Help! New Grower and I think they are dead. :-(

I had a plant that I ignored in a one gallon for a long time. When I tried to pour water in it it didn’t penetrate at all. Finally I closed the drain and watered it. Then let it sit in the water, submerged like a 1/4 way up the pot for a good five - ten minutes. You might try something like that to make SURE your getting all that dirt moist.

2 Likes

8 cups of water isn’t enough. It’s only 2 litres (0.5gal). I feed mine at least 4 litres and they use that up within 2-3 days while flowering and mine are only 3 Gallon fabric pots.

Drench her, until every bit of dirt is wet in that pot.

3 Likes

What @dex2020 said no where near enough water for that size pot I run 5 gallons and water them about 2 gallons of nuts mix then 2-3 days later replete with reg water rinse and repeat soak the pot and she should bounce back another thing did the temps get extremely low from a power outage or maybe heater went out?

2 Likes

I watered until the tray under the pots were full. Is that not enough? Getting ready to start another grow.

Hmm yeah that should be plenty do you have a smart temp/humidity gauge that records the temps I had one look like this becasue my power went out and it got to like 40 in the tent but they bounced back

I water every 2-3 days in a 7 gallon pot and I put two gallons of water and shes not even flowering yet

Is that a heater in your garden? Having dry heated air blow on your plants will dehydrate them quickly. Maybe put it on the outside of the garden and not blowing directly on the plants.

1 Like

You will know by how quickly she soaks that water back up. If it’s gone within minutes then water again. If it just sits there and is still there after half an hour then take it away. I have a big syringe that I use to take away excess water.

1 Like

I think that might have been a issue. I would water and if there was extra, I would let it sit in the tray the pot was in. I believe that was a mistake. I am just wondering if the plant is still useful? Do I just dry it out and try it?

1 Like

You know I though about that…the night before this happened the temperture here went to zero outside. The temp in the grow room dipped to low 60s. I thought they would bounce back, no go…

1 Like

Dang bud sorry to hear that never easy loosing some babies :cry:

1 Like

One of my earlier grows the temperature dipped to 60 on a regular basis, sometimes lower (I didn’t know any better) but they didn’t die though. Possibility it has had a chill though :thinking:

I am trying to dry it out. It is so crumbly in my hands…is that what it is suppose to be?

1 Like

Your humidity needs to be around the 62%. Too dry will give you hay :sunglasses: