First timer w/ Headband indoor

Perfect conditions is always best but it takes alot to hurt them and most of us can’t keep it perfect all the time. My heater :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:up a couple nights ago and it got down to 61° in my growroom before I realized it. Luckily two of the tents are in flower but the autos are babies the smallest little leaves on the tops were a little wrinkly for the first day but perked up yesterday, I thought they were going to get stunted but looks like I caught it in time it was only that cold for a few hours

1 Like

I use this InkBird thermostat to run my space heater in the tent. I have it set to a 1° differential, so it typically holds my temperature within 2-3° of whatever I set it to. Works great but only rated for 10 amps, so I can’t run the heater on the highest setting or the cord starts to warm up…

1 Like

Yh i’m in when the girls get there :grin:

1 Like

@Kinkidred I’ll be there in a couple of months lol. Flipped last week and first pistils are popping up nicely. Planted an auto on like November 25 that is finishing her 2nd week of flower already. Hopefully she’ll be done by Valentine’s Day.

1 Like

My buddies keep asking when I’ll have something to smoke from this. They act shocked when I tell them a few more months. Can’t rush the process! Headband flowers for 9-11 weeks according to the seed source I ordered from, and they just went dark for 12hrs for the first time this morning.

2 Likes

And don’t try to! The longer you can make every part last, the better the all around result. Little longer in flower than recommended time. Go for a slow dry and cure. Shoot, cup winners will cure for at least 6 months before smoking.

3 Likes

Which means from the time you switch the light schedule you have between 10-15 weeks in real life

2 Likes

I gotta say, each time I’ve added that open sesame, I’ve notice big growth in flower sites. No negative effects on the girls either. I think it’s a little much adding it into the same water as the nutes, but they take it very well when put in with just the cal mag waterings.

1 Like

They stood back up just fine since this morning. Had to have been the giant dip in humidity.

2 Likes

Each took a gallon of nutes and cal mag this morning, top 2 inches of soil were dry and plants were drooping.

Looking good man.

2 Likes

looking good

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Girls are looking great this evening. Noticing some height coming in on a few limbs, especially the one by the wall in the back!

4 Likes

Second trellis should arrive tomorrow for added support as they stretch some, as well as more cal mag and FF liquid trio.

2 Likes

The bud spacing on the mains is great. Those will be FAT. Man it is gonna be hard to waitem out but do so i beg. Those plants will produce. Might be a hotspot where you are getting stronger growth. Reflection will do it same as uneven diode output. Just my thoughts.

1 Like

I’ll check PPFD on it in the morning and see. Might be reflection, might be lower intensity and it’s reaching a little more. I’m doing this solely for myself to have the absolute best I’m capable of producing, so I plan on doing everything to the fullest from seedling to cure. If I have to buy smoke for another 6 months for this to turn out right, then I guess that’s just what’s got to happen. :laughing:

2 Likes

It is actually a low spot. She must be stretching over there. They pretty much all look like that, that’s just the tallest limb. Still well fed from last night, must have sorted out my humidity issue. I’m back to getting about 36-48hrs between watering. Cal mag is mixed and in the tent to keep it from getting to cold, ready to go tomorrow morning. They’re up to 1000ppfd in the high points near the middle, 800 around the edge. I took out a good bit of undergrowth from both of them tonight, along with a few stunted branches that will never reach the light. Still looking great.

3 Likes

2 Likes