Hellraiser grows Cherry Ice Cream clones, Jacks vs Advanced Nutrients, making feminized seeds

5 Likes

Before I got too wasted, made some hash in memory of Frenchy.

Still had some Banana Kush kief in one of my trim bins, so scraped that up and put on a piece of non-stick parchment paper.

Then filled up a bottle with hot water

Fold over the paper, put a towel under it, then roll the bottle back and forth over the kief

After a few minutes, check the kief, should now be warm and gooey

Pick that off the paper and roll it into a ball, then use the palms of your hands to roll into a perfect ball,

With a bit of aging, it’ll be awesome freaking hash, Frenchy loved Temple Hash Balls. RIP Frenchy.

54 Likes

I can’t possibly like this post enough. Perfect tribute to an amazing man.

Truly awesome that you had an opportunity to meet him and share some of your stash with him as well…!

I’ll continue to learn from his teachings and plan to give his process for temple balls a go myself as soon as I have enough trim bin kief.

Good vibes to you and all that will miss him in his life and this community.

10 Likes

@Hellraiser thnx for the video share I had only seen his old one and I learned alot from the new one vs the old one.

The girls look good and pretty even.

I can see your thread is quite busy and as always you handing out tons of knowledge, good on you my friend. You are a very experienced and helpful person.

Where can I get this cherry ice cream genetic?

9 Likes

Is it from lit farms?

1 Like

Not to step in out of line, but its his own cross kept going via clones. He is in process of attempting to turn one male to make Fem seeds.

6 Likes

I don’t think your stepping out of line at all I was just looking for information and you provided it.
As many journals here are much to busy for me to constantly watch so that’s why I asked.

Oh and thank you.

12 Likes

Hoping I can use a growler to roll it with. Wife said to do it for you. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Yeah it’s my own strain from what was 2 clone only lines at the time. Lit Farms sells Cherry Dosidos seeds but that’s only half the genetics and may not even be from the same line that my Cherry comes from.

Half of my Cherry genetics started from a bag seed from an oz of Cherry Do Si Dos I bought in Las Vegas (and grew out) when it was a clone only strain, so no telling what genetics are entirely in it or what plant/strain pollinated it if in a multi-strain grow. It’s something I “lucked” into it and then crossed with another clone only Ice Queen that was very special but buds were kinda thin and sparse but had ridiculous trich coverage. Grew out all the seeds from that crossing (using CS) and the best girl from that is what I call Cherry Ice Cream.

12 Likes

That’s what I was using in the pic above - a beer growler as the the booze I’ve been drinking lately have not come in round bottles.

4 Likes

:star_struck:

O.o.

:drooling_face:

1 Like

My dad had a stack of seeds when I first stated growing, so I grew one stack and I didn’t know how to clone at that time… My dad’s almost 80 years old now and when I grew it he smoked it and my girlfriend smoked it and I got a little bit everyone agreed it was crazy sativa stuff. I didn’t know how to clone and the genetic was lost… I had no idea how important some good and sometimes old genetics can be.

He had 2 other stacks of seeds, but they must have not been stored right because I let them soak for a week and out of like 100 seeds I got maybe 5 cracks but those cracks or tiny tails never grew further then I tried to plant them.

I have one last batch but they are much more modern some sort of tropical strain crossed with an AK47, 4th Gen seeds. I haven’t tried to crack them yet.

So I can appreciate good genetics and the but of luck that can go with it but breeding and holding onto mothers is on another level.
It’s always nice to hear of that one strain that blows everything out of the water :bomb:

Edit added a pic

Can tell it was a hybrid still via the leafs but man did it hit hard and totally a sativa feel.

20 Likes

My friend. Best I could do. Getting the good old wood pipe out. Will smoke one for you.

14 Likes

The Cherry Ice Cream is in my top 3 of all weed I’ve ever smoked.

Of the other 2 - one is a Hawaiian strain that a friends’ older brother showed up with in 1982 while I was a senior in high school. Guy shows up with a few pounds of this great weed and wants his brother and me (and my crew) to sell it for him at $300 an oz when all other weed at the time in our area was like $40-60 an oz. It was the best weed I had ever smoked at that point, true one hit weed - great buzz from just one hit off the joint and was the best tasting weed I’ve ever smoked. Wish I had seeds of that but it was completely seedless, we looked thru all the buds (before selling) trying to find one seed but no luck.

The other was what was called Who’s Your Daddy, seeds came from Amsterdam, some great strain that the breeder did not know what pollinated his prize Sweet Tooth plant, grew the seeds out and one of them was super amazing, so potent that on first smoke, me and 2 buddies (all long time smokers) could not even finish the bowl as we were so high, unfortunalely it was before I got into cloning so that weed is just a distant memory. After that is when I got into cloning so I could start saving some of the great unicorns that I run into now and then. Now I clone every plant, not going to miss out on any more unicorns.

25 Likes

Nice hash!

4 Likes

Ahh the memories! Thanks for that share, unicorns haha

Yeah I need a little clone tent to take a cutting from everything just Incase, because you don’t know what you really have until you smoke it.

11 Likes

@monkman awesome, thanks! I trimmed that part off and the ones around it just in case. Then the rest I threw in some peroxide water, then rinsed and dried most of that water off quickly with a fan. Thanks for the response!

3 Likes

your welcome. the most important thing is to catch it early, but also to really do a good inspection to make sure it was only in that one area.

2 Likes

@hellraiser I tried this method about 4 months ago on my outdoor Amnesia Haze, Green Cracks and Bruce Banner and it worked well to remove the WPM.

2 Likes

Just to chime in on the unicorns.

There is a breeder I listened to on a Podcast, TerpFi3nd. He came out with a “blackout truffle” and he swears it’s amazing. He says that’s it’s only for experienced smokers and it will put the most seasoned smoker on their a$$.

The F1’s have come and gone and he’s on his F2’s.

His website is his name. Check it out. I plan on popping them as soon as I get them. Hopefully they’ll be ready in time for Christmas

11 Likes