First grow journal 1 Afghan auto

Wow that is phenomenal to hear awesome thank you

1 Like

I just ordered some Durban Poison autos, too (different breeder), I plan to grow start growing one in a month or two.

2 Likes

No way i ordered them too Iā€™ll be following your grow when you plant them i gotta wait till spring gonna do a few outside only allowed 3 mature plants in Ny

1 Like

Just ordered a new microscope to connect to phone this is what i was able to catch on trichome progress with jewelers scope

2 Likes

You DO have a cat! :joy_cat:

Iā€™m seeing a fair amount of clear trichomes.

2 Likes

I know one of my friends that grew is saying he thinks itā€™s ready but Iā€™m on the fence, maybe another week?

1 Like

Also are there steps before chopping ? I read something like flush with water then 24 hours of darkness? I gave her, her last feeding yesterday.

1 Like

I also bought a vivo sun drying rack you think thatā€™s good to layer buds on to dry with a little fan pushing air through the layers?

1 Like

If thatā€™s the same girl as above in the trichome shots, sheā€™s not ready at all. The trichomes are all clear.
For maximum TCH, you have to let the trichomes turn all cloudy with just a touch of amber.
Iā€™d say you still have a couple of weeks leftā€¦
What do you say, @Covertgrower , @Graysin , @PurpNGold74 , @BobbyDigital , @AfgVet , @Twelve1 (just to tag a few great growers) ?

5 Likes

Thanks so much yea i keep getting mixed reviews from friends who grew i had a feeling it was early, Iā€™m getting that microscope tonight Iā€™ll put some more trichome pictures tomorrow

3 Likes

Trust your instincts. People who have grown the same strain arenā€™t going to be reliable indicators of how long your specific phenotype will take. Theirs may have been done in 8 weeks and yours might take 12 - thatā€™s the roll of the dice with genetics from seed. She definitely looks under-ripe. The shape of the bud isnā€™t quite ā€œswollenā€ yet - her pistils have turned but they havenā€™t receded.

More importantly, though, as others have said, most of the trichomes I saw in your pics are clear clear and more clear. Some cloudy and some amber, but even the sugar leave trichs are mostly clear - and those are the first to turn when trichomes start maturing.

You flatter me, Kap. I donā€™t belong in that list. :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you, itā€™s getting down to the 30s here next week at night and i have it in a detached garage so Iā€™m sort of panicking a bit lol

3 Likes

Can you leave it dark for 24 hrs and then resume lights-on when the sun sets? Let the lights be your nighttime anti-freeze protection.

once I used a cheap oil-filled radiator to keep my garage plant happy and un-frozen. It worked well enough.

5 Likes

Wow thatā€™s a great idea, maybe Iā€™ll flip the light so it stays warmer at night cause 50s during the day shouldnā€™t be bad it stays around 60 in the garage if itā€™s 45-50 during the day

4 Likes

Good plan - yeah, Iā€™d rather have the electricity Iā€™m already using be what helps heat up the space when itā€™s coldest. Theyā€™ll do great, even if they live a bit colder generally, itā€™ll help keep ya from freezing over.

5 Likes

Agreed with Graysin about the lighting schedule. My grow area is in the house, but I have lights on at 11pm and off at 4pm, it used to be 5pm. That way, the grow area is cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter.

Agreed also with the others about needing more time. Too many clears and she has more filling out to do. This can be a frustrating phase in the growing process, as plants are starting to look done, but arenā€™t, and we want the weed and want to start other plants. I harvested my second plant on the earlier side; at the time, it seemed fine and I had my other excuses for harvesting early, lol. But vaping it, itā€™s too racy. Iā€™ve used that weed for a ā€œraw teaā€ that has some relaxing effects, since thereā€™s no THC to be racy. But otherwise, that harvest isnā€™t too useful.

I donā€™t flush, many folks donā€™t, itā€™s a debatable subject, and often itā€™s a personal matter. Almost the same with the period of darkness. If you have a day or two to spare, then why not, but if you donā€™t, then no need to make a big deal out of it. Some say the darkness helps plump up the trichomes.

Keep the air moving with the drying room/area. I donā€™t think that you are saying to layer the buds on top of each other, right, since you donā€™t want to do that. I think you mean on the drying rack layers?

Yeah. And, being an Afghan, and if you want it for close-to-bedtime meds, then getting even more amber would be good, too, but thatā€™s your preference, CheetoBean. If you still want to be more functional during the daytime, at least not napping on the couch while on the Afghan, then donā€™t harvest with toooo much amber.

LOL, but yeah. CheetoBean, youā€™ve probably learned by now thatā€™s a kind of a joke around here, but is often true. :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks so much for your response, yes itā€™s the drying rack layered not on top of each other i switched the light to 12/12 instead of 18/6 like it was the entire time as well as doing the night time light instead of day, i have been so impatient but i trust all you obviously you know more so i just have to be very patient and i hope it turns out to be some potent stuff haha

3 Likes

Agree with Kap 100% on your tricombs. Youā€™ve got some time.

Switching your light schedule as @Graysin mentioned is ideal to keep them warmer at night. But they can handle some pretty cold conditions, even snow and @kaptain3d has Demonstrated to us all :rofl:.

5 Likes

Haha thatā€™s awesome news also thanks for your service ! Did 6 in infantry for nyc guard never deployed though lol

4 Likes

Thanks for yours as well!

2 Likes