Hellraiser grows Zkittlez and Banana Kush in coco with Jacks 321

@Hellraiser Hey! Im going to be leaving for vacation right after I harvest. I’ll be leaving in the middle of the second week of burping. Will grove bags save me here, since I wont be able to burp them while im gone?

6 Likes

So far its been 2 weeks of not opening my bags and no issues. Still smelling funky as hell and a nice rh still. I waited 2 weeks to open 1 to see if it gets mold or funky smells and nothing bad so far. I believe ull b good as long as u keep it in a cool place

3 Likes

Yep, no burping needed in grove bags as long as they are at the correct RH (58-62RH) and properly sealed.

6 Likes

Where you headed? Egypt?

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 Yes sir. Heading down there on the 18th of July that’s why my plants are coming down a little earlier than I like but that’s still fine, I just like more amber on my bud than normal haha.

I’ll be down there for a month. If you need anything message me.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser Thanks boss. I might have to buy some then, that would be my best bet. Cant trust someone to do it for me properly.

I’m excited to check the difference before leaving and coming. The terpenes should be bumping when I’m back

4 Likes

@Hellraiser I forgot to ask what size do you recommend? I’m growing 4 plants in a 3x3 but no where near your yield I cant imagine.

2 Likes

I would recommend at least 4x 1/4 lb bags (one for each plant) and maybe a dozen 1 oz bags for any overflow.

On my recent Banana Kush harvest, the largest yield was from BK1 with just over 7 oz, I put 4 oz in a 1/4 lb bag and then used 1 oz bags for the rest. Same for the other plants, filled up one 1/4 lb bag and then a couple/few 1 oz bags, except the runt (Bk4) that only yielded a bit over 3 oz.

I had a total of 21.5 ounces and probably smoked a 1/2 oz of early sample buds so I was pretty close to my estimate of 22-23 ounces. Will post a after harvest smoke report soon, maybe tonight so I can close out this journal properly.

10 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Yes the 1/4 lb bags work great once the rh settles in around 62%

4 Likes

On this topic of curing, I’m concerned about my harvest rotting. The humidity in my house is 71%, my buds are still relatively fresh from the initial jar. RH in my jars is between 62 and 68 percent. I don’t want to burp because the surrounding RH is higher than in my jars. Other than get a dehumidifier what are your thoughts? Thank you in advance

2 Likes

High humidity is not something I’ve ever had to deal with, living in the desert. Other than a dehumidifier or AC unit I could see using a desiccant like Damprid in a large tupperware or similar container. Open the jars and place in a sealed container with the damprid for 5 minutes, see how much RH is reduced after 1 treatment and adjust times as necessary. I have used damprid to quick dry sample buds and to dry shrooms with great results. Could also use the little silica packets in the jars to reduce moisture as well. But you do need to burp the jars to let out the gases that build up during the curing process.

https://www.amazon.com/DampRid-FG118RV-Moisture-Absorber-Charcoal/dp/B00CBLW3EW

https://www.amazon.com/Dry-Premium-Packets-Desiccants-Dehumidifier/dp/B00VJ02VMK

5 Likes

Not sure if it’s possible but if you’re able and could do it inconspicuously you could burp the jars outside if the relative humidity is lower than in the house or the jars?

4 Likes

ILGM Banana Kush Grow Report

The Banana Kush was a easy to grow strain, not very finicky about nutes and seemed of good genetics. Of the 4 plants I grew, 2 phenotypes were observed, 3 of them stretched like a sativa in flowering while 1 girl stayed very short like an indica. The 3 tall girls were very similar in taste and high and each was nice and potent. The shorter one had a lighter buzz and was a smoother smoke.

The 3 tall girls really stretched in flowering, easily doubling in height so plan for that happening with this strain.

The buds at the upper and mid levels were very dense, nice and tight. The lowest buds were a bit larfy so try to light up all bud sites or remove that those will not get good light.

I did notice some nanners in very late flowering (a week before harvest) but have not seen a single seed, as there would not have been enough time for any to develop.

Final dry weight was 21.5 ounces, not counting the larfy stuff that I threw out (after crushing up and running over the trim bin to collect their trichs).

The best of the bunch (BK#2) will be kept as a clone mother for future Banana Kush grows. Very good strong weed.

The Banana Kush clones after over 3 months in solo cups, easily kept small and healthy with my bonsai tech, giving me plenty of time to judge the plants and decide on any keepers.

18 Likes

Nice harvest!

2 Likes

ILGM Banana Kush Smoke Report

The banana kush is a nice potent kushy smoke, lets take a look at a dried cola from the best girl, BK#2, has been kept in a 1/4 lb Grove bag for a couple weeks.

I’m gonna pick off a bud to smoke

and grind it up, looks like good weed, nothing too exotic, no fancy colors

and load up a bowl

I fired it up, taste is kinda kushy - a bit gassy like fuel, on the exhale is when you get a slight aftertaste of bananas, very nice.

After taking 3 large hits, I put the bowl down to see how the buzz develops, already feeling a nice soaring sativa kinda high coming on. The smoke is not the smoothest, but very much in line with what I expect from a kushy strain.

After a few minutes, those 3 hits have brought on a very nice sativa dominant “up” kinda high. I’m, going to take 3 more hits and put the pipe down.

After 6 hits, I have a very strong buzz for sure, which says a lot as I have a very high tolerance to THC. This is some strong weed, starts as a soaring sativa type high and develops into a full head and body indica stone as the buzz develops and the more you smoke.

Great stuff, happy I grew it, stronger than the Zkittlez and the Gorilla Glue that I grew. Best thing about this weed is the high, there are far better tasting strains and better looking strains out there so get this one for the high, not the taste or looks.

This grow is over and done, be sure to check out the current grow:

27 Likes

The last time I grew Banana Kush the taste was incredible. The buzz was exactly like you described. I grew it because it has a very high thc content and it’s supposed to be easy to grow, witch it was. I’ve got 3 BKs going right now.

5 Likes

Totally agree. I do like the taste as well, it is unique and will certainly get better with more cure time, just not at the top of my list of best tasting strains like Blue Dream or Cherry Ice Cream.

9 Likes

@Hellraiser , I have 4 BK from ILGM turning day 21 tomorrow. This is my first attempt at growing, and I dropped 3 bag seed at the same time. They all sprouted and seem to be doing great, but I think I need to ditch those other 3 plants and concentrate on the ones I bought-before I have more to do than I am capable of! Thanks for these journals, and the updates. Happy Independence day!

3 Likes

Sounds like your starting your fourth with a bang! party on!

3 Likes