GDP Auto- To Keep or Kill?

PPMs seem low for flowering - but only a half dose of CalMag may make up for some of that!

2 Likes

I was thinking the same and feeding them like 2 times a week at minimum. I got to figure out why it keeps swapping over to ppt mode. When I swirl the pen around in run off, it’ll show the ppm briefly, but swaps to ppt if I slow down or stop completely. Will have to call the company this weekend, wishing I got the blue lab pen now.

For plant 2, the bushy girl.
In- 6.56 pH - 950 ppm
Out- 5.13 pH - 490-900 ppm

Getting a bit frustrated that I can’t raise the pH, thinking that’s the cause for the slow flowering. :persevere:

But here are a few pics before I call it a night. Early morning tomorrow.

2 Likes

They just flower slow. Here’s my girl, on week … 3 or 4 of flower maybe? I’ve lost track. I flipped her on August 17 or so, and she went into “preflower” flowering 28 days ago.

It’s pretty obvious I’ve got a good 6-8 weeks to go with how she’s progressing. But my runoff just now is 2150 PPMs and 6.0 PH. I fed her full strength Jack’s and idk some indeterminate amount of MOAB - I just didn’t feel like measuring. It was probably a little over a full strength dose (1/2 tsp for 2 gal, full strength is 1tsp per 5gal).

Moral of that story is: flowering is the longest part of the grow. It’s hard but sit back and relax, my man. It’ll happen when it wants to start stacking. Your girls look healthy and happy. This is the hardest easy part - being patient while she flowers and dies.

Regarding raising your PH, the easiest thing you can do is feed them tap water instead of filtered/spring/RO water. Problem is you’re going to need to let it sit for 24 hours before use to ensure it’s de-chlorinated. Another alternative is add just enough nutrients to get your PPMs over 100 so you can accurately PH the water, and add baking soda (or real PH UP if you have any. I lost mine so I’m using baking soda right now) until it’s around 6.5. Feed with 6.5 PH water every time, it will slowly scoot their PH up.

Phosphorus and potassium, the two nutes they’re using most right now, are actually in the 6.0-6.5 range in terms of best absorption. So if you’re intentionally feeding her PH’d water that’s way too high, her roots are actually PH downing the soil to enable her to absorb those nutrients. So your runoff keeps getting thrown out of whack because she’s changing the PH on you.

3 Likes

Dolomite lime… its the gift that keeps on giving my friend. Just dont over do it on the scratching into soil

3 Likes

That’s about a month today. Sorry they are popping so slow, but does give me a bit of reassurance. My damaged plant buds look close to size of your pics, gotta feed those 2 tonight.

That statement needs to go a T-shirt. Wise advise that I will start to live by moving forward.

For my watering, what I do is fill up 4, 1 gal Arizona Juice jugs up with tap water and let it sit out until ready to feed. 2-24 hours, I will add the flower fuel, shake shake shake away, let it sit for a few, then do the same with cal mag. Pour into 1 gal watering can and give them the juice. Seem ok, or some adjustment maybe?
[
quote=“Graysin, post:226, topic:71432”]
add baking soda (or real PH UP if you have any.
[/quote]

That makes some scene in my head, I got ya. Will dial pH as close to 6.5 as I can get her. And I’m using a orange and blue bottle of pH up/down respectively. I believe it’s from some people called Atlas Store. I’ll post a link and pic of it a bit later.

And as always, thank you my friends.

3 Likes

That seems fine to me. As long as you’re checking the PH after the nutes go in that’s the biggest thing.

That’s the up/down I started with and honestly it’s quite good. I still reuse the bottle I got from them for my PH down - I have a gallon jug of General Hydroponics stuff now but it gets poured into the Atlas bottle to be manageable. I also think the Atlas adjustments lasted longer than the GH ones do.

Just straight dolomitic limestone works? If so I’ve got access to heaps of that… hmmm!

It’s quite alright. I’m going to be drowning in buds so I can wait for the reward. The worst part is my own mother keeps asking me when they’re gonna be ready :joy:

Be sure to post pics when you get feeding! Always love progress shots. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Not sure about the actual limestone. They could be the same thing but I would research it first. The kinda i had came in little pebbles tho. Kinda like grains just larger.

