Having trouble deciding. Decisions, decisions?

@beardless yea I just noticed that. I’m growing in a 3x3 tent not 3x5. Thank you for your feedback. Glad I waited until I got home from work to double check. I work outside and in between waiting for asphalt trucks I was reading. The glare must have gotten me. Hahaha. :joy::joy::exploding_head:

No clue where that came from other than another poster said they were converting a 3x5 closet. My apologies, I got my wires crossed.

I have a 3x3 gorilla tent. It works well for me and it is about the only size that would fit in the space I had available. I have a Kind XL600 (280w) and four photo boost strips with 150-170w. I haven’t burnt them up yet.

No worries my man. I can see how things got crossed. At lunch today I was like wow someone pretty much asked the same exact question I did but slightly different space. This morning I just tapped out after reading journals all weekend. And said f it I’ll just ask the HLG crew on here. So without even looking into the light thread I typed up my questions early this morning half asleep during my coffee bowl sesh. Like I said been up late night all weekend worm holing about these damn lights. It seems I had a pretty successful outdoor grow this summer. But having to create and control your own environment inside is whole different world. I’ve been reading my ass off, my wife is ready to kill me. Hahaha. Trying to soak up everything I can and even have notes going. I’m still technically in a red grow state but it should be very legal shortly. Just trying to stay ahead of curve I guess.

I actually have two of the newer spider farmer 100w boards. Been pretty empressed with them this far. But doing my research overall the plants don’t seem as dense or tight as the HLG. And they don’t seem to get me where I want to get. I know this a very controversial subject and there’s loyalist to both sides and not trying to start anything here.
Anyway I set something small up in a closet to start seedlings and beginning of veg. But them ladies stink the whole house up and I can’t be cutting holes in the walls where I’m at. So I have to create my environment and filter everything if you know what I mean.
So I’m thinking going with the 300. And maybe even sticking a 100w board on either side of the rspec light. It should push me just shy of 450w. That should be more than enough in the 3x3. And definitely get me closer to that pound per plant goal.

1 Like

That’s correct. For a 3x5 closet I would go hlg-350r no problem. They’re just too long for typical 3x3.

2 Likes

I know off topic but do either @Hellraiser @dbrn32 correct me if I’m wrong. To be able to use these lights to full potential I would need to start supplementing co2 to help protect against light burn or to be able dial up the lights. And I’m talking with a tank not yeast sugar mixtures or mushroom bags. I know I’m going off topic and way into left field. Or is vented in fresh air from say a window provide enough without supplementation?

Negative.

Ok so just follow recommendations for distance by manufacturer? Thank you guys for all the feedback and answers. I try to keep my questions to a minimum and use the search tool. Just sometimes I feel my head spinning from so much searching. :joy::rofl::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

@beardless Just curious how many plants and what’s your average harvest with that light per plant?

Yeah 450 watts of good led will rock a 3x3. Though a pound per plant is a pretty lofty goal if growing more than 1 plant in a 3x3. Pulling one pound in total is usually the goal for 3x3 growers and can be easily done with a nice yielding strain - 4 topped plants yielding 4 oz each, or 1 large plant can pull a pound but would take a much longer veg.

1 Like

This will get you bonus points from me haha! If you can’t find answers you’re looking for in reasonable amount of time it’s plenty fine to ask too.

1 Like

@Hellraiser Thats why I like reading your posts my man you keep it real.
I didn’t expect them numbers off the bat. It was more like a goal to maybe one day be able to reach if even possible. I know there’s a very steep learning curve and everyone has to figure it out.
So what do you think I should realistically expect with two plants that I’ve manifolded and plan on scrogging out. The strain is a shoreline og x animal cookies. Supposed to be a heavy yielding plant according to the breeder. I’ve got them going in coast of maine and build a soil 3.0. Doing a side by side to which I like better. I’ve been feeding regularly with some cal mag and some micro nutrients to keep everything happy in the soil. Been following the wet to dry watering cycle and haven’t messed with them too much other to top and lst. I popped them aug first and have transplanted them from solo to three gallon to seven gal fabric pots. Roots were awesome and seem to be filling out their final home nicely. I was going to let them veg 3-4 weeks in the new tent and lights and let them really fill out. As right now they are still pretty compact and low. It’s been actually pretty smooth sailing. I’m just waiting for some type of issue. But I’ve definitely been doing my homework. And just trying to let them do their thing without too much stress.
Anyway I digress. I’m looking forward to the new toys and getting these ladies in their proper home. Thank you for the feedback.

1 Like

Hahaha I get it dude. You guys are super patient. I have to give y’all credit. I remember the first time I grew many a years ago before online world the things we tried and did kinda makes me wonder. Haha. But we were kids. And just super stoked to even have a plant. But having the resources that are available now it’s pretty unbelievable. It’s almost fool proof of people actually follow good advice and retain the resources versus always trying to recreate the wheel. And just sometimes just some plain old common sense. Hahaha

1 Like

Correct. Every personality is a little different too, sometimes there is too much information for some to handle. Truth be told I have about as much patience as 250 pound rock. I still want to help as many people as possible

1 Like

The whole too much info kinda got me in the beginning of this past outdoor season. I learned quickly I have to pick one route and stick with it. And realize less is more and a little patience goes a long way.

1 Like

Outdoor growing is something I don’t have the patience for haha. My dad has last two years and I pretty much told him not to call me anymore about them. Bugs, mold, wind, rain, it’s always something. And when you get a good crop there’s a chance it will get you busted or stolen. Just too much for me.

2 Likes

Yea I feel ya man. I really didn’t realize what I was getting myself into when I relit this fire in the spring. IF i go back outside next year I’m definitely gonna do some fem autos. Along with the photo. I rolled the dice with some bag seed and got lucky I guess. I’m almost there. Lol. It’s been hell of a ride I tell yah.

1 Like

Long as you’re enjoying yourself is all that really matters.

2 Likes

I try to have four plants. When I do I am usually around 14-15 oz total. My last run was with purple haze. It produced well and the four plans weighed in at 17+. All prior grows were in soil. With the purple haze I switched to Jack’s nutrients and peat with perlite.
At the same time I did a single purple kush in a 2x2 scrog using an autopot and coco with perlite. It came in 12+.
There are a lot of variables.
I took cuttings off of the purple haze. One plant in particular was really sticky and I know I got cuttings from it.
I have six of them going in the 2x2 scrog in SOG. I like this style / method because it is different and fun.

I have two more in the 3x3. Manifold and longer veg. Pretty much full back to front. 5-gall fab pot coco&perlite using Jack’s

2 Likes