First grow using Worm Poo as medium

Where do I sign up? And do they help with job placement?

2 Likes

Actually it is local union 77ā€¦ because you get 8 moreā€¦than at the local 69!!!

2 Likes

All you can eat fish fry on Fry days at the red light district

3 Likes

Youā€™ll have to drive me lmaoā€¦but Iā€™d go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Morning all
Flower tent pics

7 Likes

DLI

1 Like

Nice read. The end hits me with a question i had since i orderd my CBD heavy seedsā€¦ since trichs are THC bubblesā€¦ and i want prime CBDā€¦ whats the harvest window there? Do i go by trichs? Is there a moreā€¦ cbd friendly harvest window? Dammit now i gotta go google stuff

2 Likes

Great questions
Let us know what you find out cause I donā€™t have a clue - yet lol

1 Like

Pics of the Autos
Seeds from ILGM
4 Jack H
4 Bubble Gum
4 OG Cush
And I also dropped 4 seeds I got from my last Jack H
All of the Original ILGM seeds broke through except 1 Jack and so far only 1 Jack from my harvest has come up but they were a day behind the others.

Will be harvesting the Medijuana plant in a couple days or so and the second WWX a day or so after that. Then Iā€™ll move the seedlings into that tent once the other 4 have been harvested over the next week or 2.

Also need to cull one of my big veg plants as I am unable to cure whatever is happening to her like the other 3 smaller ones that went limp and died. Must be root worms maybe but things Iā€™ve tried havenā€™t worked to save them. Used flying skull nuke em and also tried Azamax drenches. Oh well just wish I knew what it was that caused them to die so I can better treat if it happens again.
This was the start of the droop of death on sept 19th just like the other 3 earlier and as of today Iā€™m gonna be pulling the plug on her tonight or tomorrow.

At least that will free up much needed room to flower all 13 plants especially because she was a Pineapple Express and they can take up a lot of horizontal real estate which I didnā€™t have much of.
Also waiting on restock of the PLC photo boost strips as I need more light in the veg tent to flower. Hope they are available soon or I may need to find another strip build option.

Hope you all are doing well and HAGD

7 Likes

Dude i saw ur update when u made it. Spent the last two hours researching my questions aboveā€¦ fking internet sucksā€¦

Long story short u can:
A. Harvest early. Just before 50-75% milky, thc isnt quite as highā€¦ cbd and thc seem to start around the same time. So if u chop before ā€˜peakā€™ thc u have a better ratio
B. Chop around 8 weeks regardless
C. Let her go to amber and get more cbd AND cbn (sleepy meds) in ratio to thc (since it degraded)
D. Just grow high thc strains n say fk it.

Edit: back to the updateā€¦ wats with the droop of death. Meant to ask about that. And always build more lights

1 Like

Thanks for the infoā€¦good to know!

Droop of death ā€¦ I donā€™t know whatā€™s causing it nor how to treat it.
It just happened? Gonna chop her up and put in fireplace and toss the mite infested and ?root worm? Infested soil outside instead of recycling for another grow. Gonna need to do that with all that tents soil when grows complete as they all have mites.

Iā€™m Going to be making one similar to this guys video
Will be getting the 5 disc unit and buying an ink bird ITC 608T from eBay for $46 instead of their offering at house of hydro.
With winter coming and the dryer air with it I donā€™t want to struggle to maintain proper humidity and temps to get a good range for VDP and this set up will allow me to better control humidity in both adjoining rooms with the 2 tents rather than using the smaller humidifiers that only put out about 1 gallon per day this will allow up to 1/2 gallon per hour if needed.
Had looked at this product about 6 months ago but havenā€™t pulled the trigger until tonight. Hopefully Iā€™ve sized it correctly to meet the plants needs.

4 Likes

Harvested my first Medijuana last night.
Took all but 3 branches that I had pollinated as it didnā€™t look like the seeds were developed enough and I have the room atm so I put what was left back into flower tent

Wet trim was just at 2 Lbs.

Also did the final trim and Jared the White widow extreme I chopped on Monday. Didnā€™t weigh things but looks like around 8-9 zips

Will be putting the second White Widow in the time out room tonight or tomorrow for a day or 2 before the chop.

15 of 16 seeds have come up in the cow pots and will be going into either 3 gal pots and or the large 45 gallon containers Iā€™ve yet to use as the flower tent empties out.
There are 4 left in there after I remove the second WWX in a day. The others might have a week 2 at max.

7 Likes

Congrats. Sweet chop. Good luck on the seeds

U Looking all professional with a table and everything lolā€¦ jeez thatā€™s a good haul
I bet youā€™re walking around with a button up shirt on but the top 4 are undone so all that chest hair can fly free :slight_smile: lmao

2 Likes

Funny thing is I was in the spare bedroom checking on the seedlings in the closet and had just jarred the widow and thought thatā€™s gonna suck hauling them all down to the basement and I looked over at the furniture which I never used and opened it up and dam of it doesnā€™t fit quart jars perfectly about 12 per shelf and 3 shelves so now I have a new spot for them. Keeps me out of the light too!

