First time ever, with NL Auto

Hello guys!
This is my first time ever growing. It’s not the best setup, the weather is very hot and it’s the very best conditions I can have now. They are RQS Northern Light Automatic.
They sprouted 4 days ago, but i had problems with the light, so they only went under the light 2 days ago. The temperatures inside the tent are at 31ºC, I can’t lower that more for now with the very hot weather and room I have for them. I know it’s not ideal but it’s what I can have right now.
I’m very worried about them not growing for the last 2 or 3 days. I hope they are not stunned! Is it normal for the plants do be this small and this weak with almost one week?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Its looking like your light is too far away as they are stretching for it. At this stage it is not uncommon for them to not really grow as they are putting out roots but I would move your lights a bit closer.

2 Likes

Thanks friend! They went for 3 days without light because I had a light problem, I think that’s when they streched. The first night of light i left it a bit further afraid of burning the seedlings, but yesterday i put the light 30cm from them.

Forgot to mention this:
The light is 150w HPS and the tent is 80x80x160cm.

No more water right now , get a small fan to make them dance a little will help stiffen the stem up, drop the light a bit. You can get a clear plastic cup and dome them and spritz the inside of the cup twice a day

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I’ve been watering them at least 2 times a day because the soil gets super dry from the heat. I strugle to know the right amout of water so i use a sprinkler to pray the soil around them until the top of it get a little wet. This grow is gonna be such a strugle!

You have to be super careful not to over water, you can stunt the auto, I’ve only been growing for a year , but from my understanding the seedling is not taking water through the roots at this stage. Also can lead to gnats by keeping the top soil wet

And you don’t want to water directly on plant or stem , make 2 inch ring around the stem

So it’s not a problem now to let them grow on dry soil now? Damn it, i just watered them again this morning before coming to work :expressionless:
The photo with the lights on was taken this morning after watering them, i hope the soil doesn’t look to wet.

In my opinion, which could be wrong ,I wouldn’t water for another week

1 Like

So basicaly seedlings will do better with dry soil?

That’s the way I do it, I was told they take their moisture in through their leafs this early on, hence the reason for the dome or high humidity

2 Likes

My concern is that they barely have leafs at this point! :roll_eyes:
Thanks for your advices bro… later today i will try the plastic cup dome!

1 Like

Welcome ! I would start by doing a little backfill by raising the level of the dirt in the pot to help support stem . Also small fan create a little air flow make the ladies dance a little help to strengthen the stems. Good luck

4 Likes

Thank you so much, i will do that!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ve been here a few months ago asking for advice for my growing setup and people were such a great help, so I figured out that nobody better than this community would help me better during this new process for me!

2 Likes

Do you guys think that 30cm (12 inches) distance from the light to the seedlings is ok? The temperatures reach 31ºC (88ºF), so i’m a little afraid to get them too close and burn the seedlings. The light is a 150w HPS.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about the 31c. I live in Florida and have had AC problems recently. 31c is very common in my tent. At those temps you will want high humidity though. Google vpd for cannabis and you will find some charts showing you where you want to be.

As for the light distance. If they are stretching your too far away. I think with those kind of lights you use the hand test to determine good distance. If the light is hot on your hand at canopy level too close. Not warm = too far away.

3 Likes

Thanks for your tips!
I read online that plants can survive well this temperatures, but because my plants are Northern Lights and they do better in colder climates, I was afraid this was already too hot for them.

1 Like