A little goes a good ways towards fixing low pH and even supplements a little bit of calcium organically (although that aspect takes a couple of weeks)

3 Likes

Hmmm. I think I need to seriously consider soil building at some point. I made a custom mash of compost/FFOF/worm castings and mycorrhizae for my seedlings but it’s not perfect since it was just designed to stretch my FFOF to be enough soil for all the seeds. :joy:

Never enough time to learn all the science.

4 Likes

Hello hello. Crazy past few days as usual, but here with an update.

Girls are picking up a bit and packing on some more Bud weight. Walked by tent this morning and caught a Whig of her, instead of the usual clean “hotel air” smell I’m use to from the carbon filter. Excited to peak in on them tonight!

Here are some pics from the damaged girls that I took on Friday. The taller, damaged plant has some serious purple going on in the stems! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Man she doesn’t miss her too at all, tell you what!

Have I already suggested bloom booster for your girls? I can’t remember anymore :rofl:

I think they’re showing marked improvement but a little boosted P & K might help bump up the bud production and slow the leaf cannibalism.

1 Like

Yes, I’m running Flower Fuel right now. Fuel strength, 1/4 tsp per gallon of room temp tap water. Shake for 2-4 mins, let set, then do same process with 1 tsp of cal mag. Think I will start back with Bergman’s Plant Boost next feed and add it with the Cal Mag and Flower Fuel. Keep reading to use Flower Fuel with base nutes and my mind has been nudging me to add all 3 and see.

I’d say go for it. As long as the Bergman flower nutes aren’t super heavy in N, I think it’ll be just fine to do all - your plants still want something, just hard to tell what! Too new at this to be too helpful. Maybe @PurpNGold74 has a thought but honestly as long as the PPMs going in when you add all 3 to your water don’t spike it insanely high, you’re golden. I just fed my big one a mixture with north of 1700ppms and she’s acting like it’s about it damn time she got a real meal.

More likes in 11 min but who’s counting. :rofl: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I watered tonight with all 3 mixed. 1st Gal came to about 800 ppm and second gal was about 700 :slightly_frowning_face:. Posting pH state tomorrow, just hoped in bed after a long day. Have been researching into the dolomite lime a bit more, trying to make sure I get the right stuff and feed it the right way. But here are some pics of the two girls tonight and then all in the tent After some rearranging.

…And the damaged goods

1 Like

Thinking if this should suffice compared to the other feeds I have from Bergman’s. Most definitely swapping to another regiment next round.

Lol I’m saying the same thing every time I take a peak at em. But per your advice, I’ve activated chill mode and except that patients is the one of biggest thing that will push me across the finish line… and maybe a higher IN ppm.

1 Like

That’s a veritable sh!tload of N for a flower booster. Can that be right? It doesn’t seem right.

PS the In PPM of 700-800 sounds fine to me. I push 1200-1800 depending on the mood I’m in :joy:

1 Like

I hate to say, especially on this site, but I don’t really have the most faith in Bergman’s feed anymore. The fact that the site is showing different number for NPK in my flowertime feed versus the physical package I have is enough to turn me off. Will be running Jacks or FF Trio next round. Honestly close to saying “F it”, getting a pack of Trio and run that till end of life cycle. The off NPK numbers are not good for people like myself with hella OCD and being a natural creature of habit.

1 Like

Highly recommend going the Jack’s route. Jack’s and the Flower Fuel will be more than enough by itself to get you good plants. You’ll just cut some Part B and add in the Flower Fuel.

I really wanted to like the FF trio but I just don’t. It’s too much - none of the formulations are “just right” and need to be used in combination with other supplemental nutes they sell on the side, Cal Mag, and you need to do a semi regular flush to get rid of all the excess salts. I ran it for 2-3 weeks and just about chucked it.

1 Like

Thanks bro, do they have on Amazon by chance and can you drop a link to where I can quickly grab some at? Is this it on Amazon? And while we’re looking at Amazon, any recommendations for fine Dolomite Lime would be righteous RN, or will any do? @PurpNGold74 or @Graysin can you☝🏽me in the right direction?

1 Like

Disregard, I see this is for their fertilizer I believe.

1 Like

That’s the Part B. You want that and the Part A. Let me find ithttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWXTJ6X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KW08YZZQWXDFKDWPGD82

2 Likes