First timer w/ Headband indoor

2 Likes

1 Like

After reading your post and looking at picturesI have a stupid question.You have plenty of room for bigger pots.Wouldnt that help with watering/feeding at longer intervals while giving more room for roots?Your grow is beautiful so im not knocking it at all.Ive only experimented with outdoor a few times with so so success.

1 Like

Height was a big concern for me when I planned all this out, so I went with 3g pots because they’re a little shorter mostly. I’m actually still a little concerned about final height being that I’ve never done this before and I don’t know how tall they’re going to get. If I end up with enough room that I think I could go to 5g pots, I’ll go with those next time.

3 gallons of cal mag split between them to get my run off. It still amazes me how quickly they stand back up when you water them.

1 Like

Tonight when lights come on I plan on opening the other side of the tent and pruning out the undergrowth from the back sides that I can’t reach from the front. I’ve got a pretty good spread on all my branches, but I do think there’s maybe one on each plant that I should have taken off. They just aren’t catching up to the rest like I want. @MeEasy @Storm @Hellraiser is it too late to prune off a whole branch now that I’m in flower for almost a week? Would it be worth it? I’m more concerned with it affecting my potency elsewhere than I am with have a couple of larf buds.

1 Like

Not too late, I’m often pruning off unwanted branches up into the 3rd/4th week of flowering. It’s always worth it to get rid of what will be small larfy buds so the plant can put those resources into the better bud sites. Won’t affect potency, chop away.

3 Likes

I will be doing the same this weekend

1 Like

Great, thanks for the info! I know you have to start treating them a little more gently in flower, didn’t want to stress them too much. Ill probably try to make my final big cuts tonight, either way, and try to keep it to light pruning if possible after that. Having never grown pot before, I think i had unrealistic expectations of what the lower branches would be capable of after topping…they have pretty ends on them like the rest, and the branches look thick and healthy, but even with tying them down and growing them outwards all this time, they’re getting shaded out and falling behind.

2 Likes

So for some reason I’m having trouble uploading the pictures, but I took 3 limbs off between both plants, and a small pile of under growth from the back side of the tent as well. I trimmed up to a little under the canopy and got rid of all new shoots too close to the stalk to ever make it. Hopefully I got it right!

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

They look great :+1: all that crap you cut off would have added at least an hour to your trim time and probably net you enough weed for a blunt while stealing food from the buds you want to get fatter :wink:

2 Likes

I think I have all the main limbs removed that need to go. Now I plan on just keeping everything cleaned up on the under side and letting them get to work.

3 Likes

Gallon each of nutes and cal mag. They weren’t laying over yet, but soil and pots were dry, so I figured they could use it tonight during the lights on cycle. Took off some more under growth. They’re cleaning up nice.

2 Likes

looking great

1 Like

Thanks, it hurt me to my core to cut off all that. I opened a 6yo bottle of Bordeaux and had a few glasses last night with my doob to destress. :laughing:

2 Likes

sweet. I just look at as you’re helping her to thrive.

I’ve grown vegetables in a garden before, but I’ve never pruned or trained a plant before. Just feels wrong looking at the pile of green even though I know I need to do it.

2 Likes