GDP Auto- To Keep or Kill?

Yea, they did start off like :poop: due to lighting. Lucky as heck they bounced back, your extremely correct on that. :slightly_smiling_face:

What bank did you get your seeds from? You probably could get away with the same strain from a different bank that has a longer flowering time. I would run forwards the problem though while your mind is still fresh from that grow. Thought about ditching the GPD next grow, but figured I need to at least get one nice grow off of em. Dropping only one next grow though. Got about 12 seeds left and ready to make some magic with them! IMO

2 Likes

I think my Auto Gelato and Super Skunk came from QCS. My OGesus was an Expert Seeds (friggin male plant was going so well too). I need to get some ILGM autos but I need to decide what I like well enough to want 20 seeds of it. There’s no other way to buy em as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

Agreed. I first bought a 5 pack and still wish I had 15 more of those seeds!

2 Likes

This just sounds sooo wrong. U sure its not reading ppt or there isnt a small exponential number?

4 Likes

I’m quite sure. I even went through the other modes to ensure proper troubleshooting. Wired thing is, the ppm is reading fine when testing before hand. Runoff PPM is super funky though.

They are due for another feeding tonight. Going to run through another 3 point calibration tonight and try to keep pen inserted into run and immediately switch to ppm mode while still in the runoff. Seems to work last time, HOPING that will do the trick. :slightly_smiling_face:

SN: checked the girls before this morning before their bed time, and they are finally starting to visually fill in a bit more and noticed some slight swelling. Most definitely posting some more pics tonight during their dinner!

1 Like

If you just looking for auto, I would recommend going to This ILGM Link and playing around with the filter to get a feel for what available to your liking. You can use This ILGM Link for photos, and of course check out the ILGM 10 for 10 Deals!

I agree with you both on that one. I came close to getting a mix pack, but super happy I stuck with the 10 for 10 deal on the GDP. That’s a steal of a price for 20 seeds. Truly an unbeatable deal. When I get my Gorilla Cookies, I plan to only get 5 to start though. Solely because it’s from another store and not sure if I trust them as much as ILGM seeds and customer service!

3 Likes

I almost went for the GDP. I see the Zkittlez are up for the 10 for 10 now and can’t decide if I would want to get the autos or the photos, so I’m not doing either (yet). I have another round of mixed autos and photos in the veg tent now, so I think once they’re in flower in a month or two, I’ll be better informed which ones I need more of (autos or photos) and I’ll grab whichever 10 for 10 is on sale at that time. :joy:

Yeah, this ^ is so true. I have some from all over the place and the germ rate is… all over the place too.

PS- god I’m out of likes again. Here. :sparkling_heart: :joy:

1 Like

Smart move. I was the same way and had same though when I was deciding on my GDP and seeds for next round. So I sat and thought on it with a tactical mindset until I made my decisions. I had a cross of Zkittles and Sherbet before, was a very nice smoke, but never had just straight Zkittles. It does looks quite delicious though, lmk if you get it!

I figured as much, had a gut feeling about that one, thanks for the heads up! Hoping they will be fine, have some fairly good reviews.

And i wish I could trust myself with and had the space for photos. I might give it a shot after my 2nd round when I have a bit more experience!

I’ve done the same once or twice before, I know the struggle, lol. Thanks for the :heart: and the support from you and ILGM fam! :blush:

Do it, you won’t be disappointed. I flipped a photo that was only about 4 weeks from seed because I just had a sad hole in my hydro set up after losing OGesus to being male. It’s not getting massive but the bud sites are showing me it will be worth the effort. Being able to flip a photo on the same timeline as an auto means you can keep it intentionally small, even without going through too much training. Mine got topped once, and that’s the end of the training it’s had. Well, I’m starting to LST as it stretches to keep it even, but even that is minimal.

I may be echoing the old timers out here soon, saying I prefer the photos. But I need to grow at least one auto in conjunction every round - it forces me to flip the photos into flower once the autos start flowering. :joy:

Just to make sure,(because I these plants have me feeling hella crazy sometimes lol). I’m going to run through all 5 modes to double check and post pics of different modes to triple check. That could very well be the issues though. Looking at the Amazon link, it reads “ 5-in-1 Waterproof pH/EC (Conductivity) /TDS (ppm) /Salinity (ppt) /Temp.“

Give me about 1 hour and I’ll post the pics. And thanks man for the support! :blush:

1 Like

Man thats what we are here for bro! Awaiting updates later…

1 Like

^ seconded. We’re all in this together.

2 Likes

That’s an excellent point that I have not thought of yet. You sir have me thinking and considering now :thinking:.

Well you can’t be mad at that, wouldn’t be here without the OG’s. Lol

1 Like

Haha that’s what I’m here for - it’s no fun without complicating every decision! :sweat_smile: I am liking my photos. My auto is extremely frosty even if she’s small, though.

Haha, yes! especially the stupidly high THC strains are thanks to the OGs :fire:

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 these are the modes available. I’m using the mode in 3rd pic to test the ppm.

1 Like

My auto is quite frosty as well, a lot more than expected for its current size. And She looks fantastic, I know you will get some good smoke off of that girl!

1 Like

Some pics while waiting for the runoff. This is the tall queen!

3 Likes

In regards to the lower buds on the last few pics. I understand that they suck a lot off energy that could be used to better develop top buds. Some recommended to just do away with them. Is this something I should consider or let them do there thing and just get some popcorn buds at bottom?

Side note: I discovers tonight my last few “full cal mag” feeds have only been half a dose at 1 tsp (2.5ml). Tonight I added the whole 5 ml after I mixed my flower fuel!

2 Likes

Ok, so I found out the ppm issues, but still having low pH run offs. Idk why, but I noticed that when I check the ppm, the meter automatically swaps over to ppt mode. It did read around 730-900 ppm for a brief second, but not reliable enough to trust. Looking into it tomorrow, might have to give the company a call about that. Thanks for the heads up on that one @PurpNGold74, now I know where to start troubleshooting next for ppm issue.

4 Likes

Plant 1 (Tall Girl)
In- 6.67 pH - 756 ppm
Out- 5.30 pH - 730-900 ppm (possibly)

Feeding plant 2 now and will post results shortly.

2 Likes