Has anyone tried a ppfd meter from an app

Yeah @Akcr that does seem high. If it was me I would do like I said above, whatever step your plants are at veg, flower. Set the light at their lowest setting for that step and move it down a little at a time make sure you wait a few days between moving it sometimes it takes a plant a couple days to react and if you are moving it every day by the time it starts showing you’ll be so close that it burns em

1 Like

@MeEasy

Also by lowest setting do you mean to turn off Bloom and only have veg on? I have had both on for close to 2 weeks now. @MeEasy

No lowest distance from plants recommend by vipar for flower, @Akcr sometimes words sound good coming out of the brain but don’t read good lol

1 Like

So about 28in. @MeEasy

Since you are just into flower yes that’s where I would start

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for the help. :+1: @MeEasy

1 Like

No problem, just @ me If I can’t answer I’ll try to point you to someone who can. Remember when making changes with your plants make one at a time and wait for them to react. If you change to much and something happens you’ll never know what did it. Best advice I was ever given so thought I’d share. Good luck :deciduous_tree: :sunglasses:

1 Like

You’ll want to check your app. The korona app suggests placing a diffuser (paper) over the camera to get more accurate readings. Yours may not.

2 Likes

I did have one thing I’m having trouble with is humidity at night in my tent. I close it all up and by the morning it’s 80 % rh. Humidifier is taken out before I turn the lights out. Would it be worth putting the dehumidifier in at night or is that not a problem getting that high right now in the veg state? @MeEasy

You will have to keep it down once you have buds they’ll hold that moisture and cause mold. I keep fans blowing and the exhaust going 24/7

Edit = I did it again with my words, yes you have to keep the rh down. It’s good to keep your fans and exhaust running around the clock

1 Like

Ok, I haven’t hooked back up my exhaust fan, had a problem with the rh dropping too much a couple weeks ago so I thought I would wait until flower. This is a difficult process to learn lol. @MeEasy

1 Like

Plus it like 10 degrees out where I live so I didn’t want to open a window to set it up to blow outside. @MeEasy

How’s your exhaust setup? It doesn’t have to blow outside in the winter months I have mine blowing out into the room and I run my humidifier by the intake fan

1 Like

I just have a 4in with adjustable speed but even on the lowest setting it sucks it all out. I don’t have an intake fan though. Also I have a small humidifier. @MeEasy

That’s what it looked like before I took it out

1 Like

Then your exhaust either blows air out or sucks it out

This pic illustrates it kinda yellow arrows are the velcro vents these are nice but don’t stop light
The yellow circle is the vents to put your intake fan or just some tubing the 4" dryer stuff it doesn’t stop light either but you can cover it with a towel and leave the end sticking out. All of my tents have two of the fan holes I would put a hose in both sides if yours has two @Akcr

20210212_153419

1 Like

Thanks man, seems like I have a night full of fun. @MeEasy

1 Like

Yes exactly, I would definitely put it back in and that round vent on the bottom (circled in the pic below) put a couple feet of your dryer tube in it and cover all but the very end of it with something or it will leak light. @Akcr

1 Like

Your plants need fresh air too, they use the co2 in the air the same way we use oxygen and without it they’ll suffocate

1 Like