First grow journal 1 Afghan auto

Seed germinated today, 3 gallon fabric pot with happy frog soil, ph the water plastic dome, 24x24x55 tent, small fan blowing air in, ac infinity exhaust fan with carbon filter, and ac infinity 150watt grow light. In my detached garage (shed attached to it). Looking forward to posting progress pics I’m sure I’ll need some tips along the way.

8 Likes

Also if anyone has any experience with Afghan auto, yield amounts ect i haven’t smoked in about 10-12 years so wanted a nice indica. I’d appreciate any info or advice possible. Thank you all.

7 Likes

Strap yourself in, thats my advice.

5 Likes

Haha what do you mean by that, I’m 31 just couldn’t with my job was prior military for a while. I heard todays stuff kinda kicks your ass lol compared to 10-12 years ago

4 Likes

It does, and homegrown will kick you azz compared to the dispensary.
Thanks for your service, and sacrafice, dont know I could go 10 years without smoking.
Also huge difference in edibles. Lotsa weed checking in at like 25-29% thc. Your gonna be pretty high. My advice, as a long term daily medicator, it takes two weeks to adjust, you can smoke all day after the adjustment, before the adjustment be prepared for a weed nap or two.

7 Likes

Good luck and have fun with it! :love_you_gesture:t2:

4 Likes

Hello, happy growing, and thanks for serving! I grew an Afghan auto (ILGM seed) several months ago. She was very leafy and I wasn’t yet comfortable with pruning or training. If you haven’t done so already, I’d suggest reading about those topics, since I had many bud sites covered by leaves and many that were further down the plant. Also, consider topping and/or LST to help even out the canopy and get more light to the colas.

Despite my setup (basic) and lack of plant training, I was impressed with the bud sizes, and she had lots of trichomes. Grown in a small (2-gallon) pot and without any training or a tent, my yield was just under an ounce, i.e. 26 grams.

I harvested her with some amber trichomes; for me, I found that to good for sleeping. She isn’t racy, I’ll have some before bed two-three times a week and I go right to sleep and wake up refreshed.

Everyone is different, but after I started consuming weed (again, since being a kid) early last year, I found that it took my body about two weeks of 2-3 times per week usage before I started sleeping better, which continues to this day. If I have some during the day, I still need a weed nap, LOL, I have a very low tolerance.

@Fiz has a friend who grew an Afghan auto or two. Fiz’s friend trained the plant and had a very good yield.

3 Likes

You guys are the best thank you so much for answering I’ll look at his thread i wasn’t gonna start chopping but wanted to do some LST

1 Like

That is true! He did much better on this second grow - he upgraded his lights.

I sense a familiar theme here…

2 Likes

@Fiz Did he upgrade to the Green Beams light?

If it’s @Fiz 's friend, then I’m pretty certain that he isn’t on this forum.

2 Likes

No, he didn’t listen to me, of course. But he’s got 300 w now, so twice what he had first grow.

And he was on the site for a hot second, but I forget his username and know he didn’t hang around.

2 Likes

This is the light i have hope it’s good enough for 1 auto in a 3 gallon pot my buddy is doing the same one same set up in a 5 gallon pot same soil hoping to get 2+ oz

2 Likes

That will be adequate for one plant. It’s a 100W fixture. I raised my first under 150W, it was just fine. The Afghans like to stretch, so be sure not to hang the light too high. Best thing to do is check DLI which can be done with a free app on either iphone or android. I found out I was hammering my girl with too much light, which you don’t want to do.

Here is a link to a thread on DLI. I have it keyed to a table showing DLI levels, but the whole thread has tons of info.

2 Likes

I’ll check it out thank you I’m stoked waiting for seedling to emerge from soil!

3 Likes

So it’s going to be 90 the next few days it stays about mid to low 80s in the garage ( detached in the shade) had a quick question i have my own panel in garage that i run a full fridge on with my light and fan on do i need to worry about over heating and causing a fire. I believe it’s a 240 line

1 Like

3 days after putting her in soil, sprayed the plastic cup and put it back over her temps are 84 in garage 60% humidity! So pumped!

3 Likes

Congrats! I love the little squirts! (My screen name is the date that my first weed plant sprouted, in 2020 :smiley:) She looks good! :+1:

Maybe you can have an electrician out to check out your panel for specs and safety. :electric_plug: :zap:

1 Like

Thank you also how long should i leave this humidity dome over her ? I read till she fills it out I’m so paranoid with over watering because i heard that’s a big killer, i just sprayed it again it was some beads of water in there already should i water around the cup a bit ? Soil is bone dry around it.

1 Like

Weed naps for sure. ESPECIALLY with that AFGHANI!!! zzzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzzz :joy:

1 Like

Right! I remember my first dab…passed out 20 mins later and slept for 8 hrs.

2 Likes