HELP - Leaf issues - Little Dwarf - Autoflower age 1 month

You’re welcome and I havent no

@Cbatchaos

Give this a go :sunglasses::facepunch:t2:

Humidity And Marijuana Plants :arrow_left:

He could try some insecticidal soap or buy some lacewings fron a legit predator insect company.

the buglady Suzanne wainright (sp?) Evans has excellent bugs. And; she just did a lecture on lacewings for me the last day of the conference. Got to see some hatching. Cool bugs! She has a sotre online.

OK. Whatever you have done has caused a major deficiency in your plant. Instead of guessing; I need you to copy/paste a support ticket here and fill it out. ST is located pinned at top of beginner page.

I went through and didn’t seem to find what nutrients and ppm you are running. your PH is fine, and I do not believe it is a humidity problem.

I should choose to simply raise the humidity right now by regular misting with a pump sprayer as an emergency measure with nothing more complicated than plain old water out of the the tap or faucet until better means are affordable or can be delivered

Don’t you think?

The plants need help right away

A pump sprayer from any hardware house can do that

26C is a very high temperature by the way, if I read that right

It may be excess heat doing it, you cannot compensate that with humidity or anything else

His PH was 5.2 & he has ordered a PPM meter. And his humidity is 50%. Although not an “issue” I would consider raising it for veg.

@Cbatchaos your PH at 5.2 was an issue so raising it was needed :sunglasses::facepunch:t2:

Are you growing in a desert?

26C is round about 80f if I am correct, so it isn’t too bad. I’d roll it back to 20 to 22 C if you can

I think Green Coat is on about the PH

close to 6.0 is good

At risk of seeming “metaphysic” - any plant is good and deserves a chance. It has survived so far, and for all we know may turn out to be wonderful.

But for now it is what you have GOT, isn’t it?
I have seen worse

By the way - good job so far! You’re in the right place
We will sort this out together

2 Likes

Always understand though that with plants as well as personal health - there is no such thing as a “MAGIC BULLET” that works straightaway, time is needed in order to see the effect

So long as you go in the proper direction improvements will gradually come into play

What I have found is that creating the ideal environment for the plant is all that is needed

~But learning how to make that, to produce it, that is the trick

I’ve been using The BioGrow nutrients.
BioGrow, Bio bloom, TopMax
At the standard measurements for a 6 week plant.
He has some pistils showing.

I’ve been setting the PH to 6.2-5
Then I read that it should be higher, to 6.8
Then someone else suggests between 5.2-6.2

Its very confusing, it almost seems like the information is contradictory, but I’m sure it’s the way I’m interpreting it.

The ppm when I fed him yesterday, was 700ppm, but the water started at 350

His light feels very bright, the HIPARGERO 450.

I’m unsure of what hes doing, as he’s starting to flower but also just vegetation, but he’s 6 weeks old.

It looks like he’s going to be toast now.

Perhaps opening up his root ball to see if he’s rotten or something, then put him in a fabric pot?

Thanks so much to all of you, trying to help, much appreciated.

If I could find an a-z of what to do, that would be great, but it’s a very adaptable process I get that.

1 Like

His leaves feel very dry, even though he’s most likely overwaterered, due to the recent flush and nutrient water, and has high humidity. So it doesn’t add up

What is VPD?

So, I’ve repotted him into a fabric bag.

I gently removed him from the pot, being careful not to break any roots, there was a lot of compacted soggy earth around his roots, I don’t think he could breathe.

He’s now in a new mix of, vermiculite, perlite, peat compost and sand.

Much airier. Hopefully he’ll recover.

Arghhhhhh :smile:

I’m not sure if he’s in vegetation or early flower(due to the pistils)

I’m trying to get the temp to about 24c and humidity to 70%

Thanks again to all of you, you’re wonderful.

3 Likes

Good move!

The soggy root area may have been a contributor - fabric pots have the advantage of being able to maintain a much better “wetness” consistency, but a well drained container of any kind also works

TOO MUCH water can also produce the same kinds of trouble as not enough. That is why I use a moisture meter, not just my hands and eyes. And drainage is very critical

You know what? As I think on it since I have been looking for an ideal bottom pan in case of run out (the ones I have were leftover kids bowl sleds on sale at a discount, and are space wasters) it seems to me that having not only a drip pan under a container, be it a five gallon bucket, the laundry tubs that I prefer to use for more root space, or a water heater tub - an idea has come to me that having some sand in it to sort of PULL leftover water out the bottom of the container might be better than having the container sit in standing water. Pea gravel might also be a good thing for the drip tray, anything that lifts the bottom of the container out of a standing puddle of drained water.

What you said about the BOTTOM being soggy rang loud bells in my mind!

The main tap root of the plant is always a concern, it burrows the deepest, and is a determining factor in the total height of the plant. If IT is “drowning” it seems to me it will slow or stop the full growth of the main stem of the plant, making it unhealthy from that point up…

So it may not be the top of the media in the container that needs watching the most, perhaps we should be thinking of it also (in a sense) ‘upside down’ in terms of soil moisture content.

I wonder what I could find if I drilled a quarter inch hole near the bottoms of all my containers so that I could insert the moisture probe into the bottom and get a reading there?

1 Like

@FrikkinFrank @dbrn32 @GreenCoat

Hi,

So Boris is still alive.

He’s starting to flower, finally :man_facepalming:

But, sone of the leaves are starting to bend in peculiar ways, does this look familiar to any of you?

Many thanks for your help.

The heatdamage/yellowing, should have been halted as he was in a smaller tent closer to the light, but he’s about 90cm from theight now.

1 Like

Maybe a little nitrogen toxicity. Have you been tracking your ph and ppm?

2 Likes

That is a very small grow container - and I would think it root-bound for one thing

In judging root space, I always consider the diameter and height of the eventual plant. Regardless of what else we can do the amount of space for the roots should be considered, and Marijuana is a large plant (at least we hope so) so that what we see above ground is a reflection of what is underneath

That is why I rejected the notion of a five gallon container for the soil of my own plants, and I use something closer to a ten gallon laundry tub.

Mister MYAGI said it truly: “If plant have strong root - it do well!”

It is truer than you think…

A plant growing outdoors can sink it’s roots for over a meter (yard) in all directions

1 Like

It is necessary to think of BOTH HALVES of the plant.

That which is above the ground, and that which exists beneath

If one has no room - it will directly reflect on the other

It cannot draw enough food, water, and oxygen from such a tiny bucket

1 Like