First grow using Worm Poo as medium

Changes made and additional lighting coming.
Well I decided to add a timer to the house of hydro humidifier build because of the lower temps with lights off the humidity was too high and the set point for daytime temps at 60% and an offset of 8% (52%) was still too high depending on when the 52% was reached the unit would come on and reach back up to 60% too close to lights out and dark time RH was too high this way when Timer cuts power about 90 minutes prior to lights out to allow levels to be within range as lights out temps go down will dial that in as night temps get down to around 71f and target RH going for around 50% but has been in the 60% range. Checked this morning and when setting timer last night had it on military time but had set time wrong so wasn’t running so adjusted the clock to correct time…all is good

I also ordered one HLG 240 XL last night for the veg to be flower tent #2.

Still haven’t harvested the second white widow extreme as wasn’t quite ready but it is still bulking up a lot and Trichomes still not there yet.

May be today.

The 2 Waikiki Queens and the 2 Pineapple Express are still not ready yet. Another week or so for them is my guess.

The Medijuana I harvested last Friday night should be ready to jar today and will post things when that’s done.

Thanks for tuning in and HAGD

5 Likes

Finishing up nicely :+1:t3:

I use an Ink Bird humidity controller for my diy 5 gal bucket humidifiers. Maintains humidity within +- 5° of set point.

3 Likes

Final trim of Medijuana tonight ended up with 247g or 8.7 zips at jar time. Not sure how much more weight they lose during the cure.

Smoked some and is still fresh and doesn’t have too much of anything as far as smell and flavors but the effects are nice. Looking forward to a few weeks from now after initial cure…burp

6 Likes

Wanna charge your BioChar?

https://www.boogiebrew.net/blackowl-char/

5 Likes

Lookin good as always.

1 Like

So some of my seedlings are experiencing difficulties and I’m not sure why they would be this early on. Maybe I had the light too close earlier on but have been raising it up. At first they were stretching too much.

ILGM Autos Jack, Bubblegum and OG Cush all tailed first and then planted into FF light warrior with some MYCO on 9-22 and all popped up within the next 3 days or so.
Day 78f/70% night 71f/70%

Watering with RO water alternating from top and bottom wicking up.
Noticed some of them getting brown spots on first set of leaves happening regardless of strain. The other day I decided to top dress a small Cocaine type lines worth of dry fish hydrolysate. To clarify the issue was happening before I top dressed. I only top dressed those showing the issue.

Will be watering them again today or tomorrow but not sure why they would start showing this after only 2 weeks from seed tail.

My light is 2 amp from wall with 4 cobs and blue and red 3watt diodes
Have been raising it up daily

Any ideas on this?
Thinking it looks like calcium deficiency I haven’t been PH Ing the RO water as per someone on here kept telling me if you don’t have stuff in your water the water doesn’t need to be PHed as it will take the PH of the soil but I’m not 100% sure this is the case.

Thinking I might wanna water next with some calcium supplement.

Any ideas anyone ?
@Mrcrabs @Budbrother @elheffe702 @S.FloridaSwampman
@garrigan62 @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32

Will be able to move three of them into 3 gallon pots used last grow that I re amended but the rest will need to wait longer until I have all the components in place for soil build and tent space etc. before moving them into their final homes which will be a combination of 45 gallon root maker 2 soft side containers and 3 gallon pots for the grow

3 Likes

Yup. They screaming calmag. Its amazingly early. I was thinking maybe the bottom wicking was overwatering it. But the spots scream cal deficiency

3 Likes

It look like cal mag def, But your soil seem well rounded for seedlings, its got your microbes :microbe: , humic acid , oyster shell for slow release calcium and ph buffer , just a heads up before adding more calcium plus the fish fertilizer also contained 5% calcium , hmmm gots me puzzled. Let hope the line of fish fertilizer gets them on track, probably won’t seek results till a week from now. :+1:

3 Likes

I had problems with light warrior too. Unfortunately I didn’t spend much time troubleshooting, just transplanted and called it a day. Used remainder of bag to cut ocean forest and haven’t purchased since.

Do you still have some in bag? Thinking I would throw some fresh in a cup and water through to get a baseline on runoff. Potential issue may stand out like sore thumb.

