HELP - Leaf issues - Little Dwarf - Autoflower age 1 month

Thanks again :+1:

1 Like

Come back after feed tomorrow with results :sunglasses::facepunch:t2:

That’s indeed a little low. For coco around 5.8 is is usually pretty good, as noted above.

2 Likes

@Cbatchaos

:sunglasses::facepunch:t2: COCO Guide Here :arrow_left:

1 Like

Nice one.
Should I limit the amount of water with the feed tomorrow, due to flooding him today?

He’s half and half, Coco and peat.

Depending what your PH was at your last flushing …?

Make up 5L and full strenth feed (with PH depending on above result) . Add all 5L and check PH runoff .

Then leave her until she dries out

1 Like

Pretty much same ph applies.

1 Like

To me it looks like a humidity issue. The clue is it happened IMMEDIATELY after adding a fan

Both heat and humidity can do this - in fact I lost one grow because I didn’t realize the outflow I was venting from the space I was using was getting sucked right back in the bottom -so it never managed to cool down very well.

But as heat goes up, humidity needs to increase. Anything above 70 f. or 20 C is going to require 50% to 55% of humidity, otherwise the leaves begin to dry and look patchy.

Another clue is the points of the leaves especially looking dry, bugs don’t do that they attack the centers of leaves not the edges.

Humidity is completely different than soil moisture. Soil moisture can go up and down and as somebody already said - it is a good idea to water really well and then let it dry out quite a bit (but not BONE dry!). I mist my plants when they are in the veg stage with a pump sprayer filled with plain water to keep the leaves as green and happy as possible, think about a grocery stores fruit and vegetable display and the misting sprayers that come on every few minutes to keep everything fresh! This is also very important when setting up a cutting to root. I began using a 1 quart/1 liter small sprayer but now I use a gallon and a half yard sprayer that was inexpensive (I think it was nine or ten US dollars) because I can fill it up once and mist all of my plants for two or three days in a row.

You didn’t say what kind of a fan you added so you may not even have an exhaust fan set up to remove excess heat from your lights. You can go to any hardware or construction materials store like Home Depot or Lowes and find ventilation fans that are built to last for years but are very reasonably priced - there is no need to get a super high tech one from amazon or wherever. A ten dollar attic vent fan and duct fittings, flexible ducting, you can find all of that at any home improvement store. You won’t have any shipping and handling charges or delays in shipping either!

The very top round vents in a grow tent are where hot air should be drawn out, and the lowest vents down near the floor are where you want air coming in, you don’t even have to have the exhaust fan inside the tent since flexible ducting is cheap and can be run to anywhere convenient.

But you will also have to think about humidity, and most growers will get either some sort of cool mist humidifier for a small tent or dump some cash into a larger humidifier made to humidify an entire house for some of the bigger grow tents

For controlling your exhaust fan, I highly recommend this:
https://smile.amazon.com/Inkbird-Max-1200W-Temperature-Controller-Greenhouse/dp/B01HXM5UAC/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_3905707922?_encoding=UTF8&hvadid=198101685250&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9013481&hvnetw=g&hvpone=&hvpos=1o1&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvrand=13791204334140165353&hvtargid=pla-318107594620&ie=UTF8&linkCode=df0&psc=1&tag=hyprod-20

And to control a humidifier of whatever kind use this:
https://smile.amazon.com/Inkbird-Digital-Pre-wired-Humidity-Controller/dp/B01FQKXRXA/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=KTIWWHW2KEGL&keywords=inkbird+humidity+controller&qid=1553898820&s=gateway&sprefix=humidity+controller%2Cundefined%2C172&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Those are what I use, but for now you can handle the on and off business manually so long as you don’t forget.

What I use to control my lights themselves is one of these:
https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=outlet+timers+programmable+indoor&crid=2BOTIQ03GV6W3&sprefix=outlet+timer%2Caps%2C177&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_12

As you can see, they come in all types and price ranges, the one I settled on for my tent is this one:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CR0JSVI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It matches the Inkbird units pretty nicely so they look like I planned the whole thing :roll_eyes:

But yes - getting excess heat out of the tent while maintaining proper humidity turned out to be one of the single biggest changes in the size and health of my plants since I began all of this a few years ago

~FF

All of this didn’t happen right away, and there is another entire tent I want to get and set up for starting plants. What you see here is the main 96 x 48 x 80 inch tent that will be for flowering plants, I plan on a 48 x 48 x 80 tent for veg stage plants

~So don’t get discouraged and say: "Yeah, right! Like I can afford that right now…"

I thought the same once

1 Like

Blimey, thanks for the advice, really appreciated.
:+1:t3::+1:t3:

First things first though get your PH correct. Then work on getting your growing environment tweaked to where you can control it. It takes a bit but thats the art of growing and to me that’s where the true passion lies… with me anyways.

1 Like

You’re right, basics are paramount.
His PH Yesterday at final run off was 5.8 after around 45 liters.
Now, he’s drooping heavily, should I run nutes 5l through at 6.5?

Okay, so I ran the nutes through at PH 6
The run off was 6.2, he’s looking very sorry for himself.

All changes have a reaction time - for a plant it’s like getting past a hangover, M8.

But you really need to look at the humidity as I said. I had plants just like that at first, and couldn’t figure what was wrong…

I thought it was bad soil, and all kinds of things. Here is a chart for you that was also posted by someone on here that will be an eye opener I truly believe:

Now, as you view that and perhaps convert to “C.” you’ll find the humidity levels that the plants MUST HAVE at different temperatures - and it is directly related to the temps

Otherwise the leaves dry out just like you are seeing

1 Like

And once again - it has nothing to do with how much water content is in the DIRT itself

The plant needs that IN THE AIR

1 Like

Speaking for meself, once I did that I was amazed at the difference

You HAVE A TENT - so you can DO IT

Small spaces like tents are easy to manage, and that is WHY we use them

1 Like

Ok now its time to pick up the humidity by spraying with a good foliar feed.

Can you get your hands on some worm tea? This will your plant by giving it direct access to nitrogen

1 Like

Temp is good! But you want your humidity in vegetation to be at 65-75%

45-50% is good for flower :+1:

1 Like

Thanks both, you’re superstars.
I’ll get some worm spray ASAP.

Incidentally, has anyone used this:
AO Organic Plant Grow https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00J3VGXKS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ar8NCbSDQNR01

1 Like