First timer - ready to LST?

It is hard to say for sure. I think in terms of weight, probably like you said, keep them. If I do this type of LST again, I would more than likely cull them. More from a aesthetic point of view. The plant was very dense and hard to maintain . I would also try some type of chiropractic or super cropping to develop the other branches.

1 Like

Looks like my little boogers fan leaf found its way covering that bottom one lol… Thats what i woke up to this morning. I have them on 18/6 lights .

If you have a paper clip handy, bend one side of it straight and use the hook end to cradle around the fan leaf stem. Stick the pointy end in the soil/grow media.

You’re only going to need to hold that fan leaf out of the way for few days so a paper clip should be enough.

Example from my plant:

You shouldn’t need to move the leaf that much. Just enough to get the lower node some love from the light.

1 Like

Thank you my friend, i will go take a look at lunch, got some stuff coming today for LST

Looking good. As that main cola grows, keep moving the tie up and bending from a higher location so that your canopy stays even. Those little side ones will shoot up and you will need to tie them siren as well. Keep doing out little at a time.

Continued success.

1 Like

I would leave them for a few days to see if they turn up towards the light Just try to keep them out the soil

Here is a updated picture, everything looking okay for day 2?

1 Like

Looking good. You could pull that main cola down more. That side stem will shoot upwards as well. Then you can tie that one down as well.

Keep on it! :call_me_hand:

Looks good from here!

1 Like

Thank you and for the help!

1 Like

Thank you and for the help. I made that change, how many days until you would flip her on the other side?

1 Like

I am constantly rotating based on the plant’s response. Rotate, and tighten the ties, add new ties as needed, repeat. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Once you figure out how your plant reacts to getting full light on a node that was shaded before, after a couple times you’ll just know what to do instinctively.

I had a little gardening experience before so I kinda know about pruning and it’s effects on plant shape and how it grows after you prune it. Bringing light to shaded nodes just makes them blow up and form new top sites. It’s like magic!

2 Likes

Alright FAM almost to week 3 and about to flush the girls before adding nut and grow big. Sorry in advance for the super dooper amount of pictures. I am as green as my baby Autos when it comes to growing cannabis. My biggest girl is doing great other then a off color shriveled up leaf as you can se in the second picture ( i think ill try to order them). One of them are growing slow almost to the 4th node so i can start training her. The other two are doing good i think. Just want to make sure all is well before i flush and use the furt and nut in a few days. Please dont hold back from anything i am good at listening and doing well.

May I ask why your flushing so soon? pH off? PPMs too high?

Sorry i never replied to this! My friend stated after 3-4 weeks flush before using FoxFarm due to the soil having left over amount.

How is it going with the LST? Started feeding?

Heyy, i stoped LST after i lost that one White Widow. I have a updated picture ill put up here. Can i start LST again. I have fiber pots and garden tape. I was going to tie each branch down with holes i the fabric pot. just have been scared to lose another. I think they are doing good. I have started to Feed , i waited 3 days and the pots felt light. Fed them water and Molasses (unsulfured) . Didnt know how to get my PPA up but for the first time it was in the 400s and not 1000s. Ill feed them again in three or so days with the 3 FoxFarms. Hope all is well with you.

1 Like

Are your stems stiff? Where are you pulling down from?

You should try to get close to the top where the stem is more flexible. Do not force down all at once, but doing little at a time each day as the stem begins to grow upwards again. I also pulled on-time too strongly, and did not notice that I had actually cracked the stem. She is growing fine and it didn’t seem to impact that stem’s growth.

I have been doing a constant adjusting since I started LST. She is very wide now with many bud locations. Once you get into flower, your stems will become much stiffer as they need to support the weight of the buds.

Add more food to the water to get your numbers closer to your target. late veg, ball park of 450-700 ppm. So you are not that far off. There was just a post shared with some rough numbers. If I can find it, I will share that. You’re not flowering yet, right?

1 Like