First time using coco coir

I’m currently growing a Maui Wowie in Coco Loco mixed with about 30% perlite. Very east to use, it looks just like Happy Frog or Ocean Forest. Enough nutes to get you about 5 weeks of growing without having to add anything. I will use it again. Got a hell of a price on late last year and I’ll be using it next grow for my Durban Poison and Amnesia Haze or another Sour Diesel.

It’s basically the same as OF with coco mixed in. I’ve spent some time checking out Coco Loco and the first thing listed is Forest hummus buffered and amended with same thing as OF and should be used the same as soil not coco. I originally intended to use a 50/50 mix OF and coco coir. I got Coco Loco not realizing it’s not pure coco. I liked the results that I had with it and now doing second grow with that mixture.

3 Likes

@VTGROW They seem way small for 25 days old.

@Brentman1979
I think each plant is different as each medium is different. I’ve had an auto produce 9ozs while its twin sister only produced around 4ozs. I’ve also had autos produce as little as 3/4 of an oz. recently I knew 2 autos would be stunted right around 2 weeks old, so I pulled them. Your plants will most likely double in size when they start to flower. They don’t look too bad to me. One thing is, autos don’t like being messed with. I wouldn’t LST one till I had numerous successful grows or I would do one but leave the other alone to compare yield.

Also, what do you have for lights? Lights play a huge role in overall yield and size. Do you run nutes? If so, what? I use GH flora trio, and they love it.

I use flora trio but I do the Lucas formula and I use two 1000w phlizon cob led lights combined watts from wall is around 500w

@Brentman1979
Seems like adequate lighting. I’m running an optic 6 and the new slimline edition. The plants look good but I’m sure they are a little stressed from the LST. I’d be happy with them. Can’t wait to see them double in size.

Exploded today!!

2 Likes

Plus a lil lst never hurt!! Just pull them down gently

Looking great for sure!

Holy sheep crap!!?

edit: language

1 Like

Welcome to CocoLoco! Lol
Looks like flower started so they will most likely double in size.
Happy growing!

1 Like

Yo! Please read Forum Policy. An occasional colorful note is fine but lets all be aware that this is a ‘G’ rated forum. You just make more work for the mods.

Sorry!! Didn’t think the S-word was considered vulgar!!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Damn! Look at those girls grow. What are you using specifically to keep humidity up? Looks like it works amazing.

@VTGROW. That’s natural Oklahoma weather for the most part. I’ll use a dehumidifier once the go full flower to keep between 45 and 55%.

2 Likes

In some circles it’s a technical term lol. Just be sparing with the colorful language. None of us mods are prudes but are specifically tasked with cleaning up ‘oopsies’ so it’s no big deal. I do get exercised when I see four or five vulgarities/profanities in the same post lol.

Enjoy yourself and if that word just HAS to be the one then use it: I think with the context we’ll figure it out. It’s just that the forum should be as close to a ‘G’ rating as possible: there are literally little old ladies on this forum growing and some devout Christians.

4 Likes

@Brentman1979
I have the opposite problem here right now especially in my basement. Thanks for the quick reply.

3 Likes