Hellraiser grows Cherry Ice Cream clones, Jacks vs Advanced Nutrients, making feminized seeds

Awesome! That’s basically what I did! I just found the ratio and reduced it to fit less water since I didn’t have many buds on that small plant! And I clipped all the buds off the stems first bc I was checking them for more icky stuff. Then I laid them on paper towels to help get that water off as fast as possible since I couldn’t hang them. I feel some relief knowing I did something that you suggest lol I won’t be growing outside anymore. I’m just not in the right climate :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Only issue is that his seeds are not feminized, granted he gives you 10 seeds but how many would be male. I am curious on how they go, so maybe do a journal and tag us.

5 Likes

@monkman

I did! And will continue to do so. The weather was bad two days before I harvested so I think I just caught it at the right time. I’m lucky I was at the very end of flower or I would have just tossed the whole thing. I washed and dried the bud, I’m still checking every day and will continue to do so until I feel out of the woods. I like having the extra space outdoors when I need it but I don’t think it’s worth the hassle. Thanks for the advice :relaxed:

2 Likes

you’re welcome

1 Like

True. I’m always hesitant to start regs.

I’m going to pop 10 regs and hope for four females. I have sex test kits ready to go to make it easy. I may keep one male to harvest some pollen if they’re as potent as advertised and reviewed.

I may just start a journal for those. I started a journal for some regular seeds a while back, but it was a bust. All males.

10 Likes

@Hellraiser, so the regular Jack’s schedule calls for their 7-15-30 Finish for the last few weeks of flower. I know you said you were going to run straight Jack’s throughout except for the modified formula for transition, but would tweak as necessary.
I was just wondering (since I am following along and now in week 4 of flower on my current grow), if you have any thoughts of what you may use for the balance of this grow? I want to make sure that I am stocked on any nutes or other additives that I may need to finish out.

4 Likes

Not gonna use Finish, only regular Jacks, silica, tribus, fulvic acid and recharge for rest of the grow for the Jacks girls.

The fulvic and recharge will be given once a week, not on same day, usually do recharge on Sundays and will give fulvic on Wednesdays or so.

6 Likes

Is there a con for following Jack’s procedures and using Finish? I have some as well and have just been flushing with water only the 2 weeks before harvest, so just curious.

1 Like

Not so much a con of using it, just that the long term Jacks users don’t use it so I see it as unnecessary.

3 Likes

I thought that was Sublime :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Even better!!! Reg seeds for life :metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2: ftw

11 Likes

Who you using?

1 Like

Rim Rock analytical

Code Growcast for free shipping

4 Likes

He says his turn around is a matter of hours from the time he receives the package.

He can test all kinds of stuff too. Nutrients in your soil to see what you’re light or heavy on. Or if you have heavy metals present. Look for disease… all kinds of stuff.

13 Likes

That’s interesting!

1 Like

I used farmer freeman, didn’t know about that one or compare. I got mine I think the next morning after he received.

2 Likes

@violagirl0 just thought I’d chime in I grew up in Edmond, got stationed at Tinker in 77, lived all the way from Jones to Norman. Grew some badass weed and never had a problem, buying Lbs of Panama redbud for $100, if you wanted Alcupulca Gold it would cost ya $125 good times, then I may have just been to stoned :sunglasses: Moved to Dallas, met Mrs. Cat and moved to Memphis to take care of fam. that was 26 years ago. Can’t wait for Tn. to legalize. Cat

4 Likes

Oh @Cat1 a true man after my heart!! I grew up as a child in the Memphis area in the early 80s. My entire family (dad’s side) was from Memphis. Mom’s family is from Somerville where I was born. Most of my family still lives there. My dad was transferred to OKC for work in the early 90s so I grew up in OKC. Graduated from Putnam city schools in early 2000s. Went to OSU and then moved to dallas. Bought a house in rural Oklahoma a couple for years ago and have been growing there the last year.

4 Likes

Excellent info. I had been adding my humic and my recharge on the same day. i will def split them moving forward. I had never heard about adding the recharge to already wet soil either. actually seems like it may make it easier to apply. all good stuff.

I have some Jack’s finish also, but i have been using that on my flowers outside. they seem to like it just fine so no biggie there. sounds like I may have everything I need to finish this one up.

good stuff

3 Likes

@violagirl0 Small world, mother lives in Chandler, not far from OSU. Grew some “purple pot” in Okla. Had a friend that was from Hawaii. His brother came to visit and brought some “old home grown” for us. I grew a nice little plant that was almost 2’ and put it outside on top of a shed to get some sun. A squirrel or rat found it and ate the top Kola, liked it so much it went back and chewed a 8" section and that fell to the ground, it was so stoned it didn’t go after it but ate all the buds off the remaining stock. All I found was the middle section, bare stock and a empty bag of Oreos. What he left was killer. One hit you were stoned, two hits you were comatose, three hits you went to sleep, :wink:

4 Likes