GDP Auto- To Keep or Kill?

With Tall girl, I just tested total run off. I steep off for a moment and was at about 1 1/2 cup when I came back. The second plant, I got the middle portion of the runoff.

1 Like

Yes, it was probably just devoured with readings like that. Remind me what other nutes you’re using alongside the Flower Fuel?

Yeah, I’m probably going to cut the crap and start with 3 gal on Saturday - unless she’s dry before that anyhow.

You can check out my grow - it’s here: My long sob-story and noob questions journal

I’m still puzzling through a lot, myself, but I feel good with my soil plant. She’s gonna be my only good yield this first go around, and I’m okay with it.

1 Like

Last feed, I did a pinch of Bergman’s Plant Boost and the 1/4 flower fuel. But I keep reading in different places that either say it’s ok to mix Nutes and others say the opposite. So this feeding, knowing I’ll be going at them with the full dose FF, I chickened out and skipped the pinch of Bergman’s Plant Booster. Not trying to knock the ILGM, but thinking of swapping to FF trio next grow. Hear nothing but good things about it!

Thanks man, I will check it out! :blush:

I completely can relate to that man, we could both be lost without the form, lol. But I’m sure your queens will do well!

I started with the FF trio. It’s probably just fine. It was too complicated for my small brain to handle. Ended up going for the Jack’s 3/2/1 nutes. Can mix up a gallon of concentrate and supplement where needed. It’s nice.

Would you recommend that over FF trio? And major pros/cons?

I live in Virginia and I have 6. 4 were planted, one had a twin which was a freebee dwarf size at this point and the 6th came from snapping off the top of one accidentally and i replanted the top. Let the state take me to court over that. I planted 4 and have 6 pieces

1 Like

I prefer the Jack’s - it includes Epsom salts in the feed schedule which reduces the need for CalMag or other supplementation along the veg stage. It can be fed full strength from start to finish. All you really need is Part A and Part B, and pick up some Epsom salts from a local pharmacy or Walmart or whatever. Just make sure they aren’t scented.

You can supplement with whatever you like for your personal grow style, i.e. fish shit, other microbes or beneficial bacteria, and for the flower stage introduce your flowering nutes or boosters. I haven’t needed anything except the Jack’s and flower fuel yet.

Problem with the FF Nutes is you can follow the feed schedule but you then need to do semi-regular flushes, and I think the ratios on their schedule are weird for what I understand plants need. They also have so many extra nutes that may or may not be necessary beyond the 3. It was perplexing.

2 Likes

Thanks for that info man, going to do some research on this tomorrow through out the day. As slow as plants are budding, I figured I have at least another month or so to properly plan out the next grow! Decided on 2 Gorilla Cookies, 1 AK-47 OR Blue Dream and 1 more GDP auto!

1 Like

Oh. Tough call. Don’t look at me for strain help. I picked 8. :joy:

Lucky you, I’m restrained to only 4, by law! :weary:
But that’s per household. Lol have been strongly considering getting another “home” to grow another 4! :smirk::sunglasses:

1 Like

Haha, just borrow a neighbor. :joy:

Somehow I was blessed with “12 mature plants per household” where “mature” means flowering. So I’ve got… er… 1 plant. :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol died laughing reading that. Good idea though. But have been thinking about it for awhile now, before the legalization tbh. But with the new laws, just more of an excuse to get me a bachelor pad! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So I’m still struggling to get the pH in check.

9-8-21
Tall Girl- Full Strength Flower Fuel Only
In- 6.67 pH - 488 ppm
Out- 5.20 - 2.0 ppm

Bushier Girl
In- 6.60 ph - 497 ppm
Out- 5.40 pH - 1.75 ppm

9-11-21
Tall Girl- Full Dose Flower Fuel/Full Dose Cal Mag
In- 6.67 pH
Out- 5.55 pH - 1.73 ppm

Bushier Girl- Full Dose Flower Fuel/Full Dose Cal Mag
In- 6.65 pH - 515 ppm
Out- 5.38 pH - 510 ppm

Last ppm reading for bushy girl, I tested pH, swapped to ppm mode with pen still inserted and gave back what I think is a proper ppm reading. Will try this moving forward.
For the life of me, I just can’t get this pH to balance out, any suggestions. I came across this stuff called Sensi Growand stated that it automatically adjusted pH. With it (hopefully) bring so close to harvest, is it ok to try this stuff out to get pH in order?

