Has anyone tried a ppfd meter from an app

I had the bottom vents open and the top of the door cracked with a small clip on fan blowing air out , seemed to work ok but yeah I’m definitely hooking this exhaust back up. Thanks for the advice. @MeEasy

1 Like

Can you just leave the intakes open like that? I thought about putting pantyhose (not mine) or screen possibly. @MeEasy

1 Like

I think light is the biggest problem leaving it open, but bugs can get in to. I just changed my stuff around and mine are just open vent tubes even the big tent with a intake fan. I will be putting something eventually

1 Like

Finally done, what a pain lol. Definitely worth it though. @MeEasy

1 Like

You can always put the humidifier outside the tent by the dryer tubes and it will suck the moisture right into the tent when you need more room in there

1 Like

I would but I don’t have a way to control the humidity. I bought an ink bird but it doesn’t work with any units that don’t come back on as soon as they are started up. It would be a lot of watching it if I left it on the outside but I may try to figure something out. @MeEasy

I don’t have a controller but I don’t have a job either so I have alot or time (I’d sell my soul to be able to work) I do just run my cheap humidifier outside the tent and it doesn’t get so humid like if you leave it in the tent all day. I remember when I first started growing Indoors I literally made it rain inside my closet where I was growing. I thought 4sure my fans would never work again they were dripping water lol I had forgotten about it being on

1 Like

Sounds familiar lol. I did something similar and forgot to turn the humidifier off at night and I woke up to a mist from hell pouring out when I opened it. Everything was soaked but seemed to have dried out ok. I also have time all day so i do watch it constantly and move stuff around and what not. You wouldn’t happen to be a Veteran? @MeEasy

No I didn’t go in, tried but had gotten in some trouble when I was younger and they wouldn’t let me in without a referral took over a year to get one and I had bought a tractor trailer by then and didn’t go.

1 Like

I just saw your profile. Guess I should have looked first, didn’t know you could do that on here. Awesome that you are still going at it. The help and your time is appreciated. @MeEasy

1 Like

Humidity is doing fine but the temp won’t go above 70 lol. Can’t wait to see my power bill because here comes the heater on top of everything else. :laughing:
@MeEasy

1 Like

I need to update that little thing I’m about to be 3 years indoors now. Ac and heaters are the worst electricity suckers. My house is never under 65° I have to remember to close the rooms heater vent during light times or it gets very warm very fast. I’ve got three tents in my room now so there’s going to be times opening the window is necessary. I’m about to start a grow in one of the 2x4s but only have one tent going for now my 4x4 it’s just over a month in flower. 8 5 gallon plants

3 Likes

Man those look great @MeEasy

1 Like

A couple examples under same light as before using a simple piece of paper as a diffuser and it certainly works a lot better. After seeing how close it is I guess I can recommend a phone version.

I’ll try it under different kinds of lights when I get a chance.

5 Likes

Awesome that worked. I watched a video with someone having the same results with the Korona app on the iPhone . Kinda crazy that a phone can do that. Possibly save a couple hundred lol.:money_mouth_face: @CMichGrower

A couple photos using red/blue “blurples”

3 Likes

And high pressure sodium…

In about 5 hours I’ll be able to compare Metal hydride

3 Likes

Yeah that’s way beyond me lol. @CMichGrower

I’d say the iPhone app works satisfactory once a piece of paper is over camera

2 Likes

I thought there was no way an app on the phone could be near accurate until I compared it with the hydro shops apogee meter.

It’s still not something I’d use for doing light reviews on YouTube or any other platform but it definitely gives us a pretty good indication of where we’re at for light intensity.

5 Likes