Hellraiser grows Zkittlez and Banana Kush in coco with Jacks 321

congratulations on another awesome grow. so frosty looking. i bet it is amazing.

2 Likes

GREAT looking harvest!! another great thread! thank you for sharing.

I had my first opportunity to visit a grow facility this week. While the sheer number of plants is amazing, there was not ONE plant that had the kinds of buds you are popping out. Very interesting to really see up close the difference between a quantity vs quality approach. This is definitely the place to learn how to do it right.

5 Likes

@Hellraiser hey man are you still using Jack’s 3.6g / 2.4g / 1.2g? I was going off their new measurements on their site.

1 Like

Yep still using the old measurements, maybe should try the new ones they put out - 3.7g/2.5g/1g - is that what you are using?

Yeah that is what I have been using 3.78g / 2.52g/ 0.98g per gallon. But you don’t seem to have issues so I am almost wondering if they have been chasing a “perfect figure” when what they have really been doing is going off of the feedback of growers who are all growing different strains that require different nutrient amounts… Hmm… This is admittedly the only thing I don’t like about Jack’s. There are still some places on their site that recommend the 3.6 formula. Obviously I would think the updated formula is what you should go off of, but it just creates some confusion, especially for me when I have been having my yellowing issues which then makes me think maybe the formula is off all along lol… Things will be easier to figure out for me though on the next grow since it will just be one plant instead of 3 completely different strains.

2 Likes

Yeah not seeing any issues with my plants on the old Jacks recipe (or AN) so not really seeing a reason to change it at this point.

6 Likes

Heard. Think I will switch to the 3.6 formula and see what happens. Your EC around 1.9 with this right? 950ppm? When you add silica, what does it come out to?

2 Likes

With silica and 5 oz of tap water/gal (used as ph up) I’m at 975ppm/1.95 EC.

9 Likes

Roger! Still out of likes, so thanks again!

3 Likes

It’s not a new recipe it’s full strength 100%, 3,2,1 is 80% from my understanding

7 Likes

Amazon has the plant risers and trays. 7 gal fab pots fit perfect on a 16 inch riser and tray just catches any water that makes it past the bags lol. Anything bigger than 7 gal fab pot needs a bigger setup tho or the floor will possibly get wet

1 Like

I kind like this chart so far. Def keeping a copy of this one to try out.

1 Like

If you have a grower’s house locally you can get the pots and risers very cheap way cheaper than Amazon or you could probably even order them and have them delivered cheaper growers house has a lot of very good supplies I know with local pickup , their supplies are very reasonable

@Hellraiser how goes it??? See you got some new ladies going nice…:slight_smile: hey I wanted to ask being I saw u post… Can u put actual mosquito bits in soil or no jus let it steep in water for a Lil???

1 Like

Hey Hellraiser…I just opened up my oxy pot and thought I’d show you. Unscrewed the screws and it rolled right open. One solid and tight root mass of dirt. Whole thing stays together even if you pick it up.

Im never gonna go back to fabric. Hosed this one off and it’s ready to roll. Plus they stack really well on top of each other.

23 Likes

Totally agree with you :+1::100::clap:

7 Likes

I just sprinkle the mosquito bits on top of the soil or coco and water as usual. Steeping can work as well, just washing the BTI from the bits into the water but I don’t mind having the bits on there as it releases some BTI every time you water.

6 Likes

Nice, will have to pick up some oxy pots.

3 Likes

Only thing is I transplanted out of a 1 gallon that had dirt and perlite. You’ll see perlite in the top half of the dirt. The air pot people tell you not to use perlite (I imagine because it has the potential to block the holes and prevent the roots from air pruning). I bought ultra oxy pots instead of the name brand because they were cheaper. Still recommend.

7 Likes

@Hellraiser the store by me has these in the 7.5 gals. If they do like site says im gonna grab half dozen to give a whirl. No autos in them this time but if they work good and clean up good im using for both autos and photos lol. Ill let u know what goes about. Prolly make the run tomorrow

4 Likes