Gorilla Glue Auto straight from Portugal

I agree, higher humidity in flower stage will expose the plants to mildew or bud rot. At the very least make sure you have very good air flow but a dehumidifier would be best

3 Likes

Agree with you on the benefit of dehumidifier. I’ve read this thread with interest as both sides of my family are Portuguese (Azores)
Since finances are an issue I know you can improvise a form of dehumidifier by using a small fan the same diameter as dryer vent hose or other types fan ducting
Just having another source pulling the moist air outside will help but it may be negligible
Saw this tip in like home handyman years ago sitting in a doctors waiting room. The author used it in his basement to draw moisture up and out the foundation window
Plants look great overall

3 Likes

DAY 47- Hey everyone, here are my ladies, looking good in my opinion except the smaller one eheheh how many grams should I get from the bigger one? @CalamityJane @AfgVet

2 Likes

Hey hey! Not looking bad, my friend! Well done.
It’s hard to say what you’ll get in grams. I was surprised mine made up even a half ounce!
I think any yield is a success imo, so I tried not to dwell too much on how much it was going to make but rather hoped the quality would be there more than anything.

Keep going, looks like you have a while to go yet anyway :+1:

2 Likes

Doing a great job!! It’s exciting isn’t it!

I have no idea on yield either. I never know what mine will bring until I weigh them :woozy_face:. Let them keep growing into some beautiful buds!

2 Likes

Yea bro Im very excited, it will be MY weed, I GREW it, and thats amazing. Cant wait to smoke it :smiley:

4 Likes

Be proud of it!

2 Likes

DAY 53 - Hey everyone, how y’all doing? Hope everything great with you all. Here are some pics of my plants. The bigger plant has been getting yellow and dried leaves, what can it be?

1 Like

Not familiar with the nutrients you are using but looks like a calcium/magnesium deficiency maybe.

Do you water until some water comes out of the pots? If so, what’s the ph of that water? If the ph coming out is off it can cause the plant to not absorb the nutrients.

If your ph coming out of the pot is good you can add 1tsp of Sal de Epsom to a gallon of water, ph it properly and give it to the plant

The yellow leaves will not get better, just make sure it doesn’t get worse

1 Like

Thank you for the advice. I actually don’t have a ph meter and Cal/Mag supplement, but at least I learn with my mistake :smiley:

1 Like

A ph meter is one of the most important things to have during your grow. How are you ph-Ing your water now?

Use Epsom salts for the cal/mag

1 Like

Yea I really have to invest on one ph meter.

1 Like

It will make a big difference

1 Like

DAY 64 - Hey everyone! Hope y’all doing great. Plants are looking ok, what signs tell me that I can harvest? Buds looking pretty. @AfgVet @CalamityJane

1 Like

Oh wow! You are close. The pistols have turned from white to brown/orange and are receding back into the bud. Do you have a jewelers loop or a strong magnifying glass you can look at the tricombs on the bud with?

Let me find a pic of what you want to look for

1 Like

Here’s one. You’ll want to cut depending on the high you’re looking to get. But you should give straight water a few times before chopping, to help wash the nutrients out of her.

3 Likes

WOW!! I didnt knew that the aspect of the trichomes lets us know what type of high I will get. Obviously I want the more intensity possible, so I should let them grow more a little bit?

2 Likes

If you want a head high, more energetic you want to cut it while the tricombs are cloudy with just a few amber. If you want that high that is going to knock you down on the couch to zone out for a while you want to go with more amber. I’d say 50% max. You don’t want to go to far with the amber as the more amber the more the THC is degrading.

I would stop your nutrients and just give water. By the looks of your buds I’d have to say you should already be seeing some amber. Get some sort of magnifying glass and get a look at them. A strong jewels loop is best. They’re very cheap here in the states, about $15 USD. Maybe even you phone camera can zoom in good enough to see them.

4 Likes

The plant in your last picture doesn’t appear to be ready yet. The pistols still look white from what I can see

It’s kind of hard to tell in the pic with the lighting. So you be the judge

2 Likes

You’ve done a great job for your first time on a low budget grow. Anytime you get them to finish is a win but you didn’t better than that. Great job

2 Likes