First time using coco coir

They’re getting there dog gone it !!!

1 Like

3 Likes

Refresh my memory. How far in flower are you and do you feed nutes?

A couple weeks. The runt a week longer. Should have another 6-7 weeks according to the package. I use the Flora trio but just the micro and bloom And cal-mag.

You checking ppm?

Usually around 750-800ppm

Going to have quite a little tent full. Almost perfect size fir the area.

I got right at a pound last grow in ocean forrest. Which was my first grow. My second seems to be a little ahead so wooo wooo!!!

2 Likes

That’s awesome

1 Like

May have to scrog net these autos. Still gotta month or so!!

1 Like

Decent! I’ve never used one but I have one handy, just in case.

Uploading: C5841D23-391E-4DC9-82BF-1F12028682E8.jpeg… Uploading: FBA6D513-A32D-4723-B250-D9E20FF32ECC.jpeg… Uploading: 79B4FB32-5D84-4780-878A-BBB28FA116A6.jpeg…

@Brentman1979 TLDR all of it.

I have grown exclusively in Coco Loco for the past four years and it is some of the best media to grow in for growers that prefer bottled nutes.

One thing to remember, even though it says triple washed you best be flushing that media before you put the ladies into it. You can take a 5 gal fabric pot and fill it with CL (Coco Loco) and your runoff will be past 2000 ppms. There is still a lot of salt remaining and you need to get it out…

Always start your seeds in a Solo Cup or something small, never plant in their forever home. You need the roots to swirl, this is why we transplant to bigger pots. Dropping seeds into a 3 or 5 gal makes for slow growth and when that AF (autoflower) seed pops the time starts counting down. So you want to maximize this time as much as possible and promote growth not repress it.

I see a lot of mention about GH and the trio…find something better. Do your research on GH, Monsanto, Scotts, and MG then you’ll understand why. You’re trying to grow medicine not chemicals, remember chemicals kill cannabis heals.

Autos contrary to popular belief do like LST and they do like topping (given that she grows to the 4th node in four weeks or less) but only once. They also like heat, if you run LED’s for your lights they can be happy at 85f all day long.

pH levels for Coco I have found are in the ranges of 5.8 to 6.2 pH. Use an organic filter to filter out the Chloramines and Chlorine. Seedlings like just straight pH water no nutes. After first transplant (week 2 to 3) start adding nutes but be light with it 400 to 600 ppm. Veg I like to see 600 to 900 ppm’s and in flower I like to see 900 to 1300 ppm’s.

Coco provides zero magnesium or calcium, better be adding Calmag, and use nutrients specifically made for Coco. Manufacturers of these nutrients line say they add Cal and Mag but sometimes it is not enough in quantity and you have to add (your plants will tell you).

Lastly and this is perhaps the most important. Dependant of your nutrients if they are not organic you will need to flush periodically during the grow. Synthetic nutrients contain a lot of salt and this WILL lead to a nutrient lock out. Flushing removes the salt buildup in the rootzone. I suggest a schedule of - fertigate, fertigate, fertigate, flush (with tea or recharge only), fertigate, fertigate, fertigate… you get the idea. My flush consists of pH’d water, recharge, and calmag. Flush UNTIL the runoff is within 100 ppm’s of the inflow fertigate. Flushing to a percentage of runoff is a myth and to be avoided, you flush till the salt is gone.

Add Silica (makes for strong branches) and always use fulvic acid in your fertigate (I personally use new millennium).

There you have it, if you have any questions let me know growmie.

5 Likes

@Arborfarms

I also appreciate the info about growing in coco loco. It’s my third grow using it, and I love it. Not saying I haven’t had problems along the way, but I can tell my plants flourish in this stuff. I wish I had read this before I started but that’s ok cause I learned a lot.

Happy growing!

1 Like

3 Likes

Starting to pack on some weight. Another week maybe two of nutes then just ph’d water until time to chop.

1 Like

@Arborfarms on average how often do you feed/water? I’m using 5gallon pots and I’m doing about every 3 days. My biggest plant could probably go every 2 days but I usually wait the extra day. My determining method is how heavy the pot is.

In flower, either photo or auto they are fertigated every day or once every 24 hours. In veg frequency is about once every 48 hours. You are doing it the correct way by “feeling the pot”, it really comes down to the environment and perhaps the strain. Feeling the weight of the pot if you can (non-scrog) is always the best practice.

In your pics they show some nice internodal stacking, you’re doing a great job at that light distance, make a note of it and the strain for future reference.

If you are planning to flush, I recommend only doing that when the trichomes are cloudy and for one week. Remember when she is chopped the trichomes will still mature. I prefer more of a head high than a body high. At the most I would chop 90% cloudy 10% amber. Also, there is a lot of emphasis being put into terp juice aka terpinator or terpenez, this you would start using last three weeks of flower or exclusively during flush. Many do not like to use it because it could possible take away from the flavor profile of the strain (I agree) but many like the added flavor it brings…choice is yours.

Looking good Growmie!

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple jewelers loupe but I ordered a digital microscope today!! I make a note of everything. Plus I record in a book and the I have a dry erase calendar.

2 Likes