Girl Scout cookie eXtreme! Grow journal

Honestly have not been wowed yet but I also haven’t flowered them yet. I have a Grandpa’s Cookies in veg, she’s been there for a few months now. I will probably be up-potting and flipping to flower in a couple more months. The reason I’m not over the moon is I dropped a couple - Purple Sunset and Gpa’s Cookies. The Purp sunset didn’t survive past seedling stage for no readily apparent reason. Gpa’s cookies has been slow to grow (good for me right now, ironically). It also hasn’t been eager to root. I’ve had a clone cut kinda just vibing for the better part of 5 weeks. It’s still alive, so I know it’s strong, it’s just not eager to do much more than just exist.

Anyway, I have faith that my opinion will change once I get my little lady into flower and grow out a couple other strains of theirs. For now, it’s “fine but not sure it’s worth the hype.”

1 Like

Also looking at LIT farms. My friend at the grow shop had great things to say about them and even better pictures to back it up! Pretty close in price. When you find them on sale there maybe 50-75 dollars more than ethos. Some of there statins are ridiculous priced but you can find some for decent amd then if you go the right site they send another pack of regs for free! Which are also there expensive strains. So for like $150 you get 10 fems and I think 17 regular seeds. Not to bad! I just dropped some Mephisto freebies I got with my Black Friday order. “Mango smile x Grape Krinkle” I’ve heard nothing but good things about Mephisto for the most part. Some people have a problem. With them not getting big enough. But I think they just don’t have there grow dialed in. when you have a 3 week veg cycle I feel like Everything has to on point! Any experience with Mephisto? If so what strains? I’ve got double grape x7/ beary whiteX14/ and two other free 5 packs.

1 Like

Shoot. I’d make 30 Graysin Farms seeds happen for 150 in a heartbeat. :sweat_smile::joy:

Heard of them, never been compelled to buy their gear.

I think that’s people not understanding autoflowers. Autos will consistently yield 2-4 ounces but rarely more. A truly dialed in grow can get 1/2lb autos but that’s not typical results in many cases. My “Runt” Mephisto pulled 2.5 oz, my not-runt was closer to 4. My offspring auto’d who used Mephisto genetics seem to also consistently pull between 2-4 ounces.

Growing Mango Smile right now, had grown 2x Samsquanch OG’s. I also grow Yeti Wedding often, which isn’t Mephisto, it’s my own, but it used Samsquanch OG as the Mother, and behaves similarly to them. She takes between 22 and 45 days to begin flower, and from there finishes about as fast as the Sammy OG did (50-55 days).

1 Like

People talk shit about ilgm being like a big box store of cannabis seeds. I personally LOVE EVERYTHING I HAVE GOT FROM THEM! Although there is some variations in pheno’s as with most plants grown from seed. My DOS-si-do auto’s are like 5 ft tall! Only one of them is fluffy. The rest are rock hard! The purple punch auto’s I got from them I just abused! Topped, fimmed, LST(tied down)! They took it all and are still about 3-3.5ft tall! And stacking nicely. Even better than the dosi at that stage!

1 Like

Update!!! Plants are doing great despite the AC unit blowing off the the outlet pipe and the room being at 120 degrees from 8am to 5pm!!! The do-si-do mother and do-so-do clones didn’t even show signs of wilting!!! Only 5 of the GSCX we’re affected! The 5 plants that I start to water on. That always get a little less water then the rest, while I’m trying to keep from mixing another bucket of nutes and being lazy! But they all bounced back nicely! From what I see the GSCX from ilgm is VERY HEARTY STRAIN! Doesn’t seem to mind the heat if it’s watered! My govee Wi-Fi said it fluctuated between 120 and 114 degrees with and average of about 117 for about 7 hours!

