Gelato and new growie

I thought this plant was doing okay till this morning.

Not a computer person hope pics come out

she came out of the soil on 7/26/21. It’s in Fox Farms Happy frog. It’s a gelato photo seed given to me
so genetics are unknown. Also have a bag seed plant that is doing fine other than being a runt.
Used Fishsh!t last week. added grotek solo-tek and recharge today.
I have been reading here since early July and purchased a AC Infinity Cloud Lab 2x3x6ft kit
Anybody got any Ideas?
Been experimenting with the 1st plant just over a month old and can’t seem to dono wrong other than she’s 5" tall. Thank you for any and all help. Great Forum!!!
I have 10 Blue Dream photo’s seeds for next grow

2 Likes

Here’s the runt found her in a bag of shake. I call it Wild Wood Weed.

1 Like

Someone who knows more will be coming along, I’m sure, but I’m under the impression that Happy Frog is only good for around a month. She may be a very hungry strain, but I’ve never grown it so don’t know. I think she may be getting hungry.

Bag seed weed plant is looking really good! Funny how that happens.

The plant isn’t very big and won’t yet have absorbed the nutrients in the Happy Frog. Be aware that microbe products like Fishsh!t can dramatically increase nutrient uptake and cause nute burn.

I would discontinue the Fishsh!t and manage nutes according to runoff PPMs with a PPM target of ~1,000.

1 Like

You’re one of the guys who knows better - OP should listen to you!

Welcome aboard! The bag seed looks like a strong sativa with the thinner leaves. Sativas grow taller and a little skinnier. When she is around 1/3 of the height you want her at when finished, you’ll want to flip to 12/12. They look nice! Good luck and happy growing!

1 Like

Agree with @MidwestGuy and would ask what’s your input PH :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

TY @Fiz , That’s what I thought about HF soil. I have gal of distilled water should I flush what I did today?

1 Like

I don’t flush unless it’s life or death. Especially little plants. I agree with the pH check though. I found that many of my issues are connected with that number.

2 Likes

Ordering PH and TDS meters today. Local hydro shop told me to feed heavy HF doesn’t have enough nutrients! I’m using my well water PH is 6.8 using pool test strips.

2 Likes

HF has enough nutrients for the first 4 to 6 weeks for the average cannabis plant.

4 Likes

@Fiz I won’t flush at this point. Thanks for the quick replies.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

@MidwestGuy @Fiz @Borderryan22 @OGIncognito input ph is 6.8 with pool test strips. That’s all I got at the moment. Guy I got tent from said he doesn’t worry about ph. With the soil and nutrients he sold me
Thank you all again, The sativa looking leaves is saving her. I like sativas. I fimmed the top last week and looks like it’s got at least 5 tops starting. It’s loaded with calyxes and their pistols are not being carried concealed!

4 Likes

:point_up_2: that dude is wrong Growmie. I would start feeding when the run of gets around 800 usually week 4 or 5 for FFHF

5 Likes

Agree. Telling the OP that HF has no nutrients and that one should feed heavy and telling you that pH doesn’t matter when using synthetic nutes tells me that this guy has no idea how to grow cannabis. I would stop listening to him.

4 Likes

Always make sure your ph is in soil range. 6.2-.8 is where cannabis likes it in soil. Happy frog, by itself will last about 4-6wks. Your plants are looking good.

3 Likes

There are several of us that use FF soils. HF is pH’d to 6.5 outta the bag and like all others have said it is good for 4-6 weeks depending on the size of the pot you move into after transplanting your seedling. At this stage she only needs pH’d water and light. Once you get to that 4-6 week mark you can either start feeding or transplant again. That is my process. 4 times total from seed to harvest and only start nutes at the 2nd week after the final transplant into the 5 gallon. As for the stages she goes through I listen to her. She will tell us if she needs something. Don’t think you need to do stuff just to do it. As long as my girl is healthy, I just keep on keepin on. And sorry for the exact opposite info the cust serv rep gave you. Such a shame people don’t know their jobs or products.

2 Likes

My girls thrived when I got a PH Meter. My water was too high 8.4 now 6.5 happy girls @Fiz @OGIncognito @Bonjoyle @MidwestGuy @Rashish it makes a big differnce

3 Likes

OMG, 8.4! Wow that’s high. And not in the good way.

1 Like