Used to wear button shirts with ties and suit the whole shebang for work. But otherwise all t shirts for me! Chest hairs hahaha with what I have there you might need a jewelers loop to see em

Thanks for the compliments.

I think Iā€™ve finally figured out that VDP is important and that my humidity was way too low in flower. All I kept reading was in flower to keep humidity down at 40% or lower in late flower but all that did was mess up my grow with 80-82f temps.
Should have my new house of hydro parts in today and will build the box to keep my 2 rooms humidity levels proper for grows.
I know based on the VPD chart that the humidity is way higher than I was keeping it but was concerned about too high and bud rot.

Do any of you keep humidity up even in flower based on using the VPD chart?

Of course depending on temps in the winter here things will change but looks like I need about 60-65% in flower at 80f and I understand I think that this chart will work for all stages of grow just need to use the lower numbers for clones .08-1.0 and the veg at 1.0-1.2 while flower 1.2-1.5 for all the sweet spots. The other charts for those I think all they will show differently is the colors for the sweet spots move to the left of selecting say veg or clone instead of flower.
Iā€™ve also been seeing leaf temps to be the same or a tad higher than tent temps which surprised me as what Iā€™ve read that under LED they would be lower than tent temps.
VPD
DLI
Quality lights
Healthy soil
Good seed
Watering
I think these are the boxes Iā€™ll be checking off moving forward with all the other crap falling mostly by the wayside with PH and PPM and all that micro management stuff.
Just by getting my humidity levels up this past week or 2 the flower girls are looking much better.

Does anyone else use the VPD chart and keep their humidity up during flower based on their temps? With no real worries for bud rot as long as night temp/humidity is also in line?

3 Likes

This one was provided to me by @blackthumbbetty when I was asking about the same thing. I am lower on rh last couple weeks of flower though than the chart, like 35-40.

3 Likes

Interesting

4 Likes

Thanks for posting the chart @zparkie2

Well Iā€™ve been running the new humidifier for the last 12 hours or so and am dialing things in but am impressed on its ability to bump up the humidity in both rooms.
Finally figured out the inkbird ITC-608T and moved the sensor into the flower tent and set it at 64% with a 5% offset and the flower tent is 78f and 58% Rh and the veg tent in the other room is 76f and 55% RH and the room the humidifier is in (same as flower tent) is 71f and 69% RH.

The pic doesnā€™t do justice to how much moisture is being put out. The container has about 20 gallons of RO water with 1 gallon of tap as they suggest a minimum of 15PPM so by adding the tap it gets it just about perfect without having to worry about all the hard water problems I had last winter that clogged my furnace filter and pre filter on the carbon filter when I used all tap water. Once the rooms stabilize with RH after a day or so Iā€™ll better be able to know how fast it will go through water but again that will change as the winter approaches with dryer air.
Didnā€™t caulk anything yet as Iā€™m not worried about drips on the floor as itā€™s concrete and will just help with RH. Spent some time figuring out what to use as the exhaust pipes. Best and cheapest and quickest so far is an empty quart container that the soup comes in from the Chinese restaurant lol free and found another use for the plastic and as itā€™s recessed into the lid I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have to caulk it. I simply cut off the bottom of container and cut the hole slightly larger and fits like a glove.
This thing is way better than using the prebuilt humidifiers I used before!

Humidity in the tents prior were in the 35-45% range and was way outside RH for the temps and stage of growth.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s fantastic sir

2 Likes

Seedlings in 12 cow pots and 4 peat pots cause I ran out of cow pots.
Soil 9-22
Some nice looking roots
Iā€™m digging the cow pots definitely an upgrade to the peat pots!

As I still have mites wandering around the soil I havenā€™t tied down anything. I havenā€™t had to spray / treat the plants for a month or so as they canā€™t climb up through the DE and with no tie downs to use.
Well I came up with an idea to assist in spreading out the branches along with bending things.
Can you say
Oooh Christmas Tree
So here is what I tried tonight after thinning and bending things.

Look mom no hands - er I mean tie downs
Dropped about a foot in height. Gonna need to do some more scrounging in the garage for things to use for the other plants as this seems to be working so far.
The humidifier is awesome keeping things in range. All I have to do is add water.

Here are the veg ladies soon to be flipped

but I need to order another light. Was going to build another photo boost light but still not able to order the strips. Had signed up for email notifications a month ago but never got notice.
Iā€™m thinking of just ordering an r-Spec hlg240 long and use a couple smaller lights to fill the last 2x4 section for now and rotate the ladies in and out of that section.

Love the photo boost build but canā€™t really wait any longer cause I need to flip them very soonā€¦like last week or more.

Thanks for tuning in and HAGD

8 Likes