Grow season 3, 2020-2021

I had some NL autos on my last grow the same way. They looked good but was really airy. Who knows, maybe genetics.

1 Like

The girls were flipped on Monday and they are doing well. Fed the pair of Jack’s plants today and had significant run off. I was happy to see that since I did not get any last night. Ph of of runoff was 6.1 and 6.3. Lots of work done tonight.

Before

New resting place to help catch runoff from the Jack’s feedings.

After

I have two plants that showed some issues. It appeared almost over night. The plants are not the Jack’s plants. They were planted in amended soil and I think they are finally looking for more food. What do the farmers think? I looked very close during the defoliation that took place and did not see any. @Covertgrower @GreenJewels @Bulldognuts @MattyBear

4 Likes

New growth on that plant actually looks really healthy to me. Could have been the amended soil was too hot and now that the roots are plentiful enough to absorb the nutrients, she might start to take off. Old damage looks like ph or magnesium issues. Have you checked runoff on the soil plants?

4 Likes

No, not yet. They typically are not watered to run off.

3 Likes

I think the same as @MattyBear newer growth looks good. The discoloration appears to be on lower,older leaves. PH fluctuations will usually show up on the middle to lower leaves. I’m thinking that’s what you are seeing with those lower leaves.

4 Likes

@zserbo this is my journal. If you go up to my post you can see what I do. It took me a few grows to get confident enough to do this kind of defoliation. The next, at 21-days, will not be as dramatic. The 21-day will be focusing on lollipoping and shade removal.

3 Likes

Day 1 after defoliation it always surprises me how fast they recover.

I also went back and looked at some notes I had. Prior to moving to the flowering tent they were getting 400 ppfd. The flowering tent was set for 600 ppfd. I think that may have caused some of the issues I was seeing.

4 Likes

Happy New Year everyone.

3 Likes

happy new year bud!

Right back at @Bubblehead

Time to party

2 Likes

Happy New Year!

4 Likes

@goodvibesgrowing this is my current journal.

Pictures from last night. Plants are looking healthy and happy. I did a lot of lst over the past few days and really opened some bud sites up. Plus, it will help keep them under control. My last grow I let them go a little wild and I was not happy with some of what happened. @GreenJewels The cherries Jubilee is really looking good. She took to the last like a champ and her bud sites are really developing nicely.

@AfgVet @imSICKkid @Covertgrower I’m no where near the point yet. When using Jack’s. Do I need to stop feeding and only use water as I approach harvest?

5 Likes

I stop feeding 2 weeks out.

3 Likes

Looking great :+1:

1 Like

I also do the same.

1 Like

It always surprises me to see how much they can grow in a day or two. Plus they are in the middle of stretch right now. Really trying to keep them close to the same height this grow.

5 Likes

@MattyBear @AfgVet @greenjewels @Missiles @Covertgrower @monkman

So I have been on the look out for “reasonably” priced canning jars. I am striking out right now. My harvest is several weeks from now but some lead times for jars are 5-10 weeks plus they are at least double the cost. What could be an alternative to curing in glass jars? Would plastic jars work?

4 Likes

i buy 64 ounce amber jars at walmart. i also got 32 oz amber jars there. the 64 holds about two ounces of pot, the 32 about one oz of pot. it costs about 10 bucks for two 64s

1 Like

i have fourteen 64 oz jars and believe the investment is worth it. that covers one harvest from my two tents and so far i don’t have to buy anymore because by the time i have the next harvest, the jars are free of pot. the plastic jars might work, but are not good long term as i don’t believe they will continually stay sealed air tight after a couple uses. btw, you can get more than two oz’s into a 64 oz jar, but not if you want some room in there for when you roll the jars to keep individual buds separated.

I would check Walmart or Target. I actually found some nice glass jars at Marshall’s for $5 a piece so if you have one close, check that out

4 Likes