2 Likes

@Graysin hey buddy hope your holidays are going well! I was wondering how you germinate your mephisto seeds? I usually just use a paper towel and ziplock bag. I’ve had great success doing it that way. All THE ILGM beans I’ve popped have grown vigorously and strong…. But the mephisto seeds keep rotting off in the seed shell! Or not popping up? I tried to soak them overnight in water and then put them directly into the medium, but my success rate was even worse then the paper towel! The coco is not excessively wet. I just feel like the seed shell is to hard for the seedling to push off? I’m trying to fill the room with auto before I start the flip for the gscx. Have you ever had any problems with mephisto seeds? What method do you use? Thank you

1 Like

My method with all seeds these days is to float them in a cup of purified water for 24-72 hours, I don’t let them go longer than 3 days. Once they have a tap root, I transplant into rockwool cubes. After they sprout outta the cube, they go into coco.

2 Likes

First day of flower! Gonna run the Mephisto autos and the gscx on a 13/11 light schedule…. Not for the extra light. But mainly because I work from about 6:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday. And I like to put my eyes on the grow in the morning before I leave and then water them and care for them at night. So a 12/12 photo period just doesn’t give me enough time to make sure I get in there after work and water and what not. 2 gallon pots with plants this size and I suspect I’ll be watering daily if not twice a day. :person_shrugging:t5: But anyway… here’s some pics of the lady’s! I think they look good. Double dosido from archive mixed in with the bunch. The big plants at the far side double dosi, alien kush (bag seed), and golden leaf ilgm. And mephisto autos in the middle. I’ve had the worst luck with the Mephistopheles seeds. I’ve probably popped 45 beans to get 23 plants! I’m gonna start germinating like @Graysin explained. @PurpNGold74 @VirginiaGrowBoy @Spiney_norman

Uploading: image.jpg…

4 Likes

That’s some expensive odds with Mephisto beans. Ouch. :dotted_line_face:

Ya your telling me! Super pissed!

1 Like

Funny thing is I left some seeds in the paper towel for 2 days and thought I killed them because of how long the tails were and how yellow they looked. But 4 of the 23 came out of those first 5 beans! So it’s my fault. I think the mephisto shell heads are harder as well. I’ve lost a lot of them to helmet head rot. Live and learn! So far I’ve had a hermie! Lost a crop to pollin! A 50% take rate in 10$ per seed seeds! 115 degree temps in the grow room from using regular duct tape and not tin tape for heated applications, had to put my foot in my mouth when it came to @dbrn32 for inaccurate information! I like to get all my “OH SHITS!”
out the way first! :rofl:…. That way it’s clear sailing for a few! Haha happy new year!

4 Likes

Wow, how much square feet floor space and how much lighting do you have again?

1 Like

The garden is about 19.5ft X 4ft…….I got 5 1000w hid lights is that enough? …. I know there old and no one uses them but I couldn’t afford $2000 in lights to cover the same area. I probably have about $2k invested in this room. Mostly bought everything used…… lol I did buy everything used. I got 12000 btu ac unit X2, co2, humidifier, dehumidifier. Another 6 ballast another 15 hoods. Ten t5 fluorescent lights. Grow equipment is cheap! Turns out it’s hard to grow hood cannabis! I’m kind of ocd… I don’t have a half speed! Either we’re doing this shit to be great at it! Or we’re not doing it all! :metal:t5:

3 Likes

3 Likes

The autos are getting Dual spectrum as there is a metal halide over them and hps on both sides! They seem to really like it!

2 Likes

I might flower with 3 blue spectrum lights and 2 red? Just for science purposes to see what it produces m.

1 Like

That’s 80 ft2 so 40W/ft2 x 80 ft2 = 3200W. You seem to have plenty but I don’t know how HID lighting affects that number

1 Like

Plenty. You could probably do 5-600’s to be honest. Most of 600’s going to be a little higher par per watt, and i have feeling anything you give up with less light intensity you may gain back with more ideal environmental conditions. Worst case scenario you could air cool those hoods.

1 Like

I usually run them on the 75% setting. Or it almost impossible to keep them watered! Lol

1 Like

I posted some pics but realized I had other photos in the bottom of the photos!