Having trouble deciding. Decisions, decisions?

Ok while waiting on my outdoor summer grow to wrap up. I only have about three weeks to go in the final stretch. I’m putting together my winter grow tent. I already purchased a couple 3x3 tent since the space I have only allows for it. I’m stuck between lights. Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. I’m stuck between a 260W QB V2 RSPEC LED KIT or a HLG 300L RSPEC. Both seem to be rated to about the same. Like I said having trouble pulling the trigger on which one. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.

1 Like

@dbrn32 Can you outline the differences between the 260 and the 300L? I’d like to know too.

One major difference that mattered for me when comparing the two was warranty. The 300l is covered and fully assembled

1 Like

3 words Horticulture Lighting Group!..i personally dont care about brand because once mainstream its just the same diodes/boards rebranded but since 2016 when stephen johnson merged with NGL they created some of americas leading QB’s and HLG lives up to their name time and time again. THE FUTURE!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Same boards, I think they are shipping with same driver now too, different heatsink, hlg-300 is assembled over the 260 kit needing assembly, hlg-300 has 3 year warranty when I think qb kit components is 1 year, hlg-300 has covers over connecting points on boards that I believe increases listing certification. 260 kit is available in different board spacing configuration which will make it shorter or longer than the hlg-300.

That is pretty much all I know of.

4 Likes

The fit and finish of turnkey, warranty period, and $150. Performance should be the same.

2 Likes

So for a $150 more I get plug & play, a professional puts it together all nice and a longer warranty? @dbrn32 hmm.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading through a bunch of journals the past week or so. And seems like these two lights produce nice dense nugs for the size tent I’m going to have. Seems on average these lights are a of min of 6-8 ounces a plant for the average joe. Of course if you have your game dialed I’m sure you can produce way more per plant. Versus the Chinese or other names at the same price point that seem to average considerably less for the average joe. Anyone have any feedback on that observation that I believe that I’ve made?

1 Like

Also I just noticed the 260w xl kit that’s on sale. It looks that the heat sink is spread a little more longer. To give a better foot print. I may be wrong. Anyone have any advice with two lights. Or should I just go with the 300 rspec. What would be best suited in my 3x3 doing 2-4 photos manifolded and scroged. From it looks like that is the best way to utilize these smaller tents. Just looking to be steered in the right direction.

1 Like

I think both the 260 and the 300 would leave you short on flower footprint. This would result in lower than necessary PPFD at the edges. Both the 260 and 300L have 250w draw power. The foot print of the 300L is designed for 2.5 or 3’ square. If you are looking at two lamps then 300L or the 260 regular heatsink would work wonderfully. the 350R is made for 3x5’ space

260 XL

350R

1 Like

Thanks for the quick feedback. Definitely threw a wrench in my thoughts. I guess time to save a little more money. I originally wasn’t planning on spending more than $350 on a light. But I guess in the long it should pay off. Right? @beardless

1 Like

Either that or I get one 300 to start. And get a second when I’m ready to flower. So I have at least one light if one brakes down until it gets fixed. Sounds like customer service is top notch.

1 Like

The 350r refurbished that they have right now is actually a brand new light. They upgraded parts on old assembled in stock lights. With the dude code on top of that it’s a great deal right now I thought

2 Likes

Yea I just checked that same light with code. It’s not too far out of budget. Looks like I’ll be ordering it tonight.

2 Likes

It’s a super nice light. I am very excited to acquire and assemble the space I’ll be putting it in

1 Like

350r and 260xl are too big for most 3x3 tents. Go with standard 260 kit or 300L.

I have a 36x20" tent and use a 160ish watt light I built myself. My last harvest out of it was about 7 zips, and wasn’t that great of a grow. I would say 6-8 is pretty lackluster in comparison to what a 3x3 is capable of with either light. Good yielding strains in hands of a good grower should be closer to a pound.

3 Likes

I’ve just bought two 300 rspec boards and they’re identical with one obvious difference, the 300s are mounted on a red board and pre-assembled. They come complete with a dimmer that has its own box which is mounted to the back of the board as well. I have 4 in my 8x4 tent. Two 260s and two 300s :face_with_monocle::nerd_face:.

2 Likes

He said he was looking for a light for a 3x5 closet.

:man_shrugging:

@dbrn32 so your saying the 350 and the xl probably won’t even fit in my Ac infinity 3x3. NOT a 3x5 closet. @beardless i think you have this post mixed up with a very similar post. So if that’s the case I’ll stick with the 300. I’m definitely a little more into the plug and play and the whole warranty deal. And even with the 300 I should have my results closer to a pound when I hopefully get myself dialed in? Just want to make myself clear before I cut myself short. I feel with the 350 I’ll end having to dim and not be able to use to its full potential anyway since I only have a 6’ tent. The tent model I went with is the average infinity 733.

1 Like