First timer w/ Headband indoor

First time grow. Ordered 5 feminized Headband seeds, germinated and planted 2. Went with ViparSpectra 450w full spectrum with veg and flower (no dimmer), FFOF, and I have the trio but haven’t started using it yet. HB#1 sprouted 2 days ago, HB#2 sprouted today. They are photos, not auto. So far I’m doing OK other than a dip in humidity due to temp change outside. Humidifier arrives Saturday. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

Oooh! I am watching. I have chance at getting a seed or two. Want to see what you go through growing. How did you sprout?

Welcome aboard. Just want to say good call on starting out with photo. Much easier to recover from mistakes. You will find some great growers up here. I am more the support the effort learn to improve mine guy. I am too basic on my grow to chime in on other than dirt. But others here take it up a notch with tech growing. I am a gods way guy…lol. very few additives. Just can say calmag is your buddy. PH will cause huge issues and nothing happens fast. If it does…not good. Patience and love works.

2 Likes

Paper towel with spring water, per instructions from seed supplier. I only did 2, so if I screwed up I had backups. I’ve never grown anything indoor, and I’ve never tried growing pot at all. Just hoping to get something smokable by then end! :laughing:

1 Like

I’m using distilled water, pH 6.5-6.7, no nutes yet. Haven’t ordered cal mag yet but seen a lot of people say they use it. I’m still trying to decipher the feeding sheet for the FF trio. :laughing:

I have only grown from clones and my clone provider has moved out of state. We are going trade seeds.

It appears to be indica leaning and in my first few grows (some dismal) I found the indices I’ve grown are more sensitive to nutrient problems but produce nice buds! May you have an amazing grow!

1 Like

I ordered mine from Canada, they arrived in about a week. They guarantee 80% germination if you follow the instructions.

1 Like

@Storm I have seen you around on the forum. I just want to say nice to meet you!

Well ty. Same. Retired and live on my light schedule 6pm to 6am so get hella bored. Great place to glean knowledge. I ask so few questions because this forum is LOADED with answers. I bet any issue you have is somewhere here.

1 Like

@LSGrow if you put FF trio in the search function on this forum you can find other growers using it that can help.

I do living soil with Earthdust.

Not lucky enough to be retired yet but considering early retirement in 2022. I have been working since I was 14 and time to focus on my family and hobbies.

@Storm do you have a grow journal? If so would you tag me?

1 Like

Just wanted to suggest cloth pots over plastic when can. No clue on your medium but cloth regulates well. Breathes…no bound roots. Have had the roots go through bottom of a 20gal with long veg as a mother. Easier to tell if dry. Weight and check bottom. If damp can walk. Dry bottom i water well. Also really helps if overwater. Will not retain it like plastic. Also easy to flush if lockem out or way too many nutes. Just my feelings.

4 Likes

I did a quick search on the forum. In skimming most growers start at half dosing. You can dig in more because with other lines I know there is an order to mixing. Sorry I am not much help. @storm is dead one with cloth bags. I think they are great.

Also those use the trio do flushing at intervals.

2 Likes

I started them in Styrofoam cups with holes cut at the bottom for drainage. I have 3 gal cloth pots to move them to. I’m a little limited on space, hence the home made custom fit grow box lined with mylar. Right now I have just the veg lights on, once they get transplanted I plan on running both until/if I see issues from it. Rather have more light than less, right?

2 Likes

More light = good. I have one tent with three cheap blurples 309W draw I and have taken plants through harvest with enough to make the family smokers happy. I don’t imbibe.

I am setting up another tent with a better LED light to move plants for flower.

2 Likes

Just a suggestion i did not take back at start. A good light will grow well. A GREAT light grow anything anywhere. Pony up before you go too far. Will pay for itself. Cost me way more going up in increments than just getting a super 1 out of the gate. Learned a lesson. Black friday sales everywhere. The HLG are at suoer prices. Plus Oklahoma growers failing all over. I saw a grow facility selling the 650 rspec i think at 350 each. Some still boxed. Facebook Marketplace.

3 Likes

Ditto what @storm said - I am starting to sound like a parrot! @dbrn32 is the resident light expert here. If you give him your grow space size, budget and expectations he can recommend a good light! I tagged him in so he can help. Great person and shares his information freely.

He recommend an HGL light for my second tent I am setting up.

Seriously, we want to see you succeed! If you succeed, the whole community of growers succeed. You have joined a very friendly and helpful tribe of amazing growers.

4 Likes

Here you go. Old guy. Just put a new mother i have been grooming in a 20gal. DROPPED HER :scream::sob:. Bandaid. Broke main . Lucky she is heathy and the silica blast. Lesson here…Dont drop of course but do not stress it. Photo. She will grow a knot and that cola will be super strong. Panic and stress serve nothing. After a couple weeks ill yank the tape if i remember…lol. happened

an hour ago. She is not happy. Gonna have to listen to cbsrmt with her onnacid…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@LSGrow Now you have contacts. Just type our names with @ first like @storm. If we don’t know the answer we will tag other growers. @Lacewing is great with bug identification for future issues which I hope you never encounter. @MeEasy has helped me in my journey from five plants under one light in a closet.

2 Likes

I will tag you in my latest journal. Be aware there is a lot of banter and BSing along with good information. Rules: No discussions about politics, war or religion - the rules at the supper table where I grew up.

4 Likes

Welcome!!! Saw that you’re going with FFOF and the FF trio. You won’t need to add any of the nutes for about 5 weeks. It’s a “hot” soil preloaded with nutes. When you start using it, use ½-¾ the amount recommended to see how your girls take to it. You will need to flush, also. You don’t have to as often as their schedule suggests, but at least once throughout the grow will be pretty much required as salts deposit around the roots and can cause nutrient lockout.

When it gets closer to flower, you girls will want more nitrogen, and FF flower nutes are low on nitrogen. Calmag will need to be supplemented later on with every (other) watering.

Be sure you get reliable pH and TDS meters. Apera and BlueLab are great brands that a lot of growers here use. The Apera ph60 does pH and PPM. Be sure your watering with a pH of between 6.2-6.8. And when you start feeding, pH to the same range after your nutrients are mixed.

Sorry didn’t mean to drop a short instructional. Patience will be your best friend, and the growers on this forum are nothing short of awesome. So much help and so many resources. Good luck and happy growing!!!

4 Likes