First time ever, with NL Auto

This might be a stupid question but…
If the soil is completly dry, with a 11l pot, more or less how much water is enough when watering them? This is one of my hardest struggles since i am a begginer. I never know if i’m watering too much or not enough. :thinking:

1 Like

Good question, I always pick my pots up to get a fill of the weight when they’re dry. Also check the weight after watering. As time goes on plants get bigger they consume more water. And maybe every 3 days watering will become ever two days. The weight of the pot and the droop of the leafs. Also cloth fabric pots are more forgiving.

1 Like

I have already got a feeling of my pots when dry, but i don’t know the weight of them with the right amount of water because i don’t know if i ever watered them correctly. I’ve been watering them twice a day, very small amounts (i think), because the light dries it very fast.
I’m sorry for this noob questions, i know these are things you can’t teach me by “words”. I really don’t wanna mess this up because i’ve put all my savings into my setup and i’m risking a lot to do it where i live, where it’s illegal to grow… these are my first “babies” :hugs:

What i can do is later today make a video of me watering them and maybe that would give you a better notion if i’m doing it right or wrong.

1 Like

Personally I don’t like the idea of water every day and definitely not twice a day. Cannabis likes to go from a wet to dry if I water good on Monday to runoff I let the pots dry out it might be Thursday before I water again . As plants get bigger it could be every other day. When plants are small water in a circular pattern let roots go searching for the water. You are correct your seedlings don’t need a lot of water small amount. If you use the Dome over your seedlings Mist inside of the Dome couple times a day. But after maybe ten days I usually get rid of the Dome.

2 Likes

Until you approximately 1-2 measuring cups of water out of the bottom. Or more.

Thanks for the reply… I’m sorry, i didn’t quite understand what you tried to tell me :thinking:
What kind of measuring cups? You mean 1 or 2 cups or half a cup?
I also didn’t understand what you mean by “water out of the bottom”
Thanks and sorry!

This would be additional water coming out of the bottom. This is called “run off”. I would at at least 2
Cups of run off. This is enough water to know that you’ve watered thoroughly. Someone else mentioned picking up the pot to feel how heavy it is. That’s a good way to measure too, but you still want to visibly see water come out of the bottom. You know that the medium is watered, and coming out of the bottom of the container.

No worries. If you have more questions, ask away.

2 Likes

Thanks mate!
I’ve been adviced to water them very little when they are seedlings. Wouldn’t water it until it drips from the bottom be to much water in this phase?

1 Like

Do you have a exhaust currently?

Yes, I was referring to when they get larger. Sorry for not being clearer.

Following along, I’m waiting on NL Autos to get here. Have a happy day :blush:

1 Like

So…
Yesterday I followed your advices. I’ve lowered the light a bit more and added more soil to the pots to “hide” the streching. I also felt that the pots where very light, so I’ve put water in the plates of the pots. It absorved very quickly, it was thirsty!
Later today I will post some pictures of the babies!
You guys (and girls of course) are awesome, I love this comunity!
Sending good vibes to all of you, may life smile a lot to all of you! :heart:

2 Likes

I wish you the best luck! Have an awesome day too! :relaxed:

1 Like

Hey fellows!
As promissed, here’s a picture of them today! The lights are lower than before and I added a little soil I still had to hide the stretching a bit. They still look the same, it’s making me go crazy! It’s gonna be a week tomorrow that they popped out of the soil. Grooow babies, grooow! :crossed_fingers::thinking::grin:

So yesterday night i found one of my babies laying sideways with the stem broken and yellowish. I don’t know what happened :persevere: i tried to hide the smem under the soil so it doesn’t move, but i think she’s dying… This is so frustating on my first try to grow :frowning: