Haven’t grown in 28 years

I don’t notice any more stretch with LED than HPS. Amount of stretch seems more strain dependent, some stretch a lot during flowering (sativa dom) and some don’t. I’d stick with LED, may stretch more with HPS.

5 Likes

I also agree.
Side note with LED, you can increase the intensity to slow the stretch down, but it’s been hit or miss for me for control.

4 Likes

Same opinion as the others. Lighting type in general shouldn’t be a lot different.

3 Likes

The purple kush.

2 Likes

Platinum Cookies.

3 Likes

The dwarf.

3 Likes

At 100% for a week. Sort of just bending them between my fingers to keep them even. All are at a half inch from another. Except one. It is now. Had to do this three times now with this one. Likes to out grow the others.

4 Likes

Rookie mistake.
The last 100 plus gallons plus of distilled water that I have used same brand, were always at 8.2 to 9.5 ph. I assumed ph pen was way off. As I’ve always had to put ph down in the mix. Local hydro place will get me a blue lab one. Hope they are ok.
Never for some reason occurred to me to put it in the 7 solution. Big mistake. Well I did. Read 7.13. I thought the reading at 4.32 was off.
Moral of the story don’t do what I just did.
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope all is well.

3 Likes

@Ynotfish
Love reading your post and all the advice you are getting.
Apologies if I offend you but reading your post you say"My Aussie is needy and wants his belly rubbed"?
Is that a Kelpie or Heeler? :flushed:

2 Likes

@Ash
He is a purebred Aussie. Full of p and v.
Here are plants as of now.

4 Likes

@Ynotfish
:drooling_face:

1 Like

Plants today. The purple kush I should’ve put in a bigger pot. Kept it in a three gallon. Should of gone 5 or 7. They drink a lot.

3 Likes

@dbrn32
Thank you for the light information.
Trying to get a hlg for flowering.

1 Like

Fed today. Hopefully on the right path. No bs on this one here are pics from the morning until now. They looked thirsty.

5 Likes

You have a nice set up.

1 Like

Thank you kindly.

Ynotfish-
First, you have one of the best mentors in @Hellraiser. I have just read your whole journal. You mentioned earlier that your hydropinics store was getting you a new pH pen by Blue Lab. In my opinion, Blue Lab and Apera are two of the better quality testers. You can live with a cheaper tds meter. Your Blue Lab should come with calibration solution. I would get some storage solution as well to help take care of your investment. A good thing about the higher quality pH pens is that you can replace the probe if the original one goes out. Your plants look great by the way. Growing sure has changed since we were younger. On your SF 4000, they should have guidelines on hanging height on their website. But dbrn32 can guide you just as well. Good luck on finishing. Peace…

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. Got the blue lab one along with the storage solution and both of the ph solutions for calibrating. Hellraiser is super knowledgeable. Learned a mega ton from him.

2 Likes

Ynotfish-
He is one of the most successful growers on This site, AND he 8s a great teacher. If you like the way of growing that he uses then I think you have found your mentor. Others are capable to help, but if you want a mentor you can trust, it would be hard to beat Hellraiser. He is a great teacher too. Some people know a great deal, but are not very good teachers. He is. Good luck!! Peace.

4 Likes

I like you closer. You make it?