto’s…I didn’t :woman_facepalming:t3:

Trouble in seedling town…Help

I think my light was too hot, I turned down to 25%, then up to 50% and this is what I came home to…

This is my very first grow and any advise for this worried plant :potted_plant: :potted_plant::potted_plant: momma would be much appreciated. :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

How many watts is your light, what is the distance to top of plants? What’s your room temp in day? Do you have sufficient airflow to the light?

2 Likes

@GulfCoastGurilla 1000w Mars hydrogrow and it was 18in away but I pulled it up to 26in late this afternoon. The temp in there was 82°F midday. I have a small fan and I thought that the fan wasn’t doing enough so I turned on the incline fan to bring the temp down and pull some more air in.

1 Like

My mistake on the wattage. Here is the light I’m using.

Soil or coco?

What’s your numbers, that’s not light burn pretty positive. Light burn turns your leaves white and then Crispy

Is your water sitting out for 24hr prior to feeding it? So the chlorine is out of it as this chlorine can cause issues similar to this.

It almost looks like a boron deficiency, I’ve never seen that before…
@dbrn32 thoughts?

1 Like

Definitely not light burn, you would notice that on your canopy too 1st. Appears to be a nutrient Deficiency possibly Magnesium?? Have you checked your run off values? 1st stage of magnesium deficiency, closest pic I could find that resembles your leaf issue. Could be that a PH fluctuations :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I’m kinda with @Nicky on this one. Light burn is usually all the tips of the plants first. Looks super close to what u have but like stated usually turns yellowish white not brown. Maybe something is off with nutes and the LEDs are causing an issue with what was mixed up prior to switching lights. Best I’d say is water only for a few times and see what she brings to the tent

2 Likes

I just assumed light burn because I just changed it. When I get home from work tonight, I will check runoff. (I hadn’t checked yet). I just watered on Saturday with a new water. I have been using distilled ph’d to 6-7 ( now that I’m typing this, I believe I just cracked a new jug and dumped it on them :woman_facepalming:t3: - how could I forget to ph my water. It’s one of the most important steps… I could kick myself :angry: I didn’t put it together that it may have something to do with my water, or needing something else. Thank you!! I have a starting point. I will let y’all know what I find out :crossed_fingers:t2: :orange_heart: and I most definitely will be back for a little guidance and support. I’m definitely bummed right now :disappointed:.

3 Likes

Following :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Wanted to give you this morning pic.

From comparing photos from mine to google picture search ( thank goodness for that magnificent creation)
I think I def. have a deficiency of calcium and maybe something else. They grew so fast on me in such a short span of time. Would make sense. I’ll leave these girls here thoughts on what my next steps should be. Thank you all so much. I appreciate the time you take to read and post to help so very much​:orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart:

1 Like

Light burn would be at the top of the plant. It resembles phosphorus def… But the curling is associated with burn. I’ve never heard of a phosphorous burn. But if I had to guess that’s what it would look like. Gonna do some checking. Will edit if I find anything. (That’s why I end up editing my posts so much, checking my records and trusted research to make sure I’m not wrong)

Hah. Found it on the first source. The ILGM guides… it’s boron. 100%. First time I’ve seen it though.

So most likely it’s a pH issue. Whats your intake pH? If that has been maintained check run off.

3 Likes

These have been handy for making me feel less stressed out lol thought I would pass them on I’m doing my first grow too. Happy Growing!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, my first thoughts looking at the picture personally if it was my plant I would add some cal-mag on water day and also check your run off for PH range . Good luck

3 Likes

I would get the in/out data comparison and go from there. I’m at work and just quickly scanned topic, did you mention what you’re growing in and using for nutrients?

Reason I ask is because I seen multiple posts about boron deficiency, and that’s not very common. Off top of my head nitrogen, potassium, and calcium toxicity could all lock boron out. At this point I’m not sure that is your issue, or if this is even boron related. But the more info you provide the easier will be to draw some hopefully accurate conclusions.

5 Likes

I believe you had a pH issue causing all sorts of deficiencies. The new growth looks good so you may have corrected the issue. Defoliate the chlorotic/necrotic leaves and fly it and watch it. Ensure water is dechlorinated and pH’ed. I recommend adding cal mag + to water.

1 Like

Another thing to consider:

Using distilled water is like growing in coir. There is zero total dissolved solids (TDS) in distilled water just like there is zero nutrition in coir.

That means no Boron, Manganese, Molybdenum, Copper, Zinc, Chloride, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Sulfur, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, or Potassium in distilled water or even low TDS RO water for that matter. You have to provide every primary, secondary, and micronutrient. Get it wrong and the plant will suffer.

If you use dechlorinated tap water (pH’ed) you don’t have to concern yourself with all the trace micronutrients because they’re most likely in your tap water. A water report from your municipality or a water test report from a lab can confirm this.

Sure, you still add Cal-Mag + and Primary nutrients to supplement what’s in the water but the micros most likely come pro bono with tap.

5 Likes

Hello and first off, thank you for the support!!! I hope to repay the favor some day :blush: :yellow_heart: Here is all of the information regarding my girls. Including soil, pH levels, and what we’ve done.

Soil is a mix of OF & NLS. Bottom 2/3rds is 1lb of NLS with OF, top is OF with better homes and garden organic soil.

Compost tea is 3 heaping TBS of NLS and 1 TBS of unsulfured black molasses mixed in distilled water at a ph of 6.49.

Today I did a flush with 1 gallon of distilled water “cal-mag” (5ml) and “My Weed Minerals” (10ml) pH’d at between 6.5-7 per plant.

My run off after flushing was pretty low.

Jenny-5.87
Snook-5.71
Deena-5.36

Should I be worried about that? I’m not 100% where to go from here.

1 Like

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing this information with me :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Ahhh, this makes sense. I was hesitant to do this because my city water tastes like metal to me and I don’t drink it, so I thought my girls shouldn’t either. Thank you :blush:

One other thing about distilled water. It is deionized and a TDS / PPM of nearly zero. This makes it impossible to get an accurate pH because it has none. It will take the pH of what ever you put it in.
That is why you use distilled water to do a soil slurry test. Distilled or RO water is often used to allow for more nutrients to be used. If the ppm of your water is 400 and you want nute mix of 1000 you can only make up the difference.

6 Likes