First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

Yes! I only have experiences with my green beam and KINGled. I will say when I switched to this green beam, I’m not going back!! Thing is bright as hell. Doesn’t get hot (the driver gets a little warm but you can fix that by using the extension that comes with light and put it outside of your tent. I love love my light!! You won’t be sorry you bought it if you do!!! Hope this helps growmie!

5 Likes

I was on a budget with lighting but needed to upgrade from some cheap Amazon lights, so gave GB a shot thinking I’d just do one harvest with them, impressed me so much I just got more of them as I expanded. I’ve got 4 of their lights now, impressed by the good quality components and low heat the drivers make.
Sure HLG is top dog, but in my opinion GB is like 90% of the quality for 50% of the price lol

7 Likes

This is all awesome thanks guys I really appreciate it! Hey just curious if when you water them the branches and leaves seem to go up instead of droop what does that mean lol

1 Like

That they were thirsty, needed the water to refill their leaves. :v: good sign.

Here’s photos of when I almost killed my plant via under-watering.

Before water:

After water:

Don’t have pics but today she’s back to full up and praying toward the light.

4 Likes

Alright cool just cuz I had used slightly warmer water than I had been think I had been using water that was tool cold they would droop right over. Now they are pointing up lol it’s the weirdest thing

1 Like

Im not sure about tents from mars hydro, they may be alright. Wouldn’t buy Mars light though.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m leaning towards the GB lights. Good price apparently from the sounds of it great results works for me :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

You know I’m always around when Green Beams are being discussed. Slowpoke is my best example - my GG4 auto that was all kinds of abused ended up yielding 8 oz. They all loved the upgraded light, but she loved it the best.

My current plant, the Space Queen Sally Ride, is currently growing rock hard buds under the GBs.

Maybe someday I’ll shop HLG (maybe next October?) but given that I have a 3x3, I think the 480W I have with my two GB lights are plenty for my grow space. I’m pretty sure the two of them cost less than a comparable HLG lamp.

2 Likes

All I can contribute to the conversation is that I’ve never grown indoors and this is my first light …however I am extremely happy with how it’s going

I got the 480 because I have a 4x4 and plan on expanding …another note my GB 480 is running at 50 percent power and this tent is about 23 days old …the 4 smaller ones were started from seed right in the tent under the GB at 30 percent power if that
The larger one in the middle was started in early sept outdoors and brought into the tent when the seeds were planted in the other fabric pots
Another side note all yeti wedding plants by @Graysin

Haha an after thought
I should stop referring to the one in the middle as larger and say farther along lol

4 Likes

Woohoo! Starting to see some trichombs! And starting to smell wonderful! :drooling_face::drooling_face::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Looks like the autos stretch in blue dream fashion. The photos put on some fat cola’s, so following along to see how the autos grow… looking good!

5 Likes

They finally seem to have stopped going up lol had to raise the lights like 3-4 times they just wouldn’t stop! Starting to get a bit of a fruity smell which makes sense believe blue dream is a blueberry crossed strain

2 Likes

Man they smell good! Squeezed a bud on one and it is such a fruity smell gotta love blue dream :metal:

2 Likes

So I’m seeing another flush is due this week in like 2-3 days. If I needed to feed them, could I do the flush then feed them at the same time after the flush is done or just flush and wait till dry then feed?

Just don’t wanna stress them with too much all at once, or maybe they can handle it idk that’s why I love asking you guys! The advice you’ve given has been very helpful appreciate it guys :heart:

Remind me again - are you using Sledgehammer to do the flush/using Fox Farms nutes? That will guide my answer regarding the flush.

Yes using sledgehammer from fox farms along with their trio nutes

1 Like

I’ll phone @Newt but I believe feeding is pretty quick after the flush.

Feed as soon as the soul has fully dried after the Sledgehammer flush. From FF:

To perform a flush with the Sledgehammer product, you will want to prepare the mixture at a rate of 2 tsp per gallon of water. You will use the Sledgehammer standalone. Pour the solution over the soil and use about twice as much solution to flush as you would if you were normally watering or feeding. For example, if on a normal watering you use a half gallon, for a flush you would use a whole gallon. Once this is done, let the soil dry completely. After that you can pick up with the next feeding as scheduled.

4 Likes

Soil… If your soul is dried, that’s an entirely different issue. :wink:

4 Likes

Alright that’s what I was figuring. I’ll feed them after it dries

1 Like