Help! New Grower and I think they are dead. :-(

Growing for the first time. I had three plants (Northern Lights) in a closet with controlled termperature and humidity. I have been watering them water between 6-6.5 ph. My plants were on week 5 of flowering. Looking great! I awoke a week ago with one plant looking dead. I thought it must have not agreed with the nutrients added to water: Big Bud, Iquana bloom, SNS 209, and fish sh!t. Down to two plants. Stopped all nutrients on last watering of plants. Awoke yesterday to two very dead looking plants…what happened? I have attached a picture of a nice bud days before this happened. Two other pictures is what I have now.

1 Like

First of all welcome to the forum. Great bunch here and very knowledgeable you will love it here. That’s a small looking pot for a plant that size. I suspect your soil is bone dry, how much do you water

I water every two days. The pot is a 5 gallon pot.

1 Like

Thanks for welcome!

1 Like

It also has a hay smell to it now…

Is that green stuff on the stalk string? How tight is it? It’s blurry I can’t tell what function ita serving…

1 Like

Its gardening wire. It to hold the heavier branches. I failed to get my netting in earlier…

1 Like

Not very tight at all. The first plant that died did not have the bamboo stalks or the wire.

2 Likes

Any chance it’s choking the plant and cutting off circulation so to speak?

1 Like

Not sure we’re talking about the same spot. This down here, is holding up branches?

2 Likes

Is your pot really light. Hay smell is generally when it has dried right out. I think it has dried out

Wish I could give you better news but it has happened to me. The wilt you describe can be caused by fungal diseases (Fusarium, for instance) or bacteria, such as Erwinia. Either of these diseases can cause rapid wilt and sudden death of the entire plant. A bacterial root rot is distinguished from fungal diseases by blackened roots and stems. There is often no cure for bacterial wilts.

Looks severely under-watered. How much water do you give them when watering?

I’d give it a full drench with PH balanced water, wait a few hours and see if they perk up.

They drink a lot more water when flowering.

It was very loose. I took it off and the stem is nice and green. It looks as if the plant was sprayed with roundup…which it was not. Should I try to dry out?

How can I tell that its fungus? The stem of the plant is nice and green at the bottom. The rest just looks dead. Can it be salvaged?

But, why would it just dry out overnight? It has been watered every 2 days. 5 gallon pot and I water about 8 cups each time.

1 Like

I water 5 gallon pot with about 7-8 cups of water every two days. I stick my finger in the soil, if dry, then watered. I gave them a PH balanced watering with no additives two nights before I discovered them like this. I was starting to flush them.

I’m not sure buddy. Looks severely under watered. But you say your watering regularly so I thought maybe the water can’t get up the plant because of the tie.

1 Like

She just looks dry to me mate. Can’t hurt to give her a right good drink to see if she picks up any. I give mine a litre every night and it runs right through so twice a week I give them a good drink

1 Like

Yes, I had that gardening wire around it to support. It was wrapped very lightly around and had wiggle room. Thanks for help! It does look like it is underwatered…

2 Likes