Other than that, they are looking well I suppose,
Just slow Bud growth or my impatience. Will post some pics when lights flip tonight.

2 Likes

Honestly I have seen people not care about what comes out in terms of PH - you’re feeding them the right PH and they look good. I wish I could remember who it was who said that… @Hellraiser was it you who doesn’t worry so much about your runoff PH?

I have also seen that some folks use Sensi products. I personally won’t go down that road because my a%$ got confused enough with the 3 part Fox Farms nutrients, I can’t handle having a Part A and Part B for vegging AND a Part A and Part B for flowering AND supplemental nutrients on the side for enhanced flower production etc. I’m barely now starting to think about carbohydrates like molasses or something for my next grow and I don’t even know if it serves a purpose I’m just guessing it must.

Oh PS- what meters are you using again? I could probably scroll up and find out but honestly I’m feeling lazy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have this [one here.](APERA INSTRUMENTS AI316 Premium Series PC60 5-in-1 Waterproof pH/EC (Conductivity) /TDS (ppm) /Salinity (ppt) /Temp. Multi-Parameter Pocket Tester Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ENFOIKA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_5NHBZZQHGTGK8PDHKETP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1). It’s from Apera Instruments.

And I read up on it a bit. To my understanding, with this, you mix part A, mix part B, then add in your regular nutes. Seems simple enough, but I could be a bit wrong about this. I just figured it was the low pH that was causing buds to be growing so damn slow, idk. But they claim that regardless of the pH, it’ll balance it out. Thought it was cool and worth a try, but think I might do some more research before but it.

1 Like

Lol. No. Buds just grow slow. :rofl: I’m on like week 4 of flower on my 12” plant. It has nowhere to be building buds but it’s doing it and SLOWLY too.

The Apera is a good one. I’ll rule out meter accuracy then.

1 Like

Ik you all said don’t compare to other grows, but by looking at This Link, I would have at least expected it to be making more progression than what they are. Waiting for the morning I wake up to check em and see they have beefed up. Kinda frustrating, but will try to remain patient, really have no other choice lol.

1 Like

Sure, but are you using FastBudz seeds? Cuz the timeline for the strain you’re growing is gonna be based on the genetics from your seedbank. Everyone’s White Widow is different, and honestly the faster it flowers the lower the THC, generally speaking (there are always exceptions) because of the ruderalis I think.

Honestly, your plants will literally change overnight. I’m watching my Lemon Tree start bud stacking now. She had buttons and some white pistils and a few days later I can discernibly see bud forming. It’s a minor difference but also a massive difference when you think about it. Just take a deep breath. Take notes about what you’ve done this grow, and you can add something new next grow at the beginning of your flower phase and compare results. I’ve been following the advice of the guys who grow with a hydro schedule (coco and straight hydro both) and have been having results that I anticipate. It helps that I’m super stocked on shake from Cali though so I’m not in a burning rush for my own grow, I want to let it take its time and be perfect.

1 Like

You lucky dog,
I’m waiting for the day I don’t have to make “that phone call” again and just pop open a mason jar of some pressure.

And yea, that is true thinking about it. I’ve got the ILGM GDP. Honestly want to blame a lot of the problems still on the fact I started with THE worst light ever for any plants, lol. But live and learn. Also, here are some updated pics. Put a wrap pack in there for comparison.

[

5 Likes

Considering how your plants started, they’re doing stellar. My autos were on such a fast timeline that they flowered into stunted runts. Like one of them might be as tall as the swisher wrapper full grown. :rofl: we all make rookie mistakes.

I’m not dropping another Super Skunk auto seed til I’ve got a nice clean res and water steadily at 68° because I can’t wait to see the night and day from my first round to the next.

4 Likes