Grow cabinet build and grow part 2

Yes, start as high as you can, at least 24"

Here we go. Heat management is def going to be challenging . Air cooled hood and already jumped 5 degrees… hope the stretch is almost done or I’m gunna have to do some serious tying down lol

The command center

4 Likes

Expect more stretch lol.

1 Like

Not cool , not cool :face_with_raised_eyebrow: lol

1 Like

How do you keep your humidty in check at lights out? Mine spikes big time.

The only way I know how to control humidity is with a fan. I also use a/c in the room with my tent and that keeps it down. If it’s that high, you should consider a dehumidifier.

Yeah once the light goes out it spikes to like 70% running a fan brings it down but I’m out of fans and controllers. Looks like it’s off to amazon again lol

Flowering is moving along nicely

3 Likes

As the temperature drops after lights out, the RH will go up. The actual moisture content of the air didn’t change; just the air’s ability to hold more water vapor. A dehumidifier at night after lights out is often a good idea. I just started mine last night and it will run for the next 3 weeks regardless to force more resin production.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to rig up a dehumidifier with duct work so it intakes humid air from cabinet and pushes the dryer air back in . I’m currently to cramped to fit a humidifier in there.

2 Likes

Where does your air come in? Looks like up top?

It comes in on the bottom left. I added an extension duct to get it farther from the floor to keep dust out

2 Likes

Try putting that clamp on fan near that inlet, sucking through it, blowing up through your canopy. It will improve the intake flow. Or maybe add another fan there. Improving your overall exhausting of the air should lower the humidity.

How many cfm is the pc fan on the inlet?

I’m not really sure . I added it there just to give it a boost. The black can fan in this pic is dedicated for just exhausting the heat and humidty out of the cabinet . So basically the lower intake works mostly passively so that fan has air to suck in. The green fan is strictly to cool my light. It’s a basement grow so the humidty is high. I have my dehumidifier running in the basement 24/7 and I have the RH down to 55

Can you duct in a/c’d air from inside the house?

And what’s the rh in the basement outside the cabinet?

That may have to be an option as I get farther into flower. I’m going to try and run another dehumidifier at the same time and see if I can get it down under 40%

Basement is currently 55% .

And is it higher or the same in the cabinet?

I’m sorry, I feel like I’ve read part of this info before, but my memory is sh*tty.