6 Likes

Great idea dbrn! I have one of them that didn’t come up so I can just use that to water for run off to check PH and PPM and as all came from same bag should be the same. I do have more from that same bag but I would think that the one peat pot without launch should work as well. Weird thing is I used that same bag for my last batch and didn’t have any issues and they were in that soil much longer than these have been. Maybe it was the lighting being to close earlier on as that is the only difference from the previous round where I used T5 lights and not this one. Hmm

Yea crabs the Fish Hydro I added for that reason for the calcium. Seems like the weird things come my way.
I will be putting the 3 most affected ones into their final 3 gallon pots in a day or so and hopefully things will settle down with them.

The rest of them will be going into what I just started mixing today the super soil and will be a week before I consider using it to fill the other containers. I realize that it should cook longer but using it for the bottom half of containers will give it more time until the roots get down there from the top 1/2 of Roots organic ROD and green fields at a 50/50 mix. I’m also waiting on the harvest of the final ones in the flower tent where these will end up.

Got tired of waiting for the photo boost strips (been 2 months and was on the email notification list and never was notified) so I ordered a HLG 260xl and it will be here Thursday for the other tent which will be flipped then.

Thanks for the input everyone

4 Likes

Hello, @Skydiver, Good to hear from you, and a pleasure to always see your next lineup. I have started shying away from advice, but you have always been solid. There are two observations that popped up that are indicators that I will bring to your attention, yet you may have already noticed it making it rhetorical. Sometimes in my life the obvious is sometimes the most in obvious. Germination of different strains can react different to the medium, water, and nutes. I looked at the pictures you posted, and the upper leaves are for the most part healthy, green, and without blemish. It could simply be when the seeds took initially it threw them off a bit causing the spotting on the starter leaves; consequently, however, it seems they have adapted because the upper growth is looking beautiful. I had the identical issue in the past, so I didn’t take anymore chances by starting my seeds in seed starting soil. I would use a small pot with my regular soil, but I would leave a hole in the center to fill with seef starter soil 1.25 " deep & 1.5" wide to avoid exactly what your new babies are showing. I am wrong quite often, but it looks for the pictures that they have straightened it out on their own. Keep a vigilant eye, yet it’s food for thought because fresh soil doesn’t usually cause deficiencies in any grow initially. I think you are out of the woods if thdy keep growing, stay green without spotting on newest growth. Hopefully, this may help you. Please let me know the outcome, and have a great Day.

P.S.If you would like a pic of the seed starter soil, then I will send upon request

2 Likes

@Skydiver, I stand by my conviction that whatever the issue it has become a non issue now. The top growth is getting deeper green, and very minimal spots on the top two nodes. Your plants are healthy in the recent growth, and that’s all that matters at this point in your grow. What is your thinking? I always like to get others thoughts, and I will not respond. I am just a curious soul. Thanks, Brent

2 Likes

hey skydiver! i’m super late to this game. tried to scroll through to see your thoughts on the worm poop but looks like you have a few different grows going on? you got a summary for how it worked out for you? saw some bags at my grow store today and it got me curious.

1 Like

I vote use it, and I have implement it in every grow almost my entire life. You don’t have to get this hard core, but if you are able to add live worms to your grow from a fishing shop/on line it helps fo several things that are important to a healthy harvest. Sorry, but I had to answer because years back people chuckled about Worm Castings, Worms, in a Grow.Best of Luck
P.S.Thos is not Shydiver, and I just read before sending. Use @ symbol before call name to alert the Contact.

1 Like

you use it just like any soil? i was going to do a separate run of organic dry amendments in soil for fun next to my regular grow.

Makes sense as long as the new growth doesn’t start showing issues.
Time will tell

2 Likes

For what it is worth i use Canna terra have had no problems from seedlings, clones, to Harvest.

1 Like

I always have worm poo around and use it in every plant.
My title for this thread was trying to grow one plant entirely with only worm poo and i did that but the issue I ran into was that plant was very slow growing and was behind the others by a lot. After awhile I needed up top dressing dry nutrients into the worm poo as the plant was needing more than the straight poo could deliver. When I transplanted it instead of using 100% worm poo like I did in the 1 gallon pot I used soil etc.

I always use worm poo in the soil mix as well as top dressing from time to time during the grow as it brings great things (little critters) to the soil food web.

That’s about all I use is dry amendments for my grows. Sometimes the dry amendment gets put in the feed water but most often is either incorporated into the soil from the start or added to the top of the soil and scratched in during the grow.

5 Likes

cool that’s what i was wondering - using it 100%. going organic next round and there is poop in it but your thread title totally caught my eye. thanks!

1 Like

Definitely some reasonable thoughts. Any of them seem possible.

2 Likes