Gelato and new growie

Anytime Grow Bro! You’ve got a great support team here :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

@Storm First time getting this far. All my other attempts were years ago and had to hide everything.
None of those ever made it to show sex, ate off buy critters.
The WWW is bag seed and is getting loaded with calyx. best part is her perfume. I got to check her a couple of times a day for a snort, kind of pine/citrusy smell. Gonna be good!

2 Likes

I am a super basic guy. Living soil. Stay in growing parameters. Play xbox. Retired and BORED!!!

1 Like

@Storm Not actually retired but close, 40+ years in auto repair Tech to Service manger. quit to do sothing else and life got in the way. Learning patience again(never had any).got a whole lot like my customers,
I want it fast, right and perfect. Now that I see better progress it better.

2 Likes

I’ve got blue dream seeds waiting for the tent DOES NOT help with the waiting :rofl:

Yup. Don’t miss it, anymore.
Currently, the one hitter gets a pipe cleaner after each fire.
Tasting the new cure batches, I am.

1 Like

I saw that you’re going to run without a humidifier, but I’m going to drop the link for the ones I have. I like them because they have a hygrometer and also you can turn the lights off on them which I needed for my photo plants

The 40-45 you have is fine for flowering, it it’s possible they like around 50 - 60 while they are babies and growing. It’s easier in the summer to get that with little to no help. Also once the plants are big, their transpiration is going to release water vapor.

1 Like

@Fiz Thank you! Also thought about sucking air from outside. But live in the woods and there’s all kinds of stuff I don’t want in the tent.

1 Like

@DEEPDIVERDAVE agree 100% everything I smoke from is cleaned often. No stopped up screens or pipes

I wouldn’t - if anyone has an outdoor grow somewhere, you could accidentally draw pollen in.

Not the most likely outcome, but it certainly is possible. I only vent out of the house.

I read @Hellraiser’s threads too, he was growing in the desert without humidifiers and his plants were magnificent.

1 Like

@Fiz don’t think I would have issue with pollen. But molds, pests would be a garrantee!. Working on reading @Hellraiser 's thread among all the others. I overload myself with info

1 Like

Pests could be kept out with a screen over your intake. But nothing smaller. Spores are already everywhere though, just hunting for the proper conditions.

Hellraiser is the best. He walked me through my first grow - I imagined him rolling his eyes every time he had to look at my silly issues, but he never expressed impatience. He’s been away a while, and I hope he comes back some day.

Same here. I just let my RH be whatever it is. All the batteries in my hygrometers are dead at this point and since I stopped trying to course correct, it doesn’t matter anyway. It would be better to have one to monitor temps and rh so I know if it gets so low I need to fix it (sub 20%) or if my temps swing way outta whack.

generally, it’s helpful to monitor but not something you need to micromanage

1 Like

Don’t be so certain - pollen can travel several miles. More importantly, “totally legal” sister to cannabis, the hemp plant, is wholly capable of pollenating your cannabis. Not saying this to scare you, only raising the matter so people know that outdoor grows often bear the risk of pollination if there’s anyone within a couple miles of you.

I exhaust my “used” tent air out the window, and bring in fresh air from my house to avoid the possibility of drawing in crap from outside.

1 Like

@Graysin didn’t think about hemp or distance pollen could travel.

2 Likes

@Graysin currently exhausting into lung room going to correct that in near future

2 Likes

Definitely. Recirculating isn’t bad if there’s a solution to getting fresh CO2 in the mix, but I always hesitate to mention CO2 in home growing situations. It’s rare the plants have access to it long enough to be able to utilize it. It’s cheaper and easier just to get the exhaust truly exhausting. But it sounds like you know that :100::v:

Seconded here. I think that about @Underthestairs and @HappyHydroGrower too, though. They absolutely all three walked me through the first couple of grows, and never once mentioned the fact that they already gave me everything I needed to succeed the first hundred times they answered my questions. :rofl::joy:

5 Likes

Smoking weed makes it much easier to be patient, I think. Too bad I couldn’t smoke before work back in the day.

Growing teaches patience too.

But I think I’m most lucky to have stumbled on ILGM site, the discussions here are nearly always positive, and the experienced growers are super good with the newbies.

2 Likes

@Graysin yeppers really impressed with the folks on here. Have read more than a few threads that I’m not sure I could have stayed with it’s as long as you and other’s did. But after the help I have gotten I would definitely try to.
I want to move exhust fan out of tent. It’s the 2x3 cloudlab for ac infinity. I want to get better exhaust out of veg side. I have a jumper duct between them now and its working but could be better

2 Likes

@Fiz weed supply is very low at the moment which just adds to lack of patience. Seeing light at end of tunnel is good

2 Likes