Grow season 3, 2020-2021

Hello family after taking some time off I’m back to start my third season! What a start it has been. I dropped Mowie Wowie, Wedding Cake, GSCX and Zittles. Only seed not to get a tap root was WC so I dropped a second seed. Got them all potted to start and could not figure out why my GSCX would not break ground. Then it hit me flat forehead time. I put my MW and GSCX in same pot. Serious how did I do that…transplanted one of the seedlings to a separate starter pot and away we go. I just don’t know who is MW and who is GSCX. Hopefully they look different enough that I will be able to tell later.

Everyone was transplanted to their 1-gallon pot on Saturday and are loving life right now. 12-Days old and looking good. I am using reclaimed soil from my winter grow last year with a few goodies added in for good measure. We will see what this gets me, right now it looks good an will save me some $ on feed. I just don’t know if the run is MW or GSCX.

Good to be back posting again. Let the schananigans begin.

@Missiles @Covertgrower @GreenJewels @monkman

13 Likes

Probably won’t be able to tell by leaf structure. Terpenes you should. Maui Wowie should be lime in terpenes, very citrus.
GSCX I haven’t grown from ILGM, but the one I grew from Sensible had a very sweet earthy, with a hint of mint.

I hope based on the terpene profile I’ve helped give you direction to the path of stoner discovery!
Happy to follow along!

7 Likes

Welcome back @Bubblehead ! Glad to see you growing again :grin: Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Glad to see you back and growing. I’m set to watch
:v::green_heart:

3 Likes

thanks for the tag! set to watching. looks like you got a good start to me!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Tag me in your current threads I’d love to see what you’ve been up to this summer. No good I’m sure :crazy_face::flushed::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Pulled a slurry test last night. Ph is 6.3 and ppm is 450. I can live with that and believe they can too. May have to give them a little snack this weekend. Change ro filters last night, cleaned my ph probe and check calibration on my ph probe. Ready to get rocking. Gotta love the Apera, sat in storage solution all summer and calibration was dead on, no adjustments needed!

4 Likes

@Bulldognuts here you go. Just getting off the ground. Going to have an update later today.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ve definitely missed having you around. Set to watch.

2 Likes

Thanks. Just chilling this summer. Time to replenish. I missed everyone here.

1 Like

The girls have grown quite a bit this week and are looking strong. All except the runt were topped today. She will get hers soon enough. They are 18-days since breaking ground. If all goes well they will be transplanted to forever homes this week and then flipped in another 14-days.

The soil that they are in is reclaimed soil from my last grow. It is Nectar for the Gods #4 that I added carbon, bokashi and One Shot Nectar of the Gods fertilizer. I have done some reading and the soil should be good into flower. Then if i want to add some more nutes for terps, weight and flavor I can. So far this has been and easy grow with just having to water and not worry about nutes. I know this grow will cost a lot less if it keeps going like it has so far.

I did an experiment during my last grow. I wanted to know which root treatment worked best in my little world. I grew 4 plants. One plant received Mammoth P and Recharge, one Tribus and Recharge, one Mammoth P and Cultured Biolgix EZ Veg Tea, while the last got Tribus and the Tea. The first place contestant was Tribus with Recharge then in a clear second was Mammoth P and the Tea. The others were not even close. As I move through the this grow I will have a face off with the first and second place finishers to see if I can repeat the results.

4 Likes

Following, trying to learn as much as possible just started my second grow about the same time you started your third season.

1 Like

Welcome along. I tend to have on experiment on the go all the time.

1 Like

A little late on the update but here it is, the plants are 4 weeks old now and getting ready to flip on Sunday. Over all I am happy with their progress. My GSCX is starting to show some either some light burn or mag deficiency. We lost power here today while I was at work and when it came back on the lights came on at 100%. My bet right now is mag. I am having a hard time getting my ph above 6.4 in my slurry test and they need to see at least 6.6 for the mag to be available. Tomorrow is a water day so I will give them a higher pH watering in an effort to get the soil pH in the proper range.

3 Likes

Looking healthy, I’ve had the ph struggle myself.

1 Like

What did you do to fix it besides giving high pH water? I’m open to any and all tricks at this point. I have 6 days to get them in tip top shape for the big flip and defoliation.

2 Likes

Usually my ph issues start after I’m in flower. On 3rd grow I was using FF Dry nutes and flushed with Sledgehammer and got them back on track. On 4th grow I was using Jack’s 321 and everything went great until the last 3 weeks of flower. I started getting some discoloration in leaves. The thing was, the girls were doing so good on Jack’s I wasn’t even doing runoff readings so by the time I realized that ph had dropped the plants were nearly finished so I just let them finish up.

1 Like

You may want to flush them with 6.8 water only. That may help raise the ph in soil.

1 Like

Well I’ve done my battle with Covid and survived. Need to get caught up for the last couple of weeks.

The girls just finished their first week of 12/12. I introduced nutrients to my augmented soil for the first time last week. That is the the first time I have fed them in 5 weeks. Along with being flipped last week they were defoliated. I like to cut them back quit a bit at flip. The will get another trip at 3 weeks and then selective trimming after that time. It always surprises me how fast and strong they come back.

Either GSCX or MW is growing at 2-3 inches every couple of days right now. I think she is going to get some high stress training tomorrow so I can control her height and expose more bud sites.

Pictures below are going to be before defoliation, 2-days after defoliation and 1-week after defoliation.

Before

After

2-Days After

1-Week After

6 Likes

Looking great :+1:

3 Likes