Hellraiser grows Zkittlez and Banana Kush in coco with Jacks 321

Apogee SQ-626 USB quantum sensor was delivered yesterday (a day late - UPS fault).

This is Apogee’s latest and greatest quantum sensor with an extended spectral range of 340 to 1040 nm ± 5 nm. The extended spectral response increases the accuracy of LED measurements and allows measurement of UV and Far Red and beyond that is not measured with previous Apogee quantum sensors (limited to 400-700nm).

Plugged it into my macbook air and checked the μmols on the Zkittlez girls in veg, the tent with 3 girls with Bspec lights were at 380 μmols at the canopy of the tallest plant and the other tent with was at 320 μmols at the top of the zkittlez girl in there. I kicked up the watts a little until I was getting 450 μmols at the canopy in both tents. I’ve seen recommended μmol levels for veg in the 300-600 range, so will try 450 and move up from there if seeing no issues. I want to know what the max μmols are before having problems, will find out.

17 Likes

I’m definitely exited to follow you analysis! Especially the difference the UV readings make. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Got the AC Infinity trimmers today.

Comes with a trimmer cleaner - a rough sponge in a jar that you add alcohol.

I like it so far, feels good in the hand, smooth action, nice spring weight, really need to do a trim session to judge them properly though, will try them on next harvest.

With my old favorite Fisker gray handle trimmers

17 Likes

That sounds very natural phonetically in all honesty and very catchy brand wise if you were into that (that’s not a bad thing either lol)

Really love the stuff you share about producing seeds. I’m not there yet but following along studiously…

4 Likes

Hell yeah raiser! the money your saving on nutes means more toys for the grow!

3 Likes

Would you have just dusted a few buds on the clone or the whole plant?

I’m curious as hell about this stuff.

Back in the day my earliest interest was piqued after getting myself a copy of Sinsemilla. I forget the author but it was like “the” big thing for me. Had a giant seedless plant in full flower on the cover.

This would have been mid 70’s in the Anaheim Santa Ana Laguna Beach area. I often think of the Thai sticks I got regularly in Laguna Beach for 200$ an ounce especially the last one I got for my trip back east for Christmas 1976.

The wait was always a killer but when my guy got back into the car you could smell it right away. I opened the shopping bag and freaked out because it wasn’t sticks…

Turned out to be just giant colas and only 7 seeds in the ounce. I remember the number of seeds but not what I did with them…

It was so good my little brother confessed many years later that he was just able to squeeze his fist through the locked grommet on my duffel bag and would ONLY pinch a little each time. I never knew a thing. Lol

6 Likes

@Hellraiser I think you mentioned this before but I wanted to store my seeds somewhere for the long run. Freezer works fine as long as they’re in a mason jar right?

3 Likes

I just dusted some lower buds with a q-tip dipped in pollen.

5 Likes

Yes - cold, dark, dry, airtight is what you want for long term seed storage, and when you take or add seeds to the jar, do it quickly, don’t let the seeds thaw out and refreeze constantly.

5 Likes

Update on the Zkittlez, still alive and growing and getting bigger. Watering them daily for the past couple days, 1/2 gallon a day of Jacks 321. My bonsai clone mothers got kicked out of their tent so chilling in here with the big girls.

The short one still being short, not much stretch even under the Rspec light.

Short and thick

20 Likes

Had a chance to use the AC Infinity trimmer yesterday while cleaning up the plants and taking some cuttings for cloning, worked great, like the way the feel, very sharp, my new favorite trimmers.

17 Likes

I ordered a couple of pair myself. Think they’re arriving today

7 Likes

Same thing is happening with my Munson, its already week 5 of flowering and she looks like shes in week 2/3 of flowering. Seriously considering chucking here

3 Likes

For details of the Zkittlez cloning, see my cloning journal

4 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna have to put the short one on a box or something when she rejoins the others, planning on starting flowering in a couple weeks.

Then have the big one that is taller than all the others, broke the hurd on her branches in several spots per branch yesterday to try to slow her vertical growth down a bit.

5 Likes

@Hellraiser I just ordered a pair myself

3 Likes

@Hellraiser Elderberry cream soda 13 days from sprout. I will be transplanting when I get home from work today.

8 Likes

Looks like genetics the runt of the family

4 Likes

Thanks for the trimmer update. I found them on Amazon without the cleaning jar…

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-Stainless-Precision-Hydroponics/dp/B08LGC5RZ9/?tag=greenrel-20

7 Likes

Great price as well, just ordered 2 more.

5 Likes