Growing for the first time!

My understanding is that ro water is basically neutral, putting it at 7.0. when I used it, I always made sure to pH it down to 6.5, but be careful, it takes hardly any pH down to get it where you want it. There’s no buffer in the water, so a little goes a long way. First time I went wildly up and down trying to dial it in lol

1 Like

Yeah I watered my girls last night. Water came out with a really high PH of 9.5. I added one drop to the gallon of water and went to 6ish. Crazy.

Apparently it’s high because of the dissolved gasses in the water after it passes the membrane. I left a bowl sit out and I checked this morning and PH was 7ish. But I also checked the water today right after it came out and was 8.5 so it’s getting better. Seems like I have to use it and break it in so to speak. I expect the PH to be closer to 7 especially if I let it sit out for a bit exposed to air since it will absorb co2 from the air and the ph will lower.

I don’t plan to use PH adjustments once this happens. Top dry amendments and using recharge and fish shit should be just fine and let the soil do the work to buffer accordingly. It might be too late for me in this current grow, but the next grow should be much better.

Lesson learned. Last night I watered with the mosquito bits, recharge and fish shit. Hoping to see my girl do better in a couple days from recharging that soil

2 Likes

The way I understand, trying to measure the Ph of RO water is not going to give accurate reading. The PPM is too low for the water to even have a Ph. It will take on the Ph of whatever is added to it or the medium it is used on. It is basically a blank slate.

1 Like

Yeah but the gasses can also affect PH, it is not entirely related to PPM from what I understand, but the hydrogen ions that are in the water

1 Like

6 weeks today! Looks like she’s responding well to her watering last night with fish shit and recharge. I also bent over the main stem again to try and get the canopy even and expose more nodes

How she looking?

3 Likes

Looks good! Those tops will really start shooting up soon, making the LST exciting haha. She looks great though, look forward to seeing her over the next couple weeks. She will be twice as tall as she is now

1 Like

Thanks, I hope so! She’s been growing for sure so idk how much more growth she got. We will see!

Look at my girl! Today she’s showing some life lol and her main stem came straight back up.

How she look?

3 Likes

Looking great

2 Likes

Yeah, looking great man. And yeah, she’s got more growth in her, wait till you see those branches stretching up. Mine are just starting and they take off fast. Awesome thing to watch

2 Likes

I really like the “triangle” shape. I see at least a dozen nice tops there!

My 2 Bubba Kush are stretching like crazy. Getting big as they start to flower. Hoping they will be my biggest yet.

2 Likes

Thank you!

That triangle shape wasn’t intentional lol I didn’t even realize until you pointed it out. She def has a lot of good tops so far and more are coming out since I adjusted her again to expose more.

1 Like

SWEEEET! Nice job.

2 Likes

Your doing great

1 Like

That’s I really appreciate it!

I’m glad she’s doing better. That recharge and fish shit works wonders

1 Like

Wanted to post another update. Removed some more leaves and gave her a good watering last night

Day 46!

6 Likes

I love seeing them switch from veg to flower, watching those pistils come out and seeing the buds start forming their structure. I’m trying real hard to get a photo of the same branch everyday to hopefully do a neat little time lapse video in the future. She looks great though!

2 Likes

Day 48 today! I decided to defoliate the bottom part of the branches and remove and node sites that were not getting any light and I also adjusted some ties as well.

Hope it wasn’t too much stress and she doesn’t hermie

Here a before and after:

5 Likes

I think it looks good, and in a day or so you’ll see it shoot right up. A lot of people say not to cut the leaves, but when you do, and the plant recovers, it sends all that energy up to the leaves and budsites that are still there. At least in my experience. I’m sure each strain is different, but I did that to one of mine, and she’s the biggest in the tent by far, and isn’t even flowering yet. :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard the same. fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes