First Grow Indoor GSC auto

Cool thanks. Seems silly to not have something to mount it. You have a good idea here. Appreciate the fast reply.

2 Likes

Most welcome! Good luck, it’s a great light, bright enough to hurt you.

2 Likes

Sorry, busy day at work. Do you have this running?

1 Like

I do, thanks for checking in. @Newt was very helpful. Now I need a second one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great to hear!

1 Like

Update 10-20

Added the new HLG light last night and have started 1/2 strength nutrients FF big bloom and Tiger Bloom. They seem to be adjusting well. I know I need to trim these up. I did some minimal lst but the tent is probably way too full. I’m adding another inline fan today and hopefully swapping the big fan out for something I can mount to the tent to keep the airflow going and get a little more floor space.

6 Likes

Its showtime!

2 Likes

Looking great in there :love_you_gesture:. Nice light

2 Likes

A trusted friend is going to watch over the girls and the house while we are gone. I have what I think is a cal/mag deficiency starting, so we started to add it to the water feedings. Only one plant has it but, this plant seems more sensitive than the others for whatever reason. It’s also the tallest plant we have. Thanks everyone for the tips, tricks, and advice so far. I will update when we get back from Maui. Aloha!

1 Like

Enjoy you vacation!

So after being gone for 10 days for work and vacation, the girls did pretty good. I defoliated today. I think they still have a cal/mag deficiency. I am not sure. I am home for the rest of the cycle so, I will be able to keep a close eye on them. They are currently getting nutrients at 1/2 strength in a gallon of water per plant every three and cal/mag 1/2 tsp per gallon in between. I have learned I likely have too many plants in the 4x4 tent but, I wasn’t thinking they would all survive. A couple of them stand as tall as I am (5ft 2) in their pots. I added a couple of pics from Maui, too.

3 Likes

I added a support ticket also but, figured I would update this as well. Two schools of thought on what is going on. 1) nutrient burn 2) nutrient deficiency

I have been watering them every 2-3 days every 3rd feeding is 1/2 FF nutrients just big bloom and tiger bloom per schedule. Two feedings of just water with 1tsp cal/mag per gallon. I may have had too high of a PH in since my friend keeping an eye on them was not ph’ing the water. I flushed two that look rough with just pH water to runoff.

Current readings
pH in: 6.5 out 6.2
Ppm out 660 with the water flush

Bummed to see them take a bad turn after doing so well. Going to try and do more research and do a slurry test this afternoon and calibrate my meters to make sure they are reading right.

I think they are just hungry, especially for some N. I’d go up to full strength of as many of these that you have for the appropriate week, but I think they need some Grow Big.:

1 Like

Thank you. I am going to do a slurry test and calibrate the meters just to be sure and measure the ppm and ph going in and out when I feed and water tomorrow evening. They were so pretty…lol. Hoping I can turn this around. It’s only a couple of the plants.

I appreciate you taking the time, I don’t have a lot of followers, it has been really helpful.

1 Like

You got this. I had the same issue at about the same time and turned it around with the guide. And CalMag with the water on every other watering (your water source may vary, I’m on well water) that wasn’t also feeding. And I did the sledgehammer flush, and it really helped a lot, so I recommend that as well. The slurry test is a great idea, and is much more accurate that just measuring runoff ppms.

And of course pH whatever you give them, unless it’s distilled or RO water.

1 Like

By the way Maui looks amazing!

1 Like

Oh man, take Mrs. Newt and do it. I think I saw it was your birthday, if so, Happy Birthday!

I travel a lot and this was one of the best trips and really wasn’t as crazy expensive as I thought it would be. We did Airbnb’s and condos which was so much better than resort life. We hiked everywhere.

1 Like

We’ve been to Oahu. Hope to make Maui some time, but it’s a loooong flight from the east coast. And thanks, I had a great b’day.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m still recovering from the flight.

1 Like

Day 58. The ph and nutrient issue seems to have resolved. I have been watching numbers both in and out and they have been in range. Fattening up. Still a long way to go.

2 Likes