First Grow Indoor GSC auto

Not at all, HST maybe. I would tie the side branches back and down to the outside of the pot exposing the bud sites shadowed by the upper main growth.

1 Like

Thanks, I am going to see how it goes. I was wondering if I should do the cal/mag stuff yet. Still trying to make sure I donā€™t miss anything important and kill them. :rofl:

1 Like

No calmag needed right now with the FFOF, I would start supplementing that around week 4 in that medium.

1 Like

Still just water on the grow. I did purchase an HLG 260xl as I started to realize my two vivosun 1000w lights arenā€™t probably going to to cut it for flowering.

Can I add it when it arrives or will it cause problems? I do plan on adding a second HLG soon as it seems to be the most popular thing to do for the money and is recommended in this forum a bunch of times. I spent a long time last night researching hermies so I know what to look for. That was a rabbit hole.

2 Likes

@Kingkupa thanks!

Hey so been reading along from beginning and 100% fill you in not wanting to mess them up, I was so scared, petrified that I would cut wrong things stress plant to much. But the more you train, better off in the end. I did like half training, see some people pull top of plant all the way over.That still scares for, but if you saw in my journal I used the cheap fuzzy wire things, Dollar store got like 50 3-4 dollars. Didnā€™t do it all at once, little where and there. Concept of training to open up more flower and bud sites, better light penetration. Brick by brick Rome not built in a day, have more confidence in your self you have done a great job to get this far

3 Likes

Yeah, I am going to get something like that to try some training today. I havenā€™t really got to adding nutrients yet it does look like this is preflower so, likely will need to add this week since itā€™s week 4. I plan on getting a TDS reading and PH out reading so I know what they need.

Just my 2 cents wait tell you get a ph pen and your ppm before you feed nutes, water with what you have been doing, it is working, and measure your Run off, ph ppm. That will tell you how much nutes to add, or even if you need add them yet. If not you start adding things to your soil and you donā€™t know how much is needed can cause root lock out, more problems. Iā€™m kinda crazy everything that goes in and out of my girls I measure, even if not having issues, Wife says Iā€™m crazy I just like to know lol

1 Like

Out of likes, but great lighting selection. I run the HLG 300 RSPEC. Yes you can add it right away and the 2nd one when you decide to make that move. You mentioned Hermies, I thought you were growing autos? Anyway, with the new lights, I would suggest downloading the Photon app for your IPhone, it works great for setting your lighting intensity. You have different levels of lighting needed with the 3 different growth stages. Some invest in an expensive meter, the app is free :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Itā€™s good to keep track as I imagine things can change quickly. I just got a new tds meter today and plan on learning how to use and calibrate it. I will update when I water to run off tomorrow if I learn how to meter it right.

Iā€™m also sure your wife is right (we always are) :rofl:

Youā€™ll get to the point where youā€™ll know without measuring brother. Youā€™re doing awesome and still excited to see your chop day :joy:

I am doing autos. I have just read here that can still be an issue if the plants are stressed etc. with hermits, maybe Iā€™m wrong? The HGL seems to be the most used talked about on here by the mods. I feel like if I get two I will be more suited for this and maybe move the vivosuns to a veg tent.

Great plan and basically what I did. I had 3 different lights, MarsHydro 600 (my 1st ever) a Wills 1000 and Spider Farmer 1000. SF and MarsHydro in a grow tent and the Wills in my veg tent. Itā€™s dimmable and perfect for younger plants.

1 Like

I waiting too, want little more Amber, but the day before I do decide You will be tagged to make sure. This guy has been amazing like so many others, thank u thank u thank u

Yeah donā€™t get rid of other lights, can always find away to use, for something.
I went to you tube put in how to ph and ppm watched few videos to get an idea what I was doing no problem. A lot of this is easier then it looks, I was very overwhelming at beginning, still is, but understand what your trying to accomplish and work backwards from there. Like said above Iā€™m a little crazy, that works for me, maybe not everyone

1 Like

You made excellent choice on light, and perfectly fine to run them together.

1 Like

Thanks. I definitely read a lot of lighting threads with your recommendations. I appreciate you steering me in the right direction.

3 Likes

Happy to be of assistance. If you need help with it or anything else, please let me know.

1 Like

@Newt @dbrn32 Hey! Itā€™s new light day! Help!

So I bought the HLG 260xl QB v2 rspec

Where does the pot go and where does this other wire go to? I have the pot just dangling there and have a black wire with a white strip that goes to nothing. Where to you attach the dimmer to the unit?

Any help is so appreciated. I probably shouldnā€™t have gone the DIY route.

1 Like

Only 2 wires of the dimmer get used. And as for the pot, yeah, they donā€™t provide a mount. I went to Jerry Riggs Engineering, Inc. and mounted mine with a car battery post cover I had in my garage:

2 Likes