First Timer - GSCE

I’m gonna apologize, without tagging, for my rants. This grow was/is very important to me. It is a first run, I knew there would be speed bumps, but not total off-road detours. So, for my incredibly tense posts in the last couple of days, I apologize.

My wife grabbed me, made me look at the plants and said, “You’re not some stoner looking for free weed. You have a plan and a dream. Work it to live it.” I didn’t know she had grabbed Suzan off the ground and replanted and watered her (pic below, she doesn’t look as bad as when I got the cat off her). And wouldn’t let me touch the other. Proverbially slap to a seemingly defeated psyche.

I need to get my anxiety in check. Always been high strung. My wife reminded me that this first round, and probably every round after are learning experiences.

We are still without power, but should have it back in a couple of hours. Tomorrow morning after I get all the branches out of the yard, I’m chopping and washing Jordan. I’m not feeling the flow right now so to say. All the extra precautionary crap the last few days has sucked some of the fun out of the regular, routine stuff. Hopefully getting my hands a little dirty tomorrow will give me a little pep.

Anyhow, here is Suzan all gimped up…

1 Like

Your gonna be fine …
I for one understand when venting is needed …
You’ll see how much better you will feel when your trimming her up …
All your hard work realized …

I promise you this …
That herb is going to be better than most …
At least that’s what I have found …
Cannot explain it …

Keep your chin up …the weather will break
Being without power is enough stress on a person along with all the other stuff you have going on …
You have to realize the weather is out of your control so …concentrate on what you can control …
My wife WORRIES …about stuff that isn’t even worth WORRYING about …

She’s wasting time …don’t waste time …

2 Likes

@Lacewing Ya I just kinda had to give myself a good shake. Gotta put on my big boy pants and keep it up. Thanks for hanging out man. I’m really stoked to see what you end up with.

1 Like

And I am a stoner looking for free weed …but I don’t mind growing it …to get it .
But I’m saying this right now …the effort I put in …was not free …

1 Like

Ypu and me both lol

1 Like

Well I mean, ya free weed, definitely one of the determining factors lol. I want my own out there though!!! I want to make people fat and stoned at the same time lol

2 Likes

Lol I do wanna share mine too…but I gotta wait …people would be pounding on my door if they knew .
Everyone I know burns

1 Like

Sharing is one of my favorite parts.

2 Likes

It’s going to be mine too …eventually …now that I’m much more confident I know what it takes to make it to harvest …I’ll have more than enough to go around …the first one is special …and only those closest are getting any …

But I have so many people I can hook up that do not have med cards or just someone I remeber being there for me will be shown it meant something to me …

It really does feel good just to make someone else’s day that wasn’t expecting it …and truthfully wanting or expecting nothing in return

I’ll always just say …remeber that time you helped me out? This is payback .…

2 Likes

Power is still out. But sun is coming through here and there and should be clear by the afternoon. Good and bad because the plants need it, but it’s like a damn sauna in my house. You can tell all the girls have been seriously lacking in some solar nutrition. I have all the windows open in my house, they are about 15 yards away from it, and I can smell them inside😂

As soon as power is on, Jordan is getting chopped, washed and hung to dry. I’ll probably be pulling gardening twine out of her til I strike the lighter…

Jillian is doing good. Looks like she may be hungry. No toxicity or deficiency after last feed, so I may give her a ½ strength dose of everything after her soil dries a little more.

Sandra is standing tall, and will be introduced to some LST in the next couple of weeks.

Suzan will be monitored closely after being turned into a bed by my cat. She was mangled like nobody’s business. Wife replanted and watered, and this is her now. She has a super tiny tear in a one pointer. And a couple small creases on others. But she’s standing taller than last night! She is seed #3 of 5, so I really need her to pull through, since the first two rotted immediately.

It’s a new day. My wife, as well as myself, has me in check with the anxiety. Things are looking better. Come on Center Point so I can chop this girl!!!

4 Likes

Not sure if it matter to be honest but I let kelly live through her last dark period and then cut her just before sunrise …
I read that plants will send moisture up into the stems and flowers at night …and during the day send it back to the roots …
So I figured she would be at her juiciest when terminated …
Just my 2 cents
But more importantly
I’m happy that you are having a much better day !!!

2 Likes

Better than as opposed to worse than expected, is a good thing. Here’s hoping for the best!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Depending on the power situation, it just may be first thing in the morning lol. It was suppose to be 5pm yesterday, then it changed to 10, and I have no idea now. My neighborhood is mapped like a grid, and my block is literally the only section without power. Oh well. She isn’t dying, and she isn’t throwing out nanners, so another day won’t hurt.

Thanks a lot! The storm wasn’t as bad as expected, but man it did a number on my nerves. The laundry list of other crap going on will get taken care of, whether I freak out or not, so just gonna remember that.

1 Like

And I always have to remind myself about perspective. In the large scale of life, this is fairly minor. Most things are. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:100: facts

2 Likes

1 Like

Still no power. The girls are at home alone. Last couple shots I got before grabbing a hotel for the night with the fam. I don’t think Suzan is going to make it. Will have to wait until a little later in the morning to check.

Here she is not looking too hot. Tried to prop her up, but I think the wind today was too much stress after her accident last night. Will see in the morning. Should be pretty sunny so hopefully it perks her up. This will be 3 plants gone from animals, if she doesn’t make it. I’m rootin for ya, girl!

Sandra is definitely doing good. Her and Suzan are just over three weeks, so I think I will start giving her low dose nutes in 6 days when she hits 4 weeks. It will be after Jillian’s last feed, so I won’t have to worry about mixing separate batches, thank God. Can’t wait to try some LST on her and see if I can get some bigger buds.

I didn’t get pictures of the other girls. I had to hurry up and grab what I could before the house was too dark. But…
Jordan is loaded with red hairs. She’d have more if I didn’t have to cut buds here and there that were rotting from caterpillars. Still has a lot left to harvest, though. I will get the microscope out before and during chop tomorrow. I don’t think she’s going to give me 2oz. Considering I made it to harvest, I’m happy.

And Jillian is sparkly, sticky, and getting nice and thick. Have had to take a couple of buds here and there from her as well, but have plenty left to cut. I should be able to chop her in about two weeks. I’ll give her a flush and a full feed on Saturday morning, then start cleaning her out later next week. If I don’t have to chop anymore off of her, I think I can hit my 2oz goal.

1 Like

Power is back, and would you look at that? Guess she was just a little overwatered maybe? I don’t know. She was bent all the way over yesterday afternoon. Suzan just may be a fighter…

Sandra is looking nice. Starting to eat her cotyledons. First feed coming in 4 days…
Processing: 16318013092583926503246739540792.jpg…

Jordans foxtailing. I’m utterly torn on whether to chop her. Tons of turned in red hairs. But new white ones on the foxtails…

And Jillian. I may lacquer her up after I chop her and make a pool cue lol. Not really. She is getting closer. Just gotta watch the damn caterpillars.
Processing: 16318014645147790609498660957156.jpg…

5 Likes

Nice. (Out of lines, so) :heart:

2 Likes