First grow with real genetics

@Breezy I took your advice and I trimmed up 3 out of 5 today. What do you think? Should I go more?

I took a bunch more two days ago.

I think I’m gonna leave the other 2 and play the tucking game with those leaves just to see if it makes any difference to taste or effectiveness.

2 Likes

I left the larger leaves that were on the bottom of the canopy. Should I be removing them as well?

1 Like

There’s no right or wrong answer here haha. some people will say to never remove the leaves while others literally remove all of them. Your ladies look good to me. Just remember if the leaves are covering bud sites then they need to go. If they’re not covering any bud sites leave them. As for the lower leaves you asked about I would say you could leave them as long as they’re not blocking bud sites. You just want to have good airflow and light penetration. Leaves stacked on top of each other is asking for mold/bud rot.

1 Like

Airflow has been lacking up to this point. It’s not because of a lack of fans or exhaust. I just had a friend try to lollipop his blue dream and just completely slaughtered it to the point he never recovered. But he also had anything that could go wrong go wrong. That is the reason I have shyed away from heavy trimming.

This sucks!!! I am down to my last bud and won’t have any ready for probably 3 more weeks or so. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I hate hate hate running out…

1 Like

And my lack of airflow probably caused the mite infestations.

2 Likes

Doubled up my ac to the tent, fed the girls, now if I could only rush the drying and curing process for a small amount I would be totally set!!! Half way thru week 4

The temp is 73 and dropping with the humidity of 43%

4 Likes

Looking bomb dot com!

1 Like

I have been trimming instead of tucking those leaves and I can see a difference already

Thank you for all the bits of advice @Breezy

1 Like

I trimmed last friday and if you looked in my
tent right now you wouldn’t even be able to tell. They’ve already filled out and need to be trimmed again!

1 Like

Let the trim session begin…

I went pretty hard on those 2

I didn’t go as hard on those 3 @Breezy

2 Likes

Just a question but is it too late to lollipop??

Tomorrow is the end of week 4

@Nicky her are my girls. Today is the last day of week 4. I have not been one who trims out leaves and this is my 4th attempt. Breezy has gotten me to try some new things like super cropping the tall girl and trimming to improve airflow. I was too scared to go much further than I have.

Here are a few pictures

4 Likes

They look good.
If they were my plants ide Lolipop them like so
But I’m in coco and you seem to be in soil?
So you need to be careful in soil I would do maybe half the mass then wait 4 says and do the rest.

Also you could leave them as is and get some fluffy popcorn larfy buds but have a plan as to what you want to do with those and the trim.
You can do a dry ice quich wash to get a concentrate, or make bubble hash, or make coconut oil.
Those are the best options really without much investing

2 Likes

I have been doing butter and or coconut oil. Really wanting to get a press but I have a lot of wants lol. I’m gonna follow your instructions and go up a little more but I just trimmed yesterday. Today is the first time I have ever checked my runoff ever. It was 1.7 PPT not sure how to convert over to PPM yet. The ph was 5.6. @Nicky thank you for the advice. 3 more days and I will strip the bottoms up more.

2 Likes

0.0000017 PPM is that good?

1 Like

That’s incorrect.
What meter do you have?

It is the hanna dist I cannot get it to read in ppm. It only reads ppt

@Nicky here are my water meters

1 Like