First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

@Docnraq hey so just fed one of them after a flush. Only did half strength just because soil has been very acidic and I just wanted to see how they would react. The runoff is around 750 after the feeding so would I feed next watering too?

I also fed the other plant the other day with half strength, it’s the smaller of the two and has not been eating nearly as much. The runoff from that was more around 1000 which I liked to see.

And if I feed it should it be full strength? Feel like it should be if runoff was this low from half strength

Might I ask why you aren’t feeding it full strength?

Well long story short i have two plants that survived from what I originally planted. One of them has noticeably less vegetation and has been consuming nutes at a much slower pace than the other. I chalk it up to underdeveloped roots so I feed it half strength and everything has been looking good there

The bigger one has had very acidic soil and I had been getting some runoff numbers that were all over the place. So I thought feeding it half strength as well would be a safe move but the runoff was low so I think I should have just gave it full strength.

After it dries for today (about 2 full days) I’m gonna give it a full strength feeding, think that’s the way to go. Just wanted to ask to be sure

2 Likes

Feed it full strength and if the numbers come back way off hit itbwith a quart or two phd water, till the runoff looks like you want it.

2 Likes

You can basically put as much water as you want in coco as long as you don’t water too close together before dry correct?

2 Likes

Ive not used coco but I bet @ShockDog or @Mrs.ShockDog could answer

2 Likes

This is basically true for all mediums. You can water a pot of soil with 1 gallon of water or 4 gallons, sort of just depends on what your purpose is.

You can water coco much more frequently than you can water soil, because coco becomes hydrophobic if it dries out totally. It is also much harder to overwater because it only has 40-70% water retention capability in most cases, so even fully saturated coco isn’t the same as fully saturated soil by way of depriving your roots of oxygen.

1 Like

Thank you for putting that into perspective for me. Maybe I should water more. Right now it’s every three days or so

1 Like

I would increase frequency to once every other day. It’s sort of contrary to the advice that coco needs daily watering, but I’ve personally observed my plants seem to like 36-48 hr waterings until they’re out of veg and into flower. Once they flower, they need watering every 24 hours pretty much on the dot.

I hope it was a helpful tangent. :100::v:

1 Like

Very much so thank you as always!

Here is better pic of wife cake and wedding cake #3.

1 Like

I don’t see any evidence of flower or even sex for that matter in WC #3.

1 Like

Crap my fault. This was supposed to be in my thread. Didn’t know I was answering to the watering blue dream thread.

1 Like

I agree. I’m not seeing it yet either. Although Wedding Cake is a notorious strain for being slow to decide to flower, and having a real looooong transition. It’ll feel like she’s in veg forever and then suddenly overnight she’ll be budding up and throwing frost left and right. It was an odd experience and none of my others have done that except one I’ve got growing now, who’s mother was a Wedding Cake so it makes sense she’s doing it to me. Took 45 days from seed to start flowering - her other sister seeds have been taking between 22 and 30.

1 Like

Something isn’t adding up here. I just did the full strength feeding. Ppm out was still only in 700s. Ppm in was like 800+. Could it be because I use a gallon of water with the feed in it then put a half gallon of just plain water through it?

I’ve been doing that right along and they seem to be happy and the buds are getting frosty and smell soooo good to the touch. Might be just worrying too much too

1 Like

Yes. Next time plain water first, then feed. If runoff looks good leave her set if not put another quart or two plain water in until it does.

1 Like

Alright well I’ve fed her twice this week so should I feed again next watering? I just did it today so idk if I can just go back and do it now I’m watering my smaller one now

1 Like

Your call, if you do feed more today you want it to be a little lighter then the last and go slow like a quart at a time. You want to make sure to pour slow too so that the medium can pick up as many nutes as possible try and get that runoff above 1000ppm.

If you dont, feed again next watering as described above.

Yeah think I’ll just do it after I finish with the small one. And I have gotten better at going slow. I’ll pour like a quart or so then let it soak up for a bit then pour again

1 Like

This is exactly my tactic also.I play a round of video golf in between quarts.

1 Like