First Journal. Second grow, beginner all advice welcome :) DWC

Looking good bro!

So i trimmed all big fan leaves off a couple days ago.

Plant 1

Plant 2

I think i have to trim them already

These girls are loving the torture !!!

3 Likes

The more light you let in the more she will want to <------> instead of ^^^

Its all new to me with the setup i have. Its larger res larger tent. Crap i think i upgraded every aspect except the 3 pails.
So i have all the great equipment now. Just need to learn tons more.
Also last grow was autos and i only did lst on 1 plant to see the difference.
Just trying to get trimming down correctly with fimming and lst. And when that doesnt seem rite i just smash their heads down flat lmao and they live through the flattening down to the pail. Its a great learning experience on these two for me.
The best hobby ever !!!

2 Likes

one bit of advice, is don’t over trim the fan leaves, I seem to remember, never go over 1/3… I did and they just stop for a few days.

Did you know super cropping is simulating a catastrophic event in the plants life such as a deer biting the head off the plant or heavy wind or a tree branch falls just right …I makes the plant feel it has no top so it gives signal to the rest of the branches …hey tall u know no ones at the top so branches start growing fast …do the the same thing to them next thing you know you got an. Awsome structure going

2 Likes

Time for an update.
Plants are growing great but i haven’t a clue when i should start a scrog.

Also do i keep trimming fan leaves as needed ?

I will be tying branches down on weekend on 1st plant. Second plant is still short. It was a slow starter and at least a week behind.

1st plant

2nd plant

8 Likes

How old are these plants? How high above the bucket are you planning to put your net? How large are you making your net? All these things make a difference. Will be happy to help what I can.

P.S. your plants look good

2 Likes

4x8 tent with 2 plants.
I never did a scrog so i dont know what size to make it.
They may be 3 weeks or 4 possibly i really dont keep track because this is more of a hobby to me than anything else. Time in veg doesnt matter to me how long it goes. I want looks and quality.

Here are pics with a regular soda bottle next to plants to show height.

Oh snap these grew a lot over a couple days.

Plant 1.
Is a week older

I am a journeyman carpenter and have no tapemeasure at home lmao.

![image|666x500]
(upload://b8mphuMwhVnIuvuPRJ8D5mvUsZy.jpeg)

Plant 2 the baby

And here is space i have above them. Center pail not in use because of me screwing up a plant.

All suggestions are helpful. Remember i have no clue how to trim or scrog. Maybe trimmed 2 times the huge fan leaves off.

@fano_man @dbrn32 @Rocketman
Any tips from you are greatly appreciated

Need most help in training,scrog,and well everything except climate and nutrients, i have that down great.

Thank you in advance for any help you have to share.

Also @Grandaddy013 please share your tips. I love the scrogs i see that you do. Its amazing.

1 Like

This was my first scrog but it’s pretty self explanatory once a branch grows through screen super crop and go back into another a whole …some super cropping stays under net some on top so you can lock her into the screen that’s what I found this is my first scrog they were originally mothers that’s only mine were si tall that’s where l could super crop the lowest to make them all even but it worked out fine I see people talking about how the screens are much better suited for a person when they are higher off the ground well your plant doesn’t have to grow up to the screen you can put your plant up on a pedestal and make a high screen anyway so think of that

2 Likes

Sounds like it is going to be fun for me.

I just dont know when to even start a scrog or what size is best for spacing.
I have read a bit on them but cant remember when to start.

Ill go in my tent to start planning and next i know i did no planning and just stared at the ladies for a half hour. Repeating this daily and getting nowhere in the planning of a scrog.
I can easily build one. But damn if i can just focus on it.

I grew in 20gal containers, one plant per 4x4 screen. I had my screen 13" above containers, to give me room to get under them, and let them grow through approximately 8". At this time I would supercrop, and start tying them to the top of the net. Once screen was approximately 60% full, I would flip lights and continue tying down to the top of net until they showed pistils, or got too rigid.

2 Likes

before this you were topping weekly?

I did try a fim on each of my plants once . Dont know if it did anything.

Ill set up a scrog next weekend if i am not working. I think ill make one that can slide up if needed to get to roots for anything.

Also i currently have lights at about 30” yet they dont grow tall to fast. The lazy one ( #2 ) wont get off the bucket it seems. Ill add pics if i remember of under their canopy. Its crazy growth going on. I think.

I would be happy to help, but I typically use completely opposite growing methods.

1 Like

im doing pretty much the same and im topping everything every 3-6 days,

1 Like

Most people try n quick scrog but if I did it again I’d do the same thing because I feel the stalk size is what supports all them buds equally you need a nice fire hose of a trunk to supply all the fire up top

I come from outdoor and lst, and didn’t really get the full point till recently. what topping does is essentially doubles your main bud sites each time, but its more then that it attacks it, so it stimulates… everything, root grow more, the steams swell, the plant stays smallish but becomes angry each time becoming more manageable, because they are all the same height,

then it fights back… and then you top again, doubling its bud sites and making it angrier.

1 Like

I took a photo to show what I mean,

so its swelled and nowhere to go then it bursts with all those little tiny pairs at the nodes into heads and grows an inch or two… then i strait away top them. again. :grinning:

3 Likes