Help first time grow autoflower!

Looking good bong, You should be able to ride through. 80 to 84° Without any problems. Wherever you pull in your fresh air from Would need to be cooler To get Temperature down in the tent.

4 Likes

Cool cheers mate, I need to put my outtake ducting somewhere as its in same room as the intake, so outside of the tent is pretty warm, but I don’t have many options :sob: it’s a shed connected to the house so could put the ducting through the roof but not sure if it will go into next door too like the smell, I bent the bottom half of the door well the condensation did so put the intake close as I can to the door but not doing much and it’s been like 5’c here

2 Likes

If possible To put exhaust outside would be a help. Exhaust in the same room with intake air. Reminds me of a dog chasing its tail around. :+1::blush:

4 Likes

Your RH should be ok. Mine is usually around there and so far so good :sunglasses:. Smell is a big worry for me as well. Instead of venting the tent you could try venting the room. Just a thought, I had a disaster tonight, my entire area around the house was reeking of weed so I poured essential oils into my exhaust ducting and slipped a gel air freshener in there as well. Worked a treat :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi all hope everyone’s well, give them a little flush today too about 700ppm the water here is about 330ppm, then planning on watering again in a couple of days to see what the run of says as my pH meter been playing up so ordered another poo one till I get a decent one , than going to
hit them with a last feed think about 1800ppm and hopefully just water till finish :crossed_fingers: also did abit of defoilating and took the long stemed, fan leafs of but here she is 3 weeks into flower, also guys with the hps on my ballast I have a 600w setting and a super 600w setting or something when would you switch it to that thanks @kellydans @Oldguy @Eagles009 @Davyg @Covertgrower

7 Likes

@Bongtoker
I wouldn’t use the super setting. Shortens the life of your bulb by overdriving it.
You might use it if it was a final grow on a used bulb and you were trying to squeak one more grow out of it but normally it’s not needed.

:v::pray:

4 Likes

Cool cheers bud how many grows, do you get out your bulbs?

2 Likes

I’m with @Oldguy on this one. I set a second hand digital ballast to 600 boost on a used bulb. Went into my tent one night and the place was in darkness, ballast had failed. I have no idea how old the ballast was and I’ve no idea if the boost setting caused it to fail but it is the only ballast to fail out of 4 that I currently have. It had been on boost for about 4 maybe 5 months. I like to keep a spare and one came with the hood.

1 Like

@Bongtoker

My first 1000 w bulb that came with the kit I got 3 out of but I could tell it wasn’t as brite on the third grow. ( Cheap bulb ).

I replaced it with a hortilux and both my 600’s have them as well. I should get 4 grows I would think from them without too much loss of output.
Btw. 1000 w … $125 can and 140$ ea for the 600’s.

:v::pray:

2 Likes

Cool okay docky I’ll check them out as I only have the cheap omega one what came with the kit, ph tds pen came today, how do you calibrate the tds pen? The pH one came with solution but the tds one hasn’t :thinking:

1 Like

Hi all gone to go feed them today, one of them still pretty moist, both look okay in there self’s though , reckon she’s starting to slow down maybe at 3 weeks in? And the other one was dry so I just give it like a litre of water hoping other one has dried out for tomorrow to do them both together :thinking:

@Oldguy @kellydans @Davyg Well she’s starting to show some
deficiencys so next feed going to hit with about 2000ppm and she how far she goes with it and some of the hairs are starting to change colour too

4 Likes

Nice big plants ! Take care of the girls get em to the Finish Line healthy.

2 Likes

Cheers @kellydans but got ph problem it’s like 8.3 :roll_eyes: Iv got a new pen now it seems pretty decent i give them a fair bit of water yesterday so I’m hoping it’s gone down :crossed_fingers: see what tomorrow brings

3 Likes

Those look the business mate, 8.3 ph is bonkers. Any idea why it has went that way. Mine always go acidic :thinking:. My ec is around 2.2 which is 1100-1200 ppm so tread carefully with such a high count

3 Likes

Yeah if I have pH out of range it is usually on the low acidic side.

3 Likes

Put your new PH pen in a clean bottle of 7 PH solution just to verify it reads straight up 7 pH . Before you make any adjustments to correct the high pH

4 Likes

I think what it was, I flushed them because ph was out, trying to correct it but with a knackered ph pen, I did put new battery’s and calibrated it but yeah just didn’t seem right, but Iv got a new one and Iv put it in solution. What would you guys do flush it with feed?

3 Likes

If you follow through with a flush I would go with pH water. About 6 PH. :+1::v:

3 Likes

Cheers I’ll do it tomorrow if they’re dried out, cause they need feeding can I give them so much PhD water than PhD water with feed if that makes sense :thinking: or would you flush it with feed from the start with pH of 6?

